Saturday, February 21, 2026

Fundraiser launched for permanent Gary ‘Mani’ Mounfield’ tribute in Manchester

A fundraiser has been launched for a permanent mural in tribute to Gary 'Mani' Mounfield. The Stone Roses icon,...
Home Royal

Royal

Britain’s Prince Edward to attend Swedish Royal wedding

Britain's Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex, will attend the wedding of Prince Carl Philip of Sweden and Sofia Hellqvist. Edward, 51 - who is the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II - and his 50-year-old wife will be the only member...

Britain’s Prince William slams FIFA


Britain's Prince William has called for FIFA to "put the sport first'.
The 32-year-old royal - who is president of the Football Association - has spoken out against the organisation after seven officials were arrested by the FBI in Zurich and accused of bribery and money laundering over the 2010 South Africa World Cup and the Copa America in 2016.
The third-in-line to the throne called for sponsors to support reforms in the organisation similar to those made by the International Olympic Committee after it was accused of taking bribes to hold the Winter games in Salt Lake City in 2002.
He said as he visited Wembley stadium to watch his team Aston Villa take on Arsenal in the FA Cup final over the weekend: "There seems to be a huge disconnect between the sense of fair play that guides those playing and supporting the game, and the allegations of corruption that have long lingered around the management of the sport internationally.
"The events in Zurich this week represent Fifa's Salt Lake City moment, when the International Olympic Committee went through a similar period of serious allegations. Fifa, like the IOC, must now show that it can represent the interests of fair play and put the sport first.
"Those backing Fifa, such as sponsors and the regional confederations, must do their bit to press these reforms - we are doing football and its fans no favours if we do not.
"I have no doubt that when Fifa reforms, its mission to spread the benefits of the game to more people, especially those in developing countries, can only be enhanced."
The prince - who welcomed his second child, Princess Charlotte, with his wife the Duchess of Cambridge last month - also spoke out in support of the FA vice-chairman David Gill, who recently refused to take up a seat on FIFA's executive committee while current president Sepp Blatter remains part of the organisation.
William credited him for leading "by example" and said: "If we want credibly to influence the debate on reform in FIFA, we must continue to strive for excellence in our own organisation."

Princes support opposing teams for FA Cup Final


Britain's Prince Harry will be supporting the opposite soccer team to his brother in the FA Cup Final on Saturday (30.05.15).
The 30-year-old prince is a self-confessed Arsenal fan and is set to see his side take on Prince William's beloved Aston Villa team at Wembley.
Speaking about his soccer allegiances, Prince Harry previously said: "Most of the royal family are Arsenal fans."
The prince has watched Arsenal play at the Emirates and their former stadium, Highbury, while his grandmother - Queen Elizabeth - is another high-profile supporter of the North London club.
The extent of the Queen's support for Arsenal was revealed by the club's former midfielder Cesc Fabregas, who spoke to her about the sport while he was still with the Gunners.
The Spaniard - who now plays for Arsenal's cross-city rivals Chelsea - shared: "It seems the Queen follows football and she told us she was an Arsenal fan. She appeared to definitely know who I was and we exchanged a few special words."
Meanwhile, Prince William will be attending Saturday's game in his role as the President of the Football Association, a post he's held since May 2006.

Chelsy Davy ‘pursing career in music’


Chelsy Davy is reportedly pursuing a career in the music industry.
The 29-year-old beauty - who split from her jeweller boyfriend Charles Goode in January and was recently linked with her ex-boyfriend, Britain's Prince Harry - quit her £69,500-a-year job at City law firm Allen & Overy in 2014 to "pursue other interests", and she's subsequently turned her attention to the music industry.
Chelsy left England two weeks ago to join a group of professional DJs on tour, according to the Daily Express newspaper, which also claimed she stepped behind the decks at the Blue Marlin beach resort in Ibiza over the weekend.
Meanwhile, another of Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend's Cressida Bonas has received widespread praise for her performance in 'An Evening With Lucien Freud'.
The actress-and-model stars in the role of Laura in the play, which opened in London on Tuesday night (26.05.15) at the Leicester Square Theatre.
The play tells the story of a student's relationship with acclaimed painter Lucian Freud, with Cressida's performance earning particular praise from critics who've seen the 65-minute show.
The praise comes shortly before Cressida stars alongside Cara Delevingne and Alicia Vikander in the period drama 'Tulip Fever'.

