Monday, February 16, 2026

Self Esteem talks anger, gaslighting and survival in the music industry

Self Esteem has spoken candidly about self‑worth, misogyny and the realities of surviving the music industry. Reflecting on her...
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Katy Perry to audition for Vin Diesel movie?


Katy Perry is set to audition for a role in Vin Diesel's new movie.
The 'Roar' hitmaker could be turning her hand at acting after talking to the Hollywood actor-and-producer about a role in the 'xXx' action franchise.
Vin, 46, recently hinted he is considering the songstress - who has previously had a voice role in 'The Smurfs' movies - for the female lead role and it now appears Katy could indeed be in line for the part.
The 'Fast & Furious' star wrote on Facebook last month: "As you know, the new XXX script finally comes in next month...and just this morning people are suggesting Katy Perry as the new X girl. (sic)"
A casting source told the Daily Star newspaper: "Everyone is a bit shocked, but Katy has been told she can come and try out for the part.
"The audition is lined up for the next few weeks - depending on Katy's schedule."
The 29-year-old singer voiced her admiration for Vin after he posted a webcam clip of him dancing to her hit single 'Dark Horse', as well as Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love', last month.
She tweeted: "YES VIN DIESEL (sic)"
Katy wouldn't be the first pop star to catch Vin's eye as he previously asked Rita Ora to make a cameo in last year's 'Fast & Furious 6', which was filmed largely in the 'R.I.P.' hitmaker's hometown London.
The Hollywood star praised Rita, saying: "I was out one night and was introduced to her. We were looking for someone to kick off the most quintessential race in the movie.
"We wanted somebody who represented today's London and have that presence to kick off a race of that style and she was just perfect and she was game to do it. We were lucky to get her and we were lucky that she came in and kicked butt."

Kerry Washington throws baby shower


Kerry Washington had a garden party-themed baby shower on Sunday (23.02.14).
The 'Scandal' actress - who is expecting her first child with her husband Nnamdi Asomugha - threw a lavish bash at the home of her popular TV show's creator, Shonda Rhimes, for 40 of her closest friends and family members.
A source told People magazine: "Several guests gave toasts and Kerry seemed very excited."
Party goers, who included fitness guru Jane Fonda, sipped lemonade and champagne at the event.
Kerry, 37, appears to be keeping the sex of her baby a secret, with the eye-witness revealing that presents were wrapped in a neutral mix of yellows, pinks, blues and greens.
The star had reason to celebrate after taking home the Outstanding Actress in a Drama Series award at the 45th Annual NAACP Image Awards on Saturday night (22.02.14).
Kerry stunned on the red carpet in a blue silk Thakoon dress with peach-coloured detailing, proudly showing off her baby bump,
'Scandal' was one of the big winners on the night, with her co-star Joe Morton receiving the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, and the show scooping the Outstanding Drama Series award.


Sam Worthington arrested after altercation with photographer


Sam Worthington has been arrested for punching a photographer.
The 'Avatar' actor is said to have rushed to his girlfriend Lara Bingle's defence when she was allegedly kicked in the shin by a paparazzo as the couple were leaving Cubbyhole bar in Greenwich Village, New York City.
Sam was charged with assault and released on bail for reportedly punching the camera-wielding snapper in the face, and has been set a court date for February 26, the NYPD told TMZ.com.
The photographer, named Sheng Li, was arrested and booked for reckless endangerment, assault and harassment.
During the scuffle, the Australian hunk is said to have referred to model Lara as his "wife", shouting at the photographer, "you kicked my wife".
However, a source told the MailOnline: "He would have been speaking figuratively. They are definitely not married, as far as I know."
The couple were rumoured to have tied the knot during a secret ceremony in Western Australia earlier this year and have been spotted wearing matching rings.
Sam, 37, previously got into an altercation with a photographer in 2012, when he was arrested and pepper sprayed following an argument outside a restaurant in Atlanta.

