Saturday, February 21, 2026

Big Sean recalls ‘heavy ups and downs’ after death of Nipsey Hussle

Big Sean had no choice but to step away from music amid "a very deep battle of depression" following the passing of...
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Jude Law gorged on cheeseburgers


Jude Law gorged on cheeseburgers for his role in Dom Hemingway.
The British actor plays the titular role of a safe cracker who is released from prison in the new movie, and felt he should have more bulk in order to portray him properly.
He explained to website Access Hollywood: "It just seemed clear that I needed to sort of look a little bit more excessive because he was someone who didn't eat healthily, probably had a bit more bulk, drank too much, smoked too much, so I certainly changed what I normally eat.
"[I had] Ice cream - couple of tubs of ice cream a day. Cheeseburgers were good. Lots of pasta, beer, milkshakes."
Losing the weight again after filming was also no big deal for the usually skinny star, as he got tired of eating all of the calorific treats.
He added: "I got kind of sick of it. It felt by the end like gorging. I don't really eat like that normally, so I just stopped."
Jude has taken more stage roles than parts in movies in recent years, which he says is because he likes the energy rush he gets from being in theatre.
He previously said: "Stage is just a different approach - like being on tour for a musician, as opposed to making an album. In the studio you have all these toys available to you, but when you're live, you have that adrenaline rush from knowing that at 7:30, you're on and you're off!"

Top Gun 2 ‘closer and closer’ to happening


'Top Gun 2' is "closer and closer" to happening according to Jerry Bruckheimer.
The legendary Hollywood producer is working on a sequel to the classic 1986 fighter pilot movie - which starred Tom Cruise - and is hopeful it will go into production soon, with the actor reprising his role as Maverick.
He told The Huffington Post: "We've been trying to get that movie made for 30 years, and I think we're getting closer and closer.
"Don [Simpson] and I tried to develop something, we didn't succeed. [Tom] Cruise took over, and he tried to develop something, and he didn't succeed. Now we're back at it."
Jerry added it was the director of the original movie, Tony Scott, who came up with the current storyline before he passed away in 2012.
He added: "The concept is, basically, are the pilots obsolete because of drones. Cruise is going to show them that they're not obsolete. They're here to stay.
"It's just getting to the starting place. Fortunately for Tom, he's very busy, so you have to find a slot he can fit into and get a budget that [studio] Paramount feels they can make the picture."
So far no director or estimated release date for the project has been set.

Lindsay Lohan references conquests


Lindsay Lohan made reference to her rumoured list of 36 sexual conquests on 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show'.
A list of the recovering actress' supposed famous sexual partners surfaced last week, and although she is yet to confirm if she actually wrote it or not, she made reference to it while discussing her pop career with the talk show host.
Reminiscing about how Lindsay had performed on Ellen's show to promote her singing career in 2004, she asked her: "I don't remember you actually ever singing. Did you sing longer than just on my show?"
Lindsay replied: "I didn't really do much promotion for it. I love music. Music is a huge part of my life just in general ... I was really nervous that day, I remember.
"That was a really emotional song. It was, like, about my dad... No. I'd just broken up with someone."
When pushed about who it was about, Lindsay coyly replied: "Apparently there's a list of many guys..."
Lindsay then admitted the track, titled 'Over', was about 'That 70s Show' star Wilmer Valderrama - whose name appears on the list of conquests - and who Lindsay had a relationship with from May until November 2004.
She added: "It was Wilmer actually. It was Wilmer Valderrama. I was really upset. Yeah, and that song I had written, like, the day after and we were still living together. I sang it in his house - tortured him just recording the song so loud in his house."
Lindsay's interview with Ellen will air on Monday (31.03.14).

Kim Kardashian to try for another baby in 2014?


