Britain's Queen Elizabeth will meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican during her official visit to Italy.
The 87-year-old monarch - who is the head of the Church of England - and Prince Philip are set to visit Rome this April where they will enjoy a private lunch with Italian president Giorgio Napolitano before meeting the leader of the Catholic Church.
A statement issued by Buckingham Palace says: "The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, will visit Rome on Thursday 3 April.
"Her Majesty and His Royal Highness are visiting at the invitation of the president of Italy, President Napolitano.
"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will visit the presidential palace where they will attend a private lunch hosted by the president.
"Following the private lunch Her Majesty and His Royal Highness will have an audience with His Holiness Pope Francis at the Vatican."
Although the queen hasn't met Francis since he was elected in March 2013 she's made three previous visits to the Vatican in 1961, 1980 and 2000, where she's greeted Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II.
The trip was originally planned for last year but Elizabeth fell ill and was forced to drop out.
Duchess Catherine and Prince George have returned home from their holiday in Mustique.
Duchess of Cambridge - known as Kate Middleton before she wed Prince William - and her sixth-month-old son joined her family on the Caribbean island to celebrate her mother Carole Middleton's 59th birthday which falls on January 31 last week.
Since then Catherine and George have been reunited with William who stayed in the UK where he is currently doing a 10-week agriculture course at Cambridge University.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "They enjoyed their break immensely but of course they missed having William with them.
"He will be very glad to have them home, a week away from your baby is a long time and of course he will have missed little George."
The Middletons, who also include Catherine's father Michael, brother James and sister Pippa, will no doubt have been spoiling the newest member of the family on the luxury trip.
Catherine was previously spotted disembarking from a Boeing 777 plane on her way to the luxury island while she carried a wriggling baby George in her arms, and appeared to have escaped her fellow passengers' attention.
A source said: "Kate left the plane carrying her son like any other proud new mother. Everyone in her party had huge smiles on their faces as they walked across the tarmac to take a second, smaller plane, which took them on to Mustique.
"There were lots of other tourists surrounding them, but the Duchess and her little boy escaped their attention."
Britain's Prince Charles will visit Somerset today (04.02.14).
The 65-year-old royal will meet residents in the village of Muchelney and Langport in Somerset Levels, South West England who have been dealing with the devastating consequences of floods which have affected their homes and businesses.
Charles' is conducting the visit as patron of the Prince's Countryside Fund - an organisation which supports rural projects and offers funds during a crisis - and it is hoped his stay will give the locals the chance "to make their views very, very clear".
Sky News's royal correspondent Paul Harrison said: "They [the flood victims] feel as though their voices aren't being heard. With Charles here today, that will give them a chance to make their views very, very clear.
"We'll see him by hook or by crook with the help of a 4x4 and a boat seeing people who've been cut off.
"These will be very public moments with people because they will be on camera but what we do know is that Prince Charles will also be doing private visits."
The Prince of Wales' trip comes after head of the Environment Agency (EA) admitted they hadn't done as much as they "should have" to deal with the flooding.
Lord Smith told Sky News: "We probably haven't done as much as we should have done up to now and I regret that - but we've had very difficult choices to make."
Britain's Prince Charles has donated £50,000 to aid flood victims in Somerset.
The Prince of Wales visited the ravaged county in south west England today (04.02.14) and pledged his financial support through the Prince's Countryside Fund charity.
Victoria Elms of the Prince's Countryside Fund said: "Rural communities in the south west are facing a second consecutive year of flooding.
"The Prince's Countryside Fund exists to support the people who live and work in the countryside and we hope this financial aid will go some way to supporting the farmers, businesses and families who are facing severe hardships as a result of the flooding.
"Rural businesses are key to thriving communities and we want to help get hard-hit villages back on their feet and open for business."
In an adventurous trip, the 65-year-old royal reached the village of Mucheleney by police boat and later travelled by tractor along the flooded roads to witness the devastation caused by the flooding.
Speaking at a reception, Prince Charles declared that it was a "tragedy" that more hadn't been done to aid victims of the flooding in Somerset.
He said: "There's nothing like a jolly good disaster to get people to start doing something. The tragedy is that nothing happened for so long."