Julianne Moore is shockingly domestic


Julianne Moore is "shockingly domestic."
The 'Non-Stop' actress, who is married to film director Bart Freundlich, lets her husband cook but insists she does her own housework and is obsessed with being organised.
She told the Sunday Telegraph's Stella Magazine: "I'm tremendously domestic. Shockingly domestic, in fact! Some people think that actresses tend not to be practical or domestic. That we're very flighty and emotionally vulnerable. Trust me, I'm not like that. My house is very clean and organised."
The 53-year-old actress, who has children Caleb, 16, and Liv, 11, with Bart, claims she's not good at cooking but likes to spend time in the kitchen in the mornings.
She said: "I'm not a great cook - my husband does most of the cooking. But I make a hot breakfast for my children every day, and I always put out place mats and napkins."
Julianne always wanted to be a mother but didn't have her first child until she was 37, and she says she has given them plenty of advice for the future.
She explained: "I knew from very early on that I wanted kids. I wasn't one of those women who goes, 'Well, if it happens, it happens'. I really wanted a family. I always felt I'd get there.
"I always say to them, 'What gives you pleasure and joy? Let those be the things that lead you forward in life."
The star insists balancing her work with family life in New York isn't too difficult and she often takes her children and husband away with her when she's filming big movies.
She added: "If someone says to me, 'Will you do this film in Hungary?' I just go, 'Sorry - if you can move it to New Jersey, then maybe it will work."

Simon Cowell was unsure about becoming a dad


Simon Cowell wasn't sure how he'd feel about becoming a dad.
The TV star, who has welcomed baby Eric into the world, his first child with partner Lauren Silverman, admits he didn't know how he would handle the news if he was ever told he would become a parent.
Speaking before the birth, he said: "[I'm] feeling really good about it, yeah. Now it's all nearly happened, I'm excited. I mean, it's actually real. It's a first time for me, so I didn't know how I was going to feel, but I'm excited."
The couple's son was born on Valentine's Day (14.02.14) and Simon rushed to New York from the London auditions of 'Britain's Got Talent' to be with Lauren in time for the birth.
Eric, who is named after Simon's father, was born at 17.45pm, and the TV talent show guru, 54, later uploaded intimate snaps of his new son on Twitter, saying he never knew "how much love and pride I would feel" and described Eric as "handsome."
The music mogul, who launches 'I Can't Sing! The X Factor Musical', at the London Palladium on Thursday (27.02.14), joked that he would like to make his son a stage star.
He added to The Sunday Times newspaper's Culture magazine: "I'll give it a year. I don't want to exploit him too early."

Justin Bieber’s neighbours aren’t happy


Justin Bieber's new neighbours are planning to stage a protest.
The 'Baby' hitmaker recently moved into a new rental property in the upmarket area Buckhead in Atlanta, Georgia while he looks for a home to buy there, but residents are reportedly furious he is living in their exclusive neighbourhood.
A source told gossip website TMZ.com that the 19-year-old star's neighbours have scheduled a protest on Monday morning (24.02.14), as they are worried he will cause chaos.
The Buckhead Neighbourhood Coalition is asking protesters to show up at 9am and more than 200 people have already indicated they will attend.
Organisers have also launched a petition in a bid to get Justin to leave the area, that reads: "We have worked hard to achieve our goals and get where we are. Justin Bieber's relocation to Atlanta can be nothing but bad for our children.
"Some can't even let their child play in the driveway without fear; he has raced vehicles under the influence before. What's to say he won't do it again?
"Please don't allow a child to ruin what we have worked so hard to obtain."
Law enforcement in the area has been sending patrol cars out to monitor Justin's property several times a day to make sure nobody gets too close for the singer's comfort.
The department is fully aware of the 'Heartbreaker' hitmaker's issues with his last neighbour's in Calabasas, California, which came to a head with an incident where one of his neighbour's houses was egged, causing up to $20,000 of damage, and previously said police officers won't tolerate any bad behaviour.