Kim Kardashian is hoping to get pregnant again before the end of the year.
The reality TV star is set to marry Kanye West in France this spring and then they are rumoured to be trying for a brother or sister for nine-month-old North.
A source told Yahoo! Celebrity: "She wants to start trying by the end of the year - even though she hated being pregnant.
"She's so besotted with North that she says she's totally forgotten the awfulness of being pregnant and how much she struggled."
The 33-year-old - who has sisters Khloe and Kourtney, brother Rob and half sisters Kendall and Kylie - is said to be keen for her daughter to have a sibling close to her in age.
The insider added: "Kim has such a big family that she feels it's really important there isn't a huge age gap between North and her siblings.
"She's got her body back and loves being slim and voluptuous, but she's going to relish it for a few more months and then try for another child after the wedding, even on honeymoon.
"Kim says it'll be the most romantic thing ever and that's what they've been talking about a lot."
Kim and Kanye's wedding is set to be a star studded affair, with a guest list thought to include chat show legend Oprah Winfrey, TV host Ryan Seacrest - who produces Kim's reality show, 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' - actor Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett Smith, as well as close friends Beyonce and Jay Z.
The wedding will be filmed for 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians', although Beyonce reportedly doesn't want to feature on the programme.
The wedding will be Kanye's first and Kim's third marriage, after she tied the knot when she was 20 to music producer Damon Thomas for four years and later married basketball player Kris Humphries, in 2011, a union which lasted just 72 days.

Zac Efron’s friends ‘worried sick’ he is back on drugs


Zac Efron's friends are "worried sick" he has fallen off the wagon.
The 'High School Musical' actor ran into trouble in an area of downtown Los Angeles notorious for being awash with drug dealers and dangerous at night on Sunday (23.03.14), and pals claim they don't believe he had driven there in search of sushi - as he told police - and fear he is back on drugs.
Zac admitted last year he had undergone two spells in rehab, and although he didn't disclose what he was treated for, it has widely been rumoured he had problems with cocaine.
A source told TMZ.com: "Zac's a loner. He goes out rarely and the idea of him driving for miles to go to some sushi restaurant in downtown L.A. after midnight is preposterous."
Zac, 26, had been accompanied by a man he called his bodyguard during the incident, which he told police had taken place when he had run out of gas on his way to a restaurant. He claimed as they were sitting in their car and waiting for a tow truck, he threw a bottle out of the window and it smashed on the pavement near the alleged attackers. He said three men confronted them because they believed the bottle had been deliberately thrown at them. Two men attacked the bodyguard, then Zac got hit on the mouth when he tried to help.
However, sources say Zac's friend - who has requested to remain anonymous - isn't a bodyguard at all, but a convicted drug dealer who has been hanging around the star a lot recently.
Zac also suffered a broken jaw last year when he claimed to have slipped on a fountain in his house.

Christina Aguilera expecting a girl


Christina Aguilera is expecting a girl.
The 'Fighter' singer and her fiance, Matthew Rutler, are having a daughter according to JustJared.com, which will be their first child together.
The girl will be a sibling to Max, Christina's six-year-old son with ex-husband Jordan Bratman.
The singer is currently in Malaysia, where she performed for fans tonight (28.03.14), writing on twitter following the show: "Ain't no other fans... Thank you Malaysia for all the love & support! XoXtina (sic)"
Christina, 33, announced she was expecting in February, a week after Matthew had proposed and is said to be over the moon with the pregnancy, with one source saying: "It wasn't expected, but it also wasn't unwelcome. They are all very excited though! Christina loves being a mom."
Production assistant Matthew met the blonde beauty on the set of movie 'Burlesque' in 2010 while she was going through her divorce, and had been planning to propose long before Christina got pregnant, even starting to design her engagement ring more than a year ago.
He popped the question in the backyard of their new home in Los Angeles, which is still under construction, on Valentine's Day.
Christina was said to be completely "shocked" by Matthew's romantic sunset proposal, for which he wore a suit and filled a gazebo with candles and red roses, before taking her to celebrate with friends and family.

