Saturday, February 21, 2026

Fundraiser launched for permanent Gary ‘Mani’ Mounfield’ tribute in Manchester

A fundraiser has been launched for a permanent mural in tribute to Gary 'Mani' Mounfield. The Stone Roses icon,...
Home Royal

Royal

Royal wedding car ‘becomes crowd attraction’


Britain's Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding car became an attraction for amateur photographers at an event in Fairford, Gloucestershire.
The royal duo - who tied the knot in 2011 - drove the 46-year-old Aston Martin on the day of their wedding and the Prince Charles-owned vehicle was a star turn when the 66-year-old father-of-two recently attended a concert for the Music In Country Churches charity he supports.
One onlooker told PEOPLE magazine: "I've been to this event a few times but I've never seen so many people try this before.
"There were so many people they were almost queuing up to have their picture taken in front of the car. Some people were almost pressing their noses up against the windows."
Prince Charles drove his Aston Martin Volante DB6 MKII from his Highgrove home to the venue, where he parked it outside.
Shortly afterwards, as many as 40 to 50 people started crowding around the vehicle, taking pictures with it on their mobile phones and cameras.
Meanwhile, Charles' eldest son Prince William recently returned to his royal duties following the birth of his second child, Princess Charlotte, earlier this month.
He attended a wildlife task force meeting at the headquarters of the International Union for Conservation of Nature in Switzerland.

Prince Harry ‘is dating Chelsy Davy’


Britain's Prince Harry is reportedly dating his ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy.
The 30-year-old royal - who was recently linked with another of his old flames, Cressida Bonas - is planning a series of dates with the blonde beauty, including spending time with her in South Africa, where her father Charles hails from.
A source said: "Chelsy has always been the one for Harry. They might have been apart for a while, but they're a natural match and they've enjoyed seeing each other again. They're back on and seeing what happens.
"The ball is very much in Chelsy's court. She knows what life with him entails, but they've been through so much together. Announcing that he is ready to settle down publicly is his way of showing her he's serious."
It's been suggested the duo are considering spending some official royal engagements together.
The insider told Britain's Grazia magazine: "Chelsy will be in South Africa during the summer and Harry has agreed to visit. They're planning a safari, as well a scheduling in some time to spend with Chelsy's parents. It's a special place for both of them.
"She's agreed to attend several events with Harry later in the year, although whether they will arrive and leave together remains to be seen."

Prince Harry meets Princess Charlotte for the first time


Britain's Prince Harry met Princess Charlotte for the first time on Friday (22.05.15).
The 30-year-old royal missed the birth of his niece because he was away at military training in Australia, meaning last week's meeting at Anmer Hall was the first opportunity he'd had to pay her a visit.
A source told Us Weekly magazine: "Harry was counting down the days to meet Charlotte.
"He was very excited. An extremely proud uncle."
Prior to introducing himself to his niece, Prince Harry revealed he'd be happy to see the newest member of his family join the armed forces one day.
He admitted: "I would definitely encourage [Prince] George, and Charlotte if she wants to, to have some sort of involvement in the Armed Forces, guaranteed.
"And I know that [the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge] would probably echo that as well, depending on the situation for them in those years to come.
"It's done no harm, just good, for me, and I know it's the same for William. It's hard to say anything else on that because, as a parent, it's your choice.
"As an uncle, you know, I would say enjoy the role, because at first it's just pressure, pressure, pressure.
"Just enjoy it and make the most of it. If you're going to be doing it and you're having an effect on so many people then, if you smile, they're smiling - and what's the point of doing such a unique job without enjoying it?"

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik leave Germany

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik have completed their three-day visit of Germany. The Danish royal couple - who celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary last week - have been touring the European country in order to promote Danish-German trade relat...

Prince William blasts wildlife ‘plunder and destruction’


The Duke of Cambridge has spoken out against the "plunder and destruction" of African wildlife.
Attending the 25th anniversary of the Tusk Trust - which Prince William has been a Royal Patron of for 10 years - at Windsor Castle last night (21.05.15), the 32-year-old prince addressed the 300 guests at the event, including Katherine Jenkins, and said that wildlife hunting is "growing worse by the week".
The Duke of Cambridge said: "The plunder and destruction of Africa's natural endowment remains one of the greatest challenges facing the world - and it is growing worse by the week.
"Over the last 100 years, the abundance of the world's species has decreased by almost a third. But the picture in the last few years has seen a genuinely unprecedented rise in the numbers of animals being slaughtered for their body parts.
"With the illegal trade on the rise, our response to it must rapidly evolve. The time for words has long gone - we must see action."
Prince William went on to praise the Tusk Trust, led by CEO Charlie Mayhew, for raising $39million in 25 years for over 100 projects, protecting 36 different endangered species.
He said: "I am hugely proud to be Royal Patron of Tusk Trust, a position I've now had for 10 years - longer than any other position I've held bar none."
Prince William is set to spend the next week off with the Duchess of Cambridge, their one-year-old Prince George and newborn Princess Charlotte until he returns to his new job as an air ambulance pilot on 1 June.

