Monday, May 18, 2026

Deep Purple drop blistering new single Arrogant Boy from new album

Deep Purple have dropped the brand‑new single, Arrogant Boy, the first track to be unveiled from their upcoming studio album SPLAT!.
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Miley Cyrus’ matchmaker dad


Miley Cyrus's dad wants to set her up on a date.
Billy Ray Cyrus is eager for his 21-year-old daughter - who split from fiancé Liam Hemsworth last August - to settle down with a "strong and supportive" guy and already has some "level-headed" older guys in mind.
A source told America's OK! magazine: "Billy Ray is convinced that a strong, supportive guy will help keep Miley grounded.
"Billy Ray is looking for someone successful who won't take advantage of Miley.
"He'd love to get her together with country singers like Kip Moore or Chris Young, who are warm and level-headed."
However, the 'Achy Breaky Heart' hitmaker may have acted too late as it has been claimed the 'Wrecking Ball' singer has been in a secret relationship with producer Mike WiLL Made It for the last nine months.
A source said recently: "Everybody in her circle knows they've been together this whole time."
Another insider said that the 25-year-old producer, who worked on Miley's latest album 'Bangerz,' has also formed a close bond with Miley's mother, Tish Cyrus, adding: "Tish says he's part of the family."
Miley, 21, is currently on a break from her 'Bangerz World Tour' and will kick off the North American leg on August 1, but she and Mike - real name Michael Williams - make sure to "talk and text all day, every day" when they're apart.

Brooklyn Beckham does work experience with Guy Ritchie


Brooklyn Beckham has been doing work experience with Guy Ritchie.
The 15-year-old son of David and Victoria Beckham has made the most of his family's connections after spending four days at the filmmaker's office in London.
According to The Sun on Sunday newspaper, Brooklyn was dropped off each morning by the retired soccer star, who drove him to Guy's house in a brand new Jaguar.
After arriving at the 'Snatch' director's Grade I listed home, he was then walked to the office, where he was spent five hours before being picked up by a member of the Beckham's housekeeping staff.
It is said Brooklyn dressed casually, carrying a backpack, but did have notepad in hand.
His work experience comes after recent reports he had found a job in a coffee shop.
He had been doing weekend shifts at his local cafe, where he was apparently paid £2.68 an hour.
The Beckham children - who also include Romeo, 12, Cruz, nine, and two-year-old Harper - are being raised well by their superstar parents, and UK chat show host Jonathan Ross has claimed he doesn't feel sorry for them because they're being brought up the right way.
He previously said: "No, I don't, because Victoria and David are such cool people and such good parents.
"I met them out years ago with their kids and you couldn't have met a more polite, sweet-natured bunch of children."

Robbie Williams is going to have a son?


Robbie Williams and his wife are going to have a son.
The 'Candy' hitmaker's partner Ayda Field is pregnant with their second child, and it is said the couple are now expecting to give daughter Theodora Rose, two, a brother.
A source told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: "Robbie is expecting a boy and is over the moon.
"They went for scans recently when they were in LA and once again got the doctor to put the sex of their baby in an envelope so they could take it away and open it later.
"They went out for dinner and opened it after dessert."
The singer has admitted in the past he wanted a baby boy, and it is said both he and Ayda are "thrilled" at the news.
The insider added: "Both Robbie and Ayda are thrilled. Robbie wasn't shy about telling the world he wanted a son and now they are expecting one."
Robbie first announce the happy news he and his wife were expecting their second child back in April.
Taking to Twitter, he wrote at the time: "Ayda and I are delighted to announce that Theodora Rose Williams is going to be a big sister. RW xxx"

Game of Thrones’ Sophie Turner dating The Vamps guitarist?


Sophie Turner is dating The Vamps guitarist James McVey.
The 'Game of Thrones' actress has reportedly started to get close to the musician, and while they're taking it slow in the early stages, it is said they "really like each other".
An insider told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: "It's still early days. She has just broken into the big time through 'Game of Thrones' and James and his band are constantly travelling to gigs.
"So they're taking it pretty slowly but they do really like each other."
The two stars started chatting on Twitter, before meeting up on a number of occasions, including meals out and a trip to the beach.
However, James' bandmates have recently admitted their touring lifestyle makes it difficult to date "a normal girl", meaning romances with other celebrities have a better chance of working out.
Singer Bradley Simpson previously said: "I think you see a lot of celebs dating other celebs, because both sides can deal with the nature of the job.
"If you're in a band and you're trying to date a normal girl at university, it will be harder because of the difference in lifestyle."

Susan Sarandon ‘down with cannabis’


Susan Sarandon is "down with cannabis".
The 'Tammy' actress says her number one secret for looking fabulous aged 67 is never smoking cigarettes, and she thinks tobacco is worse for people than narcotics.
She said: "Theses days there's a lot of women who don't look like you through 67 was going to look so I'm not so unusual. A lot of it is down to being happy and staying curious and keeping a sense of humour. But my main advice would be, first of all, don't smoke - or rather, don't smoke cigarettes.
"I'm down with cannabis but tobacco is the worst for the skin. And apart from that, just practice moderation because too much of anything takes its toll. Not too much sun, not too much alcohol, not too much food."
Susan claims alcohol isn't one of her vices, however, because it makes her feels sluggish and she prefers to get some fresh air and power walk when she's stressed out.
She told Britain's HELLO! magazine: "Alcohol doesn't really help me. I find the next morning I'm in worse shape than before. What I've had in my time is a lot of midnight walks down the West Side Highway of New York City."

