Tuesday, February 17, 2026

‘I’m just scared of them!’ Lewis Capaldi reveals unusual phobia

Lewis Capaldi has a phobia of sea life. The 29-year-old has been battling his unusual and irrational fear of...
Home Royal

Royal

Prince Harry couldn’t stop texting Dave Grohl


Dave Grohl was inundated with text messages from Britain's Prince Harry.
The Foo Fighters rocker has revealed that he was bombarded with messages after Coldplay's Chris Martin passed on his number to the 30-year-old royal.
Dave - who performed alongside his band mates Taylor Hawkins, Chris Shiflett, Nate Mendel and Pat Smear at the Invictus Games closing concert on September 14, 2014 - explained: "That all came about because Chris from Coldplay texted me once and said, 'Hey, is it okay if I give Prince Harry your phone number?' and I said, 'Yeah, I guess'.
"So Prince Harry texted me and said, 'I want to talk to you about the Invictus Games and he said some of the lads really love the band and he would really love us to come and play at the Invictus Games.
"And he texted me almost every day to say, like, 'Are you gonna play?', 'Are you gonna play?', 'Are you gonna play?' So I called my manager [and said], 'We've got to confirm the date, man!'"
Dave then admitted that he wasn't sure how to greet His Royal Highness.
Talking to 'The One Show' on Wednesday (12.11.14), the 'Sonic Highways' rocker said: "We didn't know how to address him, the etiquette, and so when I met him it's like, 'Hey man! What's up, dude!' and then the next person in line was, 'Your Highness' and I didn't know what to do.
"But he was great, very cool. I think he might have called me 'dude'. I can't remember. He was very cool."

Prince Charles celebrates birthday with theatre trip


Britain's Prince Charles will celebrate his 66th birthday by visiting the Royal Shakespeare Company.
His Royal Highness will visit the theatre company in Stratford-Upon-Avon today (14.11.14) as part of his 66th birthday celebrations.
The eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles was born in Buckingham Palace at 9.14pm on November 14, 1948.
Prince Charles has been the President of the RSC since 1991, and during his visit he will meet with performers, musicians and staff before presenting them with the Long Service Award.
In June, the 66-year-old royal met with young actors and school children who are interested in the theatre.
The budding artists treated the future king to a suitably royal performance of The Bard's play, 'Henry IV Part One', as well as an reading of 'Richard III'.
In anticipation of his 66th birthday, Prince Charles guest-edited the November issue of Country Life magazine, continuing the trend from last year where he similarly guest edited the magazine to mark turning 65.
This year he urged the public to re-engage with their environment.
He wrote: "One of the things that strikes me most forcibly is the extent to which the majority of the population has lost any real connection with the land."

One Direction congratulate Duchess Catherine on pregnancy


One Direction have congratulated Britain's Duchess of Cambridge on her second pregnancy.
The 'Steal My Girl' hitmakers - made up of Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and Liam Payne - greeted the brunette beauty at the Royal Variety performance in London last night (13.11.14) and offered their kind words the mother to be.
Harry, 20, admitted he was surprised Duchess Catherine - who already has a 15-month-old son George, with her husband Prince William - "didn't look bumpy" at 16 weeks pregnant.
He is quoted by the Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: "I said congratulations on the bump. (Though) she didn't look bumpy."
While the group chatted with the couple about their upcoming tour plans, Louis, 22, feared he may have offended the duchess when he failed to follow the proper etiquette expected when addressing a member of the royal family.
He said: "I didn't say ma'am. I said - Hi. How are you? I'm Louis."
Liam feared his band mate may have made a lasting impression on the couple for the wrong reasons.
He said: "So he's off to a bad start."
The 21-year-old singer also confessed the meet and greet was one of the most nerve-wracking moments of his life.
He said: "It's the most nervous I think I've ever been in my life."
The band and the royal couple were joined at the event at the London Palladium by a host of other stars including singers Ellie Goulding, Ed Sheeran, Demi Lovato and music mogul Simon Cowell.

Duchess of Cambridge puts morning sickness behind her at SportAid


Britain's Duchess of Cambridge put her morning sickness behind her at the SportAid event.
The 32-year-old royal has struggled with acute morning sickness during her second pregnancy, however, Catherine appeared to be on the mend as she took part at the SportAid event in London yesterday (12.11.14).
When the Duchess - whose due date is thought to be in April - appeared at last year's event she took part in a vigorous game of volleyball, however, this time she decided to put her mental skills to the test.
Seeing the funny side, Her Royal Highness joked: "Finally, something I can do while I'm pregnant."
Taking part in four different challenges that test one's mental agility, the SportAid patron was told that the Formula 1 racing driver Jenson Button had passed the same tests just a few weeks earlier.
The Daily Express newspaper reported the Duchess as saying: "It makes you wonder whether he is a good driver because he is so sharp mentally or whether the years of driving have honed it.
"It's remarkable that people haven't really thought before of working the mind and body as one.
"This could be used in so many environments, even in an office.
"It is absolutely fascinating."
Catherine - who is already mother to her 16-month-old son Prince George - also spent time with the young athletes who are favourites for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
Speaking of the SportAid patron, one future golf champion Emma Allen said: "It's wonderful to have a figurehead like [Catherine] for me, especially as a girl."

