Saturday, February 21, 2026

Big Sean recalls ‘heavy ups and downs’ after death of Nipsey Hussle

Big Sean had no choice but to step away from music amid "a very deep battle of depression" following the passing of...

Latest Posts

KATSEYE’s Manon taking break from group for ‘health and wellbeing’

Manon Bannerman is taking a break from KATSEYE for her “health and wellbeing”. The group - which was recently...

‘My body had been through hell’: Barry Manilow postpones tour amid cancer battle

Barry Manilow has postponed the start of his upcoming arena tour after a “very depressing visit” with his surgeon.

Qymira teases stage costume ‘secret’

Qymira has been "hiding" a secret under her stage costume. The Hong Kong-born singer-and-actress is currently on the road...

Yungblud wants to record a Bond theme with Oasis

Yungblud wants to record a Jame Bond theme with Oasis. Britpop legends Oasis were recently rumoured to be among...

Trooping the Colour to be marred by heaps of rubbish?


The annual Trooping the Colour ceremony could be affected by the Royal Parks gardeners strike.

The GMB union – Britain’s general trade union – has warned that its members who look after the parks are planning to stage a 48-hour strike in a dispute over pay on Friday (12.06.15) meaning the parade from Buckingham Palace to Horse Guards Parade and back again on Saturday (13.06.15) could be marred by heaps of rubbish.

The Queen is expected to attend the ceremony – which marks her official birthday – but according to a GMB spokesman up to "36 hours’ worth of rubbish" may be visible in the parks when the parade begins, unless the strike is called off.

The spokesperson added: "Things won’t be as shiny and pristine as they would normally be."

The GMB revealed approximately 50 to 60 of its members work in the Royal Parks doing jobs such as looking after gardens, street cleaning, sweeping and rubbish collection on the roads and pathways through the parks for contractors OCS.

Gary Carter, GMB Organiser for Royal Parks told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "OCS wish to move staff from weekly to monthly pay, but intend to do so in a way which withholds money staff have already earned under current arrangements, leaving staff out of pocket. GMB members in the royal parks have already takeN solid strike action over the issue.

"This dispute can be resolved if management are willing to negotiate, compromise and look at everyone’s best interests and not simply their own."

A spokesman for The Royal Parks said: "It is the responsibility of landscape maintenance contractors to ensure continuity of service. We will liaise with OCS to ensure contingency plans are in place to cover key services."

Latest Posts

KATSEYE’s Manon taking break from group for ‘health and wellbeing’

Manon Bannerman is taking a break from KATSEYE for her “health and wellbeing”. The group - which was recently...

‘My body had been through hell’: Barry Manilow postpones tour amid cancer battle

Barry Manilow has postponed the start of his upcoming arena tour after a “very depressing visit” with his surgeon.

Qymira teases stage costume ‘secret’

Qymira has been "hiding" a secret under her stage costume. The Hong Kong-born singer-and-actress is currently on the road...

Yungblud wants to record a Bond theme with Oasis

Yungblud wants to record a Jame Bond theme with Oasis. Britpop legends Oasis were recently rumoured to be among...

Don't Miss

Oasis planning new songs for next tour

Oasis are set to debut new music on a 2027 tour. The band reunited for a string of sell-out...

Foo Fighters release new music

Foo Fighters have released new music on their website. However, out of 10 new pieces of music, only one...

Este Haim’s music score wish

Este Haim wants to compose music for Paul Thomas Anderson’s movies. The pair are close after the filmmaker directed...

Listen: Charli xcx releases Wuthering Heights soundtrack album

Charli xcx has unveiled her brand‑new album Wuthering Heights, to coincide with the arrival of Emerald Fennell’s hotly anticipated new feature film...

Cruz Beckham drops latest song For Your Love

Cruz Beckham has dropped his brand‑new single For Your Love, the latest step in the rising artist’s fast‑building musical journey.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.