Matthew McConaughey’s hat fetches 13k


Matthew McConaughey's hat from 'Dallas Buyer's Club' has fetched $13,000 at auction.
The white cowboy hat worn by the hunky star for his Oscar winning performance as AIDS patient Ron Woodroof in the drama movie reached three times its starting bid price of $3,000 when it was sold by auction house Nate D. Sanders in Los Angeles.
The hat is a size 7 and 3/8 with a 4-inch brim and made in Texas. The headwear was also sold with a certificate of authenticity from Universal Pictures.
The hat is signed under the brim, where Matthew wrote in black marker pen: "Just Keep Living, Matthew McConaughey.''
Matthew's words are a reference to lines said by his character David Wooderson in 1993's 'Dazed and Confused', his first role, where he said: "Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N'."
Matthew and his wife, Camila, have also established a foundation called J.K. Livin, which is set up to benefit high school students.
Collecting his Oscar for 'Dallas Buyer's Club', Matthew thanked his family, including his mother, Mary, his late father, James, his wife, and their three children, Levi, five, Vida, four and Livingston, 14 months.
He also said: "I want to thank God, because he's the one I look up to, he's graced my life with opportunities which I know are not of my hand or any other human hand.
"He has shown me that it's a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates. In the words of the late [British actor] Charlie Laughton, who said, 'When you got God you got a friend and that friend is you.' "

Burger King offer to cater Kim Kardashian and Kanye West wedding


Burger King have offered to cater Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding.
The fast food chain have denied earlier claims the rapper was buying his fiancée 10 of their restaurant's branches across Europe as a wedding present, but have instead offered to rustle up some classic burgers and fries for guests at the showbiz couple's marriage reception.
A spokesperson for the company told NME.com: "Burger King Corp. is familiar with the recent news stories regarding Kanye West and Kim Kardashian.
"We are unaware of any purchase of Burger King restaurants made by either Mr. West or Ms. Kardashian, but we're available to cater the wedding!"
Kim, 33, and Kanye, 36 - who have nine-month-old daughter North together - are expected to tie a knot in a romantic ceremony in Paris this May in front of their family and friends.
The 'Bound 2' hitmaker was recently claimed to have decided to but his fiancee the restaurants to help Kim carve out a career as a businesswoman and step aside from her family's reality show, 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians'.
A source previously claimed: "As always, Kanye is thinking outside the box when it comes to gifts for Kim. She owns all the jewels anyone could ever want, so he is taking the practical route by investing in businesses for her instead.
"He knows the fast food industry is reliable and lucrative, plus BK is international so he thinks it's the perfect fit for Kim. Kanye wants to buy her 10 restaurants across the UK, Italy and France, making her a real international businesswoman."

Solange Knowles feels older


Solange Knowles feels "far older" than 27.
The singer thinks marrying Daniel Smith - the father of her nine-year-old son Julez - when she was just 17 and separating less than four years later gave her an "insane amount" of perspective and says her experiences have made her wiser.
She said: "In a lot of ways, emotionally and mentally, I feel far older than 27. Just going through a marriage and a divorce - which I essentially did by 21 - will give you an insane amount of perspective on life."
Despite their split, Solange still gets on well with her ex-husband.
She told America's Harper's Bazaar magazine: "We co-parent really well. I'm able to say, 'I need to finish this album, can you step up and take care of the boy?' "
The 'Losing You' singer released her first album when she was 16 years old, and despite her older sister Beyonce being a successful member of Destiny's Child, she insists her family were never keen on her following in her sibling's footsteps.
She said: "My parents constantly tried to talk me out of being an artist. They had gone through the whole journey with my sister and just wanted me to have a normal teenage life."
And Solange - who is in a relationship with video director Alan Ferguson - admits she doesn't want her son to be a performer.
She said: "It's certainly not what I have in mind for him, I'm constantly trying to push him to work at the U.N., or be a diplomat. I try to convince him by explaining that he wouldn't have to wait in lines at the airport, and that he can park anywhere."

Must Read

Oasis planning new songs for next tour

Oasis are set to debut new music on a 2027 tour. The band reunited for a string of sell-out...

Foo Fighters release new music

Foo Fighters have released new music on their website. However, out of 10 new pieces of music, only one...

Este Haim’s music score wish

Este Haim wants to compose music for Paul Thomas Anderson’s movies. The pair are close after the filmmaker directed...