Prince William: I’ll consult the ‘missus’ over Prince George


Britain's Prince William will consult his "missus" before deciding when Prince George attends his first soccer match.
The 32-year-old prince is preparing to watch his chosen club, Aston Villa, take on Arsenal at Wembley in this weekend's FA Cup Final, but has admitted he'll need permission from the Duchess of Cambridge before he takes his 22-month-old son to a game.
Asked when the young royal will attend a match, Prince William said: "I don't know, I'll have to pass that by the missus, see how I can get away with it!
"At the moment, being only 22 months, it's a little bit early."
Prince William also confessed he's "terrified" by the game this weekend, but said the team has a bright future with Tim Sherwood as manager.
He told the BBC's 'Match of the Day': "I think it's been an interesting season for Villa, the last two seasons have been quite hard work, being close to relegation
"The guys have battled through, they've done seriously well, and I'm really excited about Tim's leadership, he's doing a really great job with them."

Queen Elizabeth to visit the Duchy of Lancaster


Britain's Queen Elizabeth is to visit the Duchy of Lancaster today (29.05.15).
The 89-year-old monarch will travel to West London to visit the
unique portfolio of land, property and assets that is held in trust for the Sovereign and used to provide income for the royal family.
The official Twitter page of the British Monarchy explained: "Today The Queen, Duke of Lancaster, will visit the Duchy of Lancaster.
"Since 1399, the title Duke of Lancaster has been held by the reigning Monarch."
Earlier this week, the Queen travelled to Westminster, London to officially open a new session of Parliament.
The monarch has performed the task every year of her reign except 1959 and 1963, when she was pregnant, but the most-recent appearance was of particular importance as it marked the start of a new government, following the General Election held earlier this month.
She read out a speech that was written for her by the government during the historic ceremony, which sees representatives from both British political houses - the House of Commons and the House of Lords - come together.

Prince William wants his son to support Aston Villa


Britain's Prince William thinks it'd be "fantastic" if his son follows him in supporting Aston Villa.
The 32-year-old royal is set to watch his beloved soccer team take on Arsenal in the FA Cup Final on Saturday (05.30.15) and has revealed he'd love his 22-month-old son to attend "the odd match" with him in the future.
Asked whether he'll try to influence the team his son supports, Prince William explained: "The responsible thing would be to say, to let [George] make his own mind up, but I think I might be quite biased.
"I haven't quite worked out how to play that yet. Of course he can support whoever he wants, but if he supports Villa, it'd be fantastic. I'd love to go to the odd match with him in the future.
"It'll probably end up being that [Princess] Charlotte is the Villa fan and George will go and support someone else!"
Meanwhile, the prince - whose wife the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to their second child on May 2 - also revealed he became a fan of Villa while he was in school.
He told the BBC: "I was looking round for clubs to support and all my friends at school were either Manchester United fans or Chelsea fans.
"I didn't really want to follow the run-of-the-mill teams, and I wanted to have a team that was more middle of the table, that could give me the more emotional rollercoaster moments. To be honest, now looking back, that was a bad idea ... I could have had an easier time!"

Queen Elizabeth to mark anniversary of the Magna Carta

Britain's Queen Elizabeth is to visit Runnymede, South East England on June 15 to mark the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta. The 89-year-old monarch will be joined by her husband the Duke of Edinburgh and her grandson the Duke of Cambridge to reco...

Royals to be featured in Broadway show


Britain's Prince William, Prince Harry and the Duchess of Cambridge are to be portrayed in a Broadway production.
The fictionalised take on the Royal Family has been penned by playwright Mike Bartlett, whose show looks at the monarchy in the years after Prince Charles becomes King.
West End stars Oliver Chris, Richard Goulding and Lydia Wilson are set to join Tim Pigott-Smith in the play, according to EW.
News of the production comes shortly after it was revealed Prince Harry finally met his new niece, Princess Charlotte, last Friday (22.05.15), having been away on military training when the birth took place.
And, looking to the future, the prince revealed he'd be happy to see his niece and 22-month-old Prince George follow him into a career in the military.
He said: "I would definitely encourage [Prince] George, and Charlotte if she wants to, to have some sort of involvement in the Armed Forces, guaranteed.
"And I know that [the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge] would probably echo that as well, depending on the situation for them in those years to come.
"It's done no harm, just good, for me, and I know it's the same for William. It's hard to say anything else on that because, as a parent, it's your choice."

Must Read

Este Haim’s music score wish

Este Haim wants to compose music for Paul Thomas Anderson’s movies. The pair are close after the filmmaker directed...

Listen: Charli xcx releases Wuthering Heights soundtrack album

Charli xcx has unveiled her brand‑new album Wuthering Heights, to coincide with the arrival of Emerald Fennell’s hotly anticipated new feature film...

Cruz Beckham drops latest song For Your Love

Cruz Beckham has dropped his brand‑new single For Your Love, the latest step in the rising artist’s fast‑building musical journey.