Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Katie Holmes to star in own reality show?


Katie Holmes is in talks to launch her own reality show.
The 'Don't Be Afraid of the Dark' star has reportedly been plotting to reinvent herself as America's next domestic goddess in the vein of fellow actress Gwyneth Paltrow and is considering showing her life on the small screen.
A source told Grazia magazine: "Katie admires how Gwyneth Paltrow has carved out a foodie career. She's hoping this might be a great new direction for her. A number of prominent US cable networks are interested in the show, which will see Katie learning to make different dishes, as well as concentrating on catering for children."
The report comes after Katie, 35, posted pictures of herself with her designer pal Zac Posen learning how to make fresh pasta at Mario Batali's New York cookery school, Eataly.
It is thought Katie was getting advice from the top chef about her new show, especially since she only started to experiment in the kitchen two years ago.
The actress - who has seven-year-old daughter Suri with her ex-husband Tom Cruise - recently closed her clothing line, Holmes & Yang, and so has the time to begin a new project.

Katy Perry filmed birth on phone


Katy Perry filmed her sister's birth on her mobile phone.
The 'Roar' hitmaker was by her older sibling Angela Hudson's side last week when she welcomed her little girl into the world, and although she helped deliver her niece 29-year-old pop star still managed to capture the moment on film.
Katy - real name Katherine Hudson - said: "My sister had a baby in her living room - very naturally, not one Advil. I was there kind of being an assistant doula and saw everything.
"We had dinner first, obviously before I saw it all. No, it was just there and it was an incredible experience.
"I was kind of like Martin Scorsese with my iPhone - I have the whole thing. It was like a water birth, the whole thing we're like 'The child is swimming through the water.' It's crazy."
After witnessing a live birth, Katy went on to hail mothers as "real rock stars".
The 'Dark Horse' singer - who recently split from boyfriend John Mayer after 18 months of dating and was previously married to Russell Brand - said: "It's insane, like birth and women giving birth - whenever I see moms walking down the street I'm like, 'Damn, you're a rock star, you're the real rock star - you did something incredible.' "
And Katy admitted her entire family are excited by the arrival of Angela's baby, especially her parents Keith and Mary Hudson.
Speaking on the Fifi & Dave Show on Australian radio station Fox FM, she said: "The baby girl is so alert and aware, and active and incredible. It's the first time in our family to have a little one so everyone's very excited."

Prince hates ‘strangers touching’ his hair


Prince hates "strangers touching" his hair.
The 'Purple Rain' hitmaker admits he gets really angry when people he's not familiar with reach forward and try and feel his afro hairstyle without asking permission first.
When asked what his pet peeve was during a Q&A session on 'The Arsenio Hall Show' last night (05.03.14), he said: "Strangers touching my hair!"
The 55-year-old singer then went on to explain that he gets annoyed when people barge into him at a busy event.
Arsenio asked him when the last time he got mad was, to which he replied: "I got a little bit [mad] at a party I just went to after the Oscars. Folks have a tendency to want to bump into you, and it's mostly dudes."
The Q&A session on the US talk show was part of a rare special appearance from Prince, who agreed to perform a number of songs with his all-female band 3RDEYEGIRL and sit down for an interview with the host-turned-comedian to discuss his plans for 2014.
Prince's appearance was announced on the show last week, with a lookalike of the star delivering an envelope containing the news, which Arsenio read out to the audience.

Jennie Garth suffered with anxiety from 19


Jennie Garth has suffered with severe anxiety since the age of 19.
The 41-year-old actress admits in her new tell-all memoir 'Deep Thoughts From a Hollywood Blonde' she regularly felt uneasy when carrying out simple tasks as a youngster and she used to shy away from people, so that they wouldn't talk to her.
In an extract obtained by E! News, she wrote: "I felt comfortable--almost comforted--by all of the workers buzzing around me during the day, but after hours, I'd find myself getting anxious when strangers approached me.
"And so simple tasks, like going to the grocery store, or the mall, or to get gas, became overwhelming exercises in having to be 'on' when my natural inclination was to shut down and not interact with anyone. I...began to suffer a level of anxiety that as, at times, nearly paralysing. When the panic attacks started to kick in, I became even more withdrawn."
Before long, the blonde beauty stopped doing "normal" things teenage girls did and would only leave her home when it was dark.
She explained: "[I] stopped going to the movies or clothes shopping or doing any of the other things normal young people do.
"I wouldn't say that I ever stepped over the line into full-blown agoraphobia, but I would say I definitely came close."

