Monday, February 16, 2026

Kid Rock denies lip syncing in alternative halftime show

Kid Rock has denied lip syncing for his alternative Super Bowl halftime show. The 55-year-old rap rock turned country...
Home Royal

Royal

Holland’s King Willem-Alexander to commemorate Battle of Arnhem


Holland's King Willem-Alexander will pay tribute to Polish soldiers next month.
The 47-year-old royal is set to attend the 70th commemoration of Polish participation in World War 2's Battle of Arnhem which will be held on September 20 in Driel, just 10 kilometres away from the battle site.
King Willem-Alexander will be joined by the Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte and Poland's President Count Bronisław Komorowski who will give heartfelt speeches at the event set to be attended by twelve veterans who fought in the il-fated battle to capture a bridge over the river Rhine.
Willem-Alexander and his wife Queen Maxima made their first official royal visit to the country in June this year where they honoured the Polish contribution to the liberation of the south of Holland during the German occupation.
Meanwhile, the King - who was crowned following the abdication of his mother Queen Beatrix in January last year - and Queen Maxima have been mourning last month's aircrash disaster which claimed the lives of 189 dutch passengers.
Following the incident, King Willem-Alexander paid tribute to the victims of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 - which came down over Ukraine on July 23.
Victims included Aids researcher Joep Lange and the Dutch Labour party MP Willem Witteveen, leaving the King "deeply shocked".
He previously said: "We offer our deepest sympathy to the families, friends and colleagues of the victims and to those who are still uncertain if their loved ones were on board the plane."

Prince Charles visits Highland Games


Britain's Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla attended the Highland Games yesterday (14.08.14).
The royal couple - who are known as the Duke and Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland - arrived at Ballater's Monaltrie Park at around midday and were welcomed by the combined Pipe Bands of Ballater & District, 47 Culter Boys Brigade, Kintore & District and Towie & District entering the ring, before visited the Information tent to view an exhibition of historical photographs.
Ballater Local History Group chairman Alastair Cassie said: "They loved the photos. Camillla said she wished she'd brought her glasses."
The pair were joined at the event by Camilla's daughter Laura Lopes and her children Eliza, six, and twins Gus and Louis, five.
The youngsters seemed delighted to see their grandparents, with one of the twins wrapping his arms around Charles' leg and Eliza playing curiously with the sporran the prince was wearing with his kilt.
The royal couple - who are currently holidaying at their Scottish home of Birkhall - were also seen toasting with a glass of whiskey and met with many local stallholders, including the Cambus O'May Cheese Co., who presented Charles with their wares.
The visit marked the first time Charles and Camilla have attended the Games, which celebrated its 150th anniversary this year.

James Middleton expanding business


James Middleton is expanding his marshmallow business.
The 27-year-old businessman - the younger brother of Britain's Duchess Catherine - has seen his company Boomf ship over two tonnes of sweet treats in less than a year and made over £100,000 in sales in its first three months, so he is now planning a store in New York and a factory in the US to ensure he can ship orders within three days.
Boomf charges £15 for a box of nine marshmallows - which are customised with pictures given by the buyer - which can be ordered online and shipped anywhere in the world.
James joked to CNN Money that one of the biggest perks of running the company is getting to do "continuity checks" on every batch of marshmallows that is dispatched from the factory.
However, he declined to answer when asked if his nephew, Catherine and Prince William's son Prince George, 12 months, had tried the sweets.
James has previously launched a number of cake-based ventures and thinks marshmallows are much more popular.
He explained: "Marshmallows are quite durable and they're just fun."
Boomf encourage customers to dunk their marshmallows in a comforting hot drink or roast them over the campfire.
However, James admitted: "I'm a burner."

Brad and Angelina want to meet Duchess Catherine


Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are reportedly desperate to meet Duchess Catherine.
The Hollywood couple - who raise children Maddox, 13, Pax, 10, Zahara, nine, Shiloh, eight, and five-year-old twins Vivienne and Knox, together - are hoping for a private audience with the British royal when she visits Malta next month.
Brad and Angelina are said to still feel bad about accidentally snubbing the duchess by pulling out of an event attended by her and husband Prince William - with who she has son Prince George, 12 months - during their royal tour of North America in 2011.
A source told the Daily Star newspaper: "It's bothered Brad and Ange ever since but they're hoping to make amends now."
During their North American tour, Catherine - who was known as Kate Middleton before her marriage - struck up a friendship with Reese Witherspoon and it was claimed during her pregnancy that she had sought advice from the 'Legally Blonde' star, who has children Ava, 14, Deacon, 10, and Tennessee, 22 months.
A source previously said: "They have developed a very strong bond.
"Kate knows Reese would never reveal anything about their talks and Reese knows what it's like to live in the spotlight. They have a lot in common.
"Kate talks to Reese about all of her questions and concerns. She has become kind of an older sister Kate can confide in."