‘Exhausted’ Gillian Anderson didn’t try hard with appearance


Gillian Anderson used to be too "exhausted" to make an effort with her appearance.
The 45-year-old actress admits she is embarrassed when she looks back on some of her sartorial choices at the height of her fame in 'The X Files' and even though she hated her look on the sci-fi show, she couldn't be bothered to change when she wasn't filming.
She said: "The odd thing is that even when I was put in those horrible pastel Lycra suits, there wasn't a single part of me that considered saying, 'Woah, wait one second.'
"Likewise with the hair, I was made to have red hair, styled in a particular way, but you'd have thought I might have done something with it off screen. Still, I didn't bother because I was so exhausted.
"So for nine years I went to work and was somebody else, without devoting any time or attention to the way I looked.
"Now, when I look back at images of myself in those horrible fashion decisions with my weight fluctuating all the time, I can't believe it."
Gillian admits she can see a lot of herself in Kristen Stewart, who is often criticised for her surly expressions.
She told Britain's Glamour magazine:" Do you know what's funny? Sometimes I'll see photographs of myself in the early days of 'The X Files' and I think my attitude to the whole thing was very similar to Kristen Stewart's.
"There's a very similar look in my eye, slightly defiant, slightly bored. All I ever got was, 'Smile! Smile!' when I didn't want to smile. And I really wish somebody at that time had told me, 'You know that it's OK to be who you really are.' "

Angelina Jolie’s 15k facials


Angelina Jolie spends £15,000 a year on 'raindrop' facials.
The 'Maleficent' actress visits Dr. David Colbert every month for a 'triad facial' laser treatment to help maintain her glowing complexion and youthful appearance.
The doctor - whose clients also include Naomi Watts and Jennifer Lawrence - said: "People call it a facial but it is actually a non-invasive laser treatment
"First we prep skin with microdermabrasion so the laser penetrates better. Then we use a laser, which feels like warm raindrops on the skin. After that. we do a lavender acid exfoliation, then apply gentle wave lights.
"The treatment takes about 35 minutes for the face or an hour for the whole body - we usually treat the arms and legs, the bits that will be on show.
"Most of our stars will have it before a big event - the Emmys or Oscars. People who are regularly in the media will come in monthly or every other month."
Dr. Colbert first worked with Angelina, 39, on 2009 movie 'Salt', where he helped created a special face cream for her.
He told Britain's Grazia magazine: "I've worked with her on several movies as a consultant where there has been prosthetic make-up. For 'Salt' we developed a skin cream that was really gentle, with shea nut butter.
"It's called Heal and Soothe, £120, and helps keep skin looking calm and dewy."

Shakira says World Cup changed her life


Shakira says the World Cup completely changed her life.
The 'She Wolf' singer - who is set to perform at the closing ceremony of the soccer tournament for the third time at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil tomorrow (13.07.14) - has an 18-month-old son, Milan, with Spanish player Gerard Pique and believes they never would have met if she hadn't signed up to sing the 2010 World Cup anthem 'Waka Waka (Time for Africa).'
The 37-year-old Colombian star said she "will never forget that I met the love of my life at the World Cup."
She added: "If it wasn't for the World Cup my son Milan would not be here."
Gerard, 27, was very upset when his team crashed out of the tournament earlier this month, but Shakira said: "I have a way of consoling him."
The singer will be joined at this year's closing ceremony by Carlos Santana and Wyclef Jean, who will sing the official anthem 'Dar Um Jeito' alongside Brazil's Alexandre Pires, and local superstar Ivete Sangalo, who will perform a medley of well-known Brazilian songs, while there will be a Samba performance by students from a local school.
It will mark Shakira's third consecutive performance, as she previously sang at the closing ceremonies in South Africa in 2010 and in Germany in 2006.

Tracy Morgan is now recovering at home


Tracy Morgan has been released from a rehabilitation facility.
The 45-year-old actor, who sustained serious injuries, including a broken femur, broken nose and broken ribs, when a Walmart truck crashed into the vehicle he was travelling in on the New Jersey Turnpike last month, will continue to receive medical care at home.
In a statement today (12.07.14), a spokesperson for the former '30 Rock' star said that he "has been released from the rehabilitation centre and will continue his recovery efforts at home with an aggressive outpatient program.
"He asked me to pass along his sincerest gratitude to everyone who has helped him get to this point."
The crash, which occurred on June 7, killed Tracy's comedy writer friend James McNair, who was travelling home from a gig with him and a group of friends.
Lawyers for the actor, his assistant Jeffrey Millea, his wife Krista Millea and comedian Ardie Fuqua filed a lawsuit against Wal-Mart on Friday (11.07.14), accusing the retail giant of negligence because its truck driver Kevin Roper had allegedly been "awake for more than 24 consecutive hours" when he caused the six-car pile up.
Tracy spent 10 days in a critical condition before being transferred to the rehab facility on June 20, but a source previously said he still "has a long way to go" before he fully recovers.
He is seeking compensatory and statutory damages, punitive damages, legal fees, as well as pre- and post judgment interest at a trial by jury.

Must Read

Red Hot Chili Peppers flog music catalogue to Warner in mega £240m deal

Red Hot Chili Peppers have struck one of the biggest rock deals of the year after offloading their full recorded music catalogue...

Duran Duran refuse to play Glastonbury unless they get a headline slot

Duran Duran have made it clear they won’t set foot on Worthy Farm unless they’re handed one of Glastonbury’s biggest slots.

Van Morrison announces five‑night London residency at the brand-new British Airways ARC venue

Van Morrison is set to make history this autumn as he becomes the first artist to stage a residency at the brand‑new...