Prince Daniel: Spotify has put Sweden ‘on the map’


Prince Daniel awarded the founders of Spotify for putting Sweden "on the map".
The prince presented Svenska Dagbladet's Business Achievement of the Year award to Daniel Ek and Martin Lorentzon for changing the way that people "consume music" at the Swedish Young Enterprise Championships at Stockholmsmässan in Älvsjö this week.
Prince Daniel said: "(Daniel and Mark) have changed the way we consume music in a revolutionary manner. The two founders have also created a fast-growing company that has put Sweden on the map as a digital role model."
The Swedish Young Enterprise Championships bring together the winners from Young Enterprise's 24 regions to compete for the title of Swedish Champion, and, while there, Prince Daniel also took the opportunity to meet some of the teachers there, who he said he is "full of admiration for".
According to the Swedish Royal Court, Prince Daniel said: "I am full of admiration for people who make a difference. This is absolutely central to what you do as teachers, and I wish you the best in your important work."
The prince concluded his visit with a tour of the exhibition hall, during which he met many of the 25,000 young entrepreneurs who presented their 290 companies.

Sarah Ferguson lets Eugenie and Beatrice know she’s missing them


The Duchess of York carried a tote bag with her daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie as babies emblazoned on it, as she stepped out in Cannes.
The 55-year-old former wife of Prince Andrew was pictured getting out of a car to attend a yacht party in Cannes, alongside the likes of Paris Hilton, Lewis Hamilton and Robin Thicke. The photo on the bag shows the two princesses as little girls, looking adorable sat side by side in similar outfits and wearing matching bonnets.
Sarah Ferguson must be missing her daughters, as 26-year-old Princess Beatrice is currently soaking up the sunshine in Barbados with her boyfriend Dave Clark, while her younger sister 25-year-old Eugenie is working for online auction house Paddle8 in New York.
This isn't the first time that the Duchess has expressed her love for her children through her wardrobe. Back in January, she was pictured leaving 'The Today Show' in New York carrying a bag featuring a black and white snapshot of Beatrice and Eugenie, and was photographed wearing the same bag in 2011.
The mother-of-two and her daughters could all soon be reuniting however, as Beatrice is reportedly planning on leaving the UK and following Sarah and Eugenie to the United States. The Princess is said to be considering relocating across the Atlantic after quitting her £20,000 a year role as a paid intern at Sony Entertainment Pictures in December.

Prince William is ‘a fan of Gavin and Stacey’


The Duke of Cambridge is a "fan of 'Gavin and Stacey'".
The 32-year-old prince revealed his love for the TV show, as he stepped in for his grandmother Queen Elizabeth II to award Sheridan Smith with an OBE for her services to drama yesterday afternoon (21.05.15) at Buckingham Palace.
Speaking afterwards, Sheridan said: "I did say I don't feel as worthy as so many of the recipients, but thank you so much, it's a huge honour.
"(The Duke of Cambridge) said he'd seen some of my work, which is amazing, and was a fan of 'Gavin and Stacey'. And I congratulated him on his wonderful children and he shook my hand and I was shaking - it's all a bit of a blur. I never ever expected to get an OBE so this is absolutely indescribable."
With the Duchess of Cambridge looking after Princess Charlotte, who was born May 2, and one-year-old Prince George at home, Prince William has been working hard, but also found time to relax in front of a film.
He was spotted heading to see 'Mad Max: Fury Road' at a cinema close to his Kensington Palace home, according to People magazine.
Prince William also revealed he's been getting "sleepless nights" thanks to Princess Charlotte, earlier this week, while meeting the England Women's football team.
The England Lionesses captain Steph Houghton previously said: "He said George is very lively, and Princess Charlotte has been keeping him up all night, giving him a few sleepless nights. But he said he was just happy to have them both here."

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik visit Germany

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark have been visiting Germany. The royal couple - who celebrated their 11th wedding anniversary last week - looked very loved up as they were pictured sharing a laugh together as they attended an ...

Must Read

Este Haim’s music score wish

Este Haim wants to compose music for Paul Thomas Anderson’s movies. The pair are close after the filmmaker directed...

Listen: Charli xcx releases Wuthering Heights soundtrack album

Charli xcx has unveiled her brand‑new album Wuthering Heights, to coincide with the arrival of Emerald Fennell’s hotly anticipated new feature film...

Cruz Beckham drops latest song For Your Love

Cruz Beckham has dropped his brand‑new single For Your Love, the latest step in the rising artist’s fast‑building musical journey.