Prince Harry invited to redhead convention


Britain's Prince Harry has been invited to a redhead convention in Ireland.
The 29-year-old royal - who was named the world's sexiest ginger man in a poll earlier this year - has been asked to the Irish Red Head Convention in Crosshaven, Co Cork, which runs from August 22 to 24 and features events and activities including speed dating and carrot throwing.
Event organiser Joleen Cronin wrote to Harry, saying: "We can assure you that there will never be a dull moment. As a fellow redhead you will be welcomed by the opportunity to partake in the annual carrot throwing championship, dabble in some ginger speed-dating and enjoy our night time antics throughout the village.
"You will of course be entitled to enter our redhead King and Queen competition, where two lucky people are crowned as the royalty of this year's convention."
Joleen admitted to the Irish Examiner newspaper that she is still awaiting a royal reply, but does expect over 500 redheads to gather at the festival from across the globe.
The event - which was launched by Joleen and her brother Denis in 2010 - promotes and fundraises for the Irish Cancer Society.

Denmark’s Princess Mary and Prince Frederick enjoy dinner date

Denmark's Crown Princess Mary and Prince Frederick enjoyed a dinner date. The royal couple took a night off from looking after their huge brood - made up of Prince Christian, eight, and Princess Isabella, seven, and three-year-old twins Prince Vincent...

Princess Anne will go to Africa


Britain's Princess Anne will go ahead with a planned trip to Africa.
The 63-year-old royal - the daughter of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip - is due to carry out a four-day visit to Ethiopia and Tanzania and despite concerns about the spread of the deadly Ebola virus, she has vowed to make the engagement next month.
A source told the Daily Mail newspaper: "There is no question of Her Royal Highness not going ahead with the visit."
Another source added: "Anne sees her charity work as vital and will not be put off by something like this.
"She is used to running the risk of catching illnesses when visiting hospitals and sick children in Africa."
Anne will first visit Ethiopia in her capacity as president of Save the Children - a position she had held for 44 years - and will inspect projects being undertaken in the country.
She will then fly to Tanzania to see work by the Vine Trust, the children's charity of which she is patron.
The princess faces risks in both regions, as the Foreign and Commonwealth Office are currently warning against visits to Ethiopia's Somali region because of a high risk of terrorist attacks and severe kidnapping threat.
Last week, two suspected cases of Ebola were reported in Tanzania for the first time.

Windsor Castle could be theft target


Police patrols have increased around Windsor Castle amid concerns about fruit thieves.
Thieves have been breaking into allotments around the British royal residence - Queen Elizabeth's favourite weekend retreat - in Berkshire, South East England, and taking "industrial quantities" of gooseberries, strawberries, blackberries, runner beans and other crops, prompting fears they could next target the two working farms attached to the royal estate.
Around 50 kilos of fruit have been taken from the allotments, which are adjacent to a field of royal sweetcorn and close to the Royal Farm Shop, over a two-week period, causing the owners to speculate the produce is being sold on the black market, not just for personal consumption.
Jim Snapes, chairman of the Old Windsor Allotment Association, told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "It would take some time to pick what they were stealing.
"It was on an industrial scale, particularly with the amount of gooseberries being stolen. The amount being taken had never been seen on that scale here before.
"If someone really determined wanted to gain access to the royal land adjacent to our own, it would not be too tough."
A spokesperson for the Windsor Castle estate said that they were not aware of the thefts.

Duchess Catherine goes bargain hunting


Britain's Duchess Catherine stunned shoppers at an outlet centre when she stopped by for a bargain.
The thrifty royal - who was known as Kate Middleton before her marriage - spent an hour at Bicester Village in Oxfordshire, South East England in the discount stores looking for items for herself, husband Prince William and their 12-month-old son Prince George.
One sales assistant told The Sun newspaper: "Kate came in on Sunday (10.08.14) on her own, just like anyone else, and browsed the sale racks.
"At first I didn't recognise her. I couldn't believe it was Kate.
"She was very friendly. I was star-struck to be honest."
Catherine was seen in the Lacoste store looking for pyjamas for George, which sell at £23.50 in the outlet store, half the price of their full retail value.
She also bought a bath mat.
And after she had finished in Lacoste, the duchess also stopped in the Temperley, Ralph Lauren and Gucci outlet stores.
However, rather than have to carry home her purchases, she arranged to have them couriered to her apartment at London's Kensington Palace.

Must Read

Report: Lily Allen, RAYE and Dua Lipa to perform medley in tribute to Mark Ronson at BRIT Awards

Lily Allen, RAYE and Dua Lipa have been approached about honouring collaborator Mark Ronson with a medley at the 2026 BRIT Awards.

Lana Del Rey shares release date of new single from upcoming album Stove

Lana Del Rey will be releasing her new single White Feather-Hawk Tail Deer Hunter on February 17, 2026. The...

Don Henley warns 2026 will be ‘the end’ for the Eagles

The Eagles will finally disband in 2026 after a lengthy goodbye tour. The Hotel California group - which formed...