Katie Price hits out at Peter Andre


Katie Price has lashed out Peter Andre on Twitter.
The former glamour model claims she hasn't heard from their eight-year-old son, Junior, and six-year-old daughter, Princess, in 11 days because they are staying with her ex-husband, and is furious with him for not enabling them to contact her.
The 35-year-old star tweeted on Saturday (22.02.14): "disgusting,haven't heard from my children for 11 days no tex no missed calls no messages and people wonder why I don't have good word to say (sic)."
When several of her followers encouraged her to do something about the situation, Katie responded: "Don't you think I have! My lawyers know too. (sic)"
Katie and Peter have had an on-going war of words since they split in 2009 after three years of marriage.
The 'Mysterious Girl' hitmaker did not respond to Katie's accusations, and simply tweeted: "Saturday night take away brill (sic)"
The 40-year-old star announced his engagement to 23-year-old medical student Emily MacDonagh last month, shortly after she gave birth to their first child together, Amelia.
Peter recently revealed he always puts his children first like his friend Gary Barlow.
He said: "I had this chat with Gary Barlow - he won Father of the Year last year and I had it the two years before.
"We discussed what makes a good parent, and the answer is simple, no one does it the right or wrong way, you put your kids first, you're a good parent. I'm much easier and more lenient with my kids than my parents were with me, but it doesn't make me a worse parent, it's my way."

Little Mix too busy for Demi Lovato


Little Mix haven't had a chance to bond with Demi Lovato.
The British girl group are currently supporting the 'Heart Attack' hitmaker on her Neon Lights Tour, but member Perrie Edwards admits they have been too busy to get to know each other.
The 20-year-old star told 'On Air with Ryan Seacrest': "We haven't actually spent that much time with Demi at the minute but it's because whenever we are getting ready, we have to go on and then when she's getting ready, she goes on so we kind of miss each other a bit.
"But, hopefully, we'll get together and we'll hang out and she can give us advice and stuff because she's been in the industry awhile now and she's amazing."
Demi, 21, kicked off her new tour in Vancouver, Canada on February 9 and revealed beforehand that she couldn't wait to be on the road.
She wrote on Twitter: "I've never been more excited for a tour in my life... It feels like Christmas morning!!!!! #NEONLIGHTSTOUR"
The 'Skyscraper' singer, who battled a cocaine addiction in the past, has banned anyone from using drugs or alcohol around her on the tour.
She recently said: "Everyone on the team is required to stay clean and focused. It's not about trying to party. It's about putting on the best show and everyone needs to be in tiptop shape. That's how it should be for every tour."

Katherine Heigl helps rescue dogs


Katherine Heigl is helping two rescue dogs from Sochi, Russia find new homes in the US.
The 35-year-old actress picked up the two dogs, named Sochi and Adler, from former 'Bachelorette' Ali Fedotowsky, who escorted them safely to Los Angeles from Sochi on Saturday (22.02.14), where she working was an Olympic correspondent for E! News.
The '27 Dresses' star, who has seven dogs of her own and co-founded the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation, aimed at finding happy homes for shelter dogs, told PEOPLE.com that she was inspired to help after hearing officials in Russia planned to kill any stray dogs found near the Olympic Park, and was concerned that one of the animals had been very sick on the flight.
She said: "Sochi hasn't eaten in 15 hours and is throwing up so we are hoping that it's just from the travel."
She added: "We haven't done this before. We haven't done a rescue from another country. I'm nervous for the dogs. It's an awfully long flight. I'm hoping it's the beginning of the good life to come."
The blonde beauty collected the pets at LAX airport and immediately drove them to a vet so they could be treated and begin the two-to-four week quarantine process "to make sure [the dogs] are not carrying infectious diseases that could be passed on to humans."
A number of athletes also adopted pets in Sochi before the 2014 Winter Olympics came to an end on Sunday (23.02.14).

Must Read

Don Henley warns 2026 will be ‘the end’ for the Eagles

The Eagles will finally disband in 2026 after a lengthy goodbye tour. The Hotel California group - which formed...

3 Doors Down frontman Brad Arnold dead at 47

3 Doors Down frontman Brad Arnold has died at the age of 47. The rocker passed away on Saturday...

Peter Andre urged son Junior Andre to not rush into becoming a musician

Peter Andre encouraged his son Junior not to rush into becoming a musician. Junior was aged 17 when he...