Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Sam Smith doesn’t compare their career to other artists

Sam Smith no longer compares themself to other artists. The 34-year-old singer has previously been linked to George Michael,...

Latest Posts

The Beatles announce long-term partnership with UMG and Apple Corps

Universal Music Group (UMG) and Apple Corps have unveiled a new exclusive, long‑term global partnership that will expand how The Beatles’ brand...

Becky G says working with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco was ‘beautiful’ as she recalls stunt‑filled video shoot

Becky G has hailed her recent team‑up with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco as "beautiful". The married couple teamed...

FKA Twigs is victorious in first stage of trademark infringement trial

FKA Twigs has won the first stage of a trademark infringement trial over her stage name. The singer,...

Ritchie Blackmore thinks Deep Purple reunion could be ‘last time’ bandmates see each other

Ritchie Blackmore thinks his recent Deep Purple reunion could be the "last time" he sees his bandmates. The 81-year-old...

Tom Baker: I’d blow up the BBC


Tom Baker would blow up the BBC if had the chance.

The former ‘Doctor Who’ star has joked if he was presented with the opportunity to destroy the corporation that made him a star he thinks he would.

While being quizzed about one of his most famous scenes as the Time Lord in ‘Genesis of the Daleks’ where he has the option to cross two wires and destroy the alien race, he said: "I like that one very much, because of the big speech part and the line ‘do I have the right?’ If somebody gave me two wires now and said, ‘If you touch them together you could blow up the whole BBC,’ I think I might be tempted, yeah. But I’d only be tempted for a second – and then I’d do it!"

Tom also quipped that some of the BBC bosses he worked with during his tenure as the Doctor from 1974 to 1981 were more frightening than the monsters he encountered on the sci-fi show.

Speaking to promote the launch of the classic series of ‘Doctor Who’ on The Horror Channel, the 80-year-old actor jested: "The thing with the BBC is you’ve really got to be able to suspend your disbelief, I mean anything can happen at the BBC. The monsters on ‘Doctor Who’ were never so amazing as the monsters on the sixth floor as I remember them. There were some very improbable looking people there. Who would make signs and nudge you and things."

Tom made a surprise return to ‘Doctor Who’ for last year’s 50th anniversary special appearing opposite Eleventh Doctor Matt Smith and admits he would be open to returning the series again in the future.

He said: "I turned down ‘The Five Doctors’ (20th anniversary episode) because it wasn’t long since I’d left – I had left ‘Doctor Who’ because I think I’d run my course. I didn’t want to play 20 per cent of the part. I didn’t fancy being a feed for other Doctors – in fact, it filled me with horror.

"Now, of course, if someone asked me to do a scene with some other Doctors, I think, if they let me tamper with the script, it would probably be quite droll. I would think about that, yes."

The Horror Channel has completed a deal with BBC Worldwide to broadcast 30 classic ‘Doctor Who’ adventures and they kick off this Friday (18.04.14) with the very first story ‘An Unearthly Child’, starring William Hartnell as the Doctor.

This will be followed by a special ‘Who On Horror’ weekend marathon featuring a story of each of the first seven Doctors shown in chronological order.

Latest Posts

The Beatles announce long-term partnership with UMG and Apple Corps

Universal Music Group (UMG) and Apple Corps have unveiled a new exclusive, long‑term global partnership that will expand how The Beatles’ brand...

Becky G says working with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco was ‘beautiful’ as she recalls stunt‑filled video shoot

Becky G has hailed her recent team‑up with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco as "beautiful". The married couple teamed...

FKA Twigs is victorious in first stage of trademark infringement trial

FKA Twigs has won the first stage of a trademark infringement trial over her stage name. The singer,...

Ritchie Blackmore thinks Deep Purple reunion could be ‘last time’ bandmates see each other

Ritchie Blackmore thinks his recent Deep Purple reunion could be the "last time" he sees his bandmates. The 81-year-old...

Don't Miss

RAYE ‘working on a soundtrack’ for one of Michael B. Jordan’s movies amid romance rumours

RAYE and Michael B. Jordan are not thought to be romantically involved after the pair sent TikTok into meltdown last week after...

Ritchie Blackmore to reunite with Deep Purple onstage for the first time in 33 years

Ritchie Blackmore is set to step onstage with Deep Purple for the first time in more than three decades.

Jenna Ortega spills all on her scenes in Sabrina Carpenter’s violent Taste music video

Jenna Ortega's scenes in Sabrina Carpenter's Taste music video were largely improvised as she only found out about the role just days...

The Kooks’ next album is ‘darker and ‘more psychedelic’

The Kooks’ next album is "darker" and "more psychedelic". Frontman Luke Pritchard has confirmed that the follow‑up to 2025’s...

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson wants to explore music career

Dwayne Johnson is "exploring" the idea of a music career. The WWE legend turned Hollywood megastar has revealed the...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.