Prince William jokes about putting bells on Prince George


Britain's Prince William has joked about putting Christmas bells on his son to keep track of him.
The 32-year-old royal was given an early Christmas present when he met with some schoolchildren on Wednesday (12.11.14) at a gala dinner at the Imperial War Museum to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the charity SkillForce.
After receiving a bag filled with the festive musical instrument from nine-year-old pupil Dylan Marten Hughes, Prince William made reference to his 16-month-son Prince George.
According to PEOPLE magazine, he joked: "We'll put these in [George's] pockets and then we'll know where he is in the house!"
Despite arriving at the event without his little boy or his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge - who is expecting their second child in April - the Duke of Cambridge had fun with the students at the gala.
Three different primary schools based in Watford, London had joined together to present the royal with their poppy project before chatting with the future king about their favourite sports.
To which Prince William replied: "You'll have to teach me dodgeball."

James Middleton wants to be a ‘cool’ uncle


James Middleton wants to be the "coolest" uncle to Britain's Prince George.
The 27-year-old businessman - who is brother to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, 32, - has admitted that he wants to be his nephew's best friend, although he doesn't know what to get the 16-month-old royal for Christmas.
Talking on ABC's 'Good Morning America' on Wednesday (12.11.14), James said: "I still see Prince George as my nephew and want to be the best uncle possible.
"Like any uncle I want to be the cool uncle, I want to be the fun uncle. What shall we get him for Christmas this year, how can we stand out?
"I think there's a long way to go to be a cool uncle. I'm trying to be as best as I can."
The entrepreneur - who was promoting his confectionery company Boomf - revealed that his sister is feeling better after suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum during her second pregnancy.
Referring to Catherine, who is reportedly due in April, James said: "She's better. It's not unknown she's suffering from acute morning sickness, fortunately I think she's on the mend."
He also shared his favourite moment from his sister's wedding to Prince William in 2011.
James shared: "The most wonderful thing about that wedding which will stay with me forever was that although billions were watching, it felt like a family wedding.
"My little treat for them was to give them a puppy and Lupo was their gift."

Prince William says remembrance is everyone’s responsibility


Britain's Prince William says remembering the war dead is not the "responsibility of one generation".
The 32-year-old royal attended a gala dinner at the Imperial War Museum in London last night (12.11.14) to mark the 10th anniversary of the charity SkillForce.
Speaking about Remembrance Sunday - which marked the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War - Prince William said: "[Remembrance] must never become the preserve of responsibility of one generation."
His Royal Highness also spoke about the art installation at the Tower of London, entitled 'Blood-Swept Lands and Seas of Red' which he visited in August, alongside his wife Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, and his brother Prince Harry.
Commemorating the 888,246 soldiers who died in WW1, hundreds of thousands of ceramic poppies surround the iconic London landmark.
According to the Daily Express newspaper, Prince William said: "I was privileged to be able to visit the poppy installation at the Tower of London in its early days.
"Even then, before it was as famous as it is now, the people observing the poppies came from every generation.
"The young there were just as moved as the old. Their grief and thanksgiving for the sacrifice of previous generations was just as real."

Prince William’s wedding cake on sale for $2,000


A slice of Britain's Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge's wedding cake is up for sale.
The famous fruit cake, which played a starring role in the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's royal wedding, could fetch up to $2,000 when it goes for auction at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills, California, alongside a blank invitation for the ceremony, written on Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth stationery.
The three-year-old slice from the ceremony - which took place on April 29 2014 - will be sold wrapped in white paper and presented in a decorative tin.
The auction will also feature five dresses which belonged to the late Princess of Wales, who passed away in August 1997.
According to the auction's website, the most expensive dress in the lot was designed by Zandra Rhodes.
The gorgeous ivory gown has been valued at between $80,000 and $100,000.
Also included are two dresses designed by Catherine Walker, one which was worn by Princess Diana in 1993, and a strapless gown design which is thought to be worth £60,000.
Fans of royal memorabilia can bid in person or online from December 5 from 10am (Pacific Time) until 2pm (PT) and on December 6 from 10am (PT) to 2pm (PT).

Prince Charles honours Kindertransport evacuees


Britain's Prince Charles visited Camden Town to honour Kindertransport.
The 65-year-old royal arrived at the Roundhouse in Camden Town, London on Sunday (09.11.14) to watch a very special concert of 'The Last Train To Tomorrow' which honours the rescue mission known as Kindertransport, which saved thousands of Jewish children from Germany before the start of the Second World War in 1939.
The live choral performance - composed by Carl Davis - was arranged by the Association of Jewish Refugees (AJR) to co-incide with the 76th anniversary of Kristallnatcht.
Michael Newman, a spokesman for the AJR, told the Camden New Journal: "Prince Charles wanted to come along as he has a great personal affection for the refugees who came on the Kindertransport. He was very happy to meet the Kinder, who are all quite elderly now.
"From the quick conversation I had with him, he thought it was a moving occasion."
Despite the serious tone of the evening, one guest decided to lighten the mood by giving Prince Charles a mini oven and a recipe book.
Last year, the royal marked the 75th anniversary of the Kindertransport with a reception at St. James' Palace alongside the evacuees who had been saved by the mission.

Must Read

Robbie Williams joined on stage by viral superfan from Take That documentary in Wolverhampton

A Robbie Williams superfan who went viral after appearing in Netflix’s recent Take That documentary reunited with the singer on stage in...

Chappell Roan cuts ties with talent agency after CEO’s past emails with Ghislaine Maxwell resurface

Chappell Roan has cut ties with her talent agency after its CEO, Casey Wasserman, faced renewed scrutiny over email correspondence he exchanged...

Paul Thomas Anderson and Jonny Greenwood demand removal of Phantom Thread score from Melania Trump doc

Paul Thomas Anderson and Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood have formally requested that music from their acclaimed film Phantom Thread be removed from the...