Sarah Jessica Parker never wears socks


Sarah Jessica Parker never wears socks.
The 48-year-old actress doesn't like to cover her feet with clothing, even in freezing temperatures, because she believes showing off her ankles will create the illusion that she's taller than she really is.
Speaking on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' on Wednesday night (05.03.14), she said: "I don't wear socks, I never wear socks even in the dead of winter.
"I'm so short that I try to preserve a little bit of skin to show there is more to me than meets the eye."
The blonde beauty then went on to dismiss rumours that there will be a third 'Sex and the City' movie - which she played loveable character Carrie Bradshaw in - any time soon.
She explained: "I've tried to make up some interesting answers every time I've been asked this question lately.
"The truth of the matter is there has been no real conversation about a third movie at all."
However, Sarah Jessica did tease that there is more of the story to be told, but doesn't know if it'll ever get turned into another flick.
She said: "I know there is a story, but whether or not the story is ever told remains really one of the great mysteries of all time."

Simon Cowell: ‘I was born to be a dad’


Simon Cowell believes he was "born to be a dad".
The 54-year-old star welcomed his first child Eric into the world with his girlfriend Lauren Silverman last month, and he insists he always knew he'd make a good father one day.
Speaking in his first television interview since the birth on February 14, he told 'Extra's Terri Seymour: "I was born to be a dad!"
The music mogul, who has two Yorkshire Terriers Squiddly and Diddly, was reduced to tears when he locked eyes on his son for the first time and he was surprised by the immediate love he had for him.
He explained: "I actually said to Lauren beforehand, 'What if I like the dogs more than him?' -- and she said, 'You're gonna be absolutely fine,' and then literally within seconds of him being born, I got it!"
The couple named their baby boy - who was born in New York City - after Simon's late father Eric and will soon take the tiny tot over to England to meet the 'X Factor' boss' mother Julie for the first time.
Speaking about his mum, Simon said: "I think she's told the whole village ... she's really excited. I look at him, Eric, and I think of my dad all the time, so it's a really good thing."
Meanwhile, Simon has already thought about having more children as he'd like little Eric to have a brother or a sister to play with.
He explained: "I wouldn't rule out [more children]! Well, I got Squiddly and Diddly, and I couldn't imagine Squiddly or just Diddly... I had a brother when I was younger, so I kind of think it's cool to have two or three... two."

Lamar Odom drug dealers involved in burglary?

Lamar Odom's drug dealers are suspected to be involved in the burglary on his and Khloe Kardashian's former marital home. The 34-year-old basketball star reportedly owed $55,000 to two major suppliers last year and, when he didn't pay up, the alleged ...

Mary-Kate Olsen rejected Olivier Sarkozy’s first proposal?


Mary-Kate Olsen reportedly rejected Olivier Sarkozy's first proposal.
The 27-year-old star has sparked rumours she's engaged to her beau after she was spotted wearing a ring last week, but a friend of the couple admits the French banker, 44, popped the question months ago and the blonde beauty turned him down at the time.
A source told Us Magazine: "He tried about a year ago, and she wasn't ready. She didn't need to be wined and dined. She wanted to make sure he would be good to her."
The couple - who first started dating in 2012 - are also reportedly "talking about trying to get pregnant".
However, the former child star won't have any problems adapting to motherhood as she is already close to Olivier's children Julien, 12, and Margot, 10, whom he has with his ex-wife Charlotte Bernard.
A source said previously: "Mary-Kate has made him a better father. She remembers all the kids' special events. She thinks he's a great dad."
Meanwhile, Mary-Kate's twin sister, Ashley, is also dating an older man, with it recently confirmed she is seeing 47-year-old 'Moneyball' director Bennett Miller.

Sean Kingston forgot to pay $8k bar bill?


Sean Kingston allegedly forgot to pay his bar tab last weekend.
The 24-year-old rapper was sought by police after he reportedly ran up a bill of $8,771 while partying with his friends at Euphoria nightclub in the Dominican Republic, and then left without paying.
However, the 'Eenie Meenie' hitmaker wasn't totally to blame as it is believed there was a miscommunication between him and the venue managers, who reportedly told him they would "take care of" the group, and he thought that meant they would get free drinks all night.
The police managed to track down Sean on Sunday (02.03.14), after the nightclub informed the authorities of the incident, and he was ordered to pay the bill before being allowed to leave the country.
Sean was reportedly "very apologetic" for the error and returned to the club immediately to pay the tab, according to TMZ.com.
Sean is yet to comment on the incident, but he took to his Twitter account on Monday (03.03.14) to express his gratitude for all the good things in his life and encouraged his fans to do the same.
He wrote: "Today be Thankful and think how RICH YOU ARE. your FAMILY is PRICELESS, Your Time Is GOLD And Your HEALTH IS WEALTH! #GiveThanks (sic)."

Must Read

Zayn Malik ‘buzzing’ fans still care for him after One Direction exit as he gears up for next album

Zayn Malik is “buzzing” people still care about him following his One Direction departure. The 33-year-old singer left bandmates...

Self Esteem talks anger, gaslighting and survival in the music industry

Self Esteem has spoken candidly about self‑worth, misogyny and the realities of surviving the music industry. Reflecting on her...

Robbie Williams joined on stage by viral superfan from Take That documentary in Wolverhampton

A Robbie Williams superfan who went viral after appearing in Netflix’s recent Take That documentary reunited with the singer on stage in...