Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...
Home Royal

Royal

Buckingham Palace insider denies abdication rumour


A Buckingham Palace source has denied suggestions Britain's Queen Elizabeth is to announce her abdication on Christmas Day.
A leading bookmaker has suspended betting on the 88-year-old monarch announcing her intention to abdicate during her annual speech, but an insider has denied the claim.
A royal source explained to The Independent newspaper that the message is pre-recorded and the Queen has never used it to make specific announcements.
The insider also cited the words of the Queen when she was coronated, when she said that "whether long or short, her entire life would be in service of the nation".
Coral had earlier decided to close the market on the Queen abdicating after receiving a number of large bets, leading to speculation there had been a leak from within Buckingham Palace.
Nicola McGeady of Coral said: "As far as we are concerned there's no smoke without fire when bets like this come through all in succession, so we have decided to be safe rather than sorry and pull the plug on the market."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for the Queen has pointed out that it is the Palace's policy "not to comment on any bookmakers' work".

Bookmaker suspends betting on Queen abdicating


A leading bookmaker has suspended betting on Britain's Queen Elizabeth announcing her abdication on Christmas Day.
Following a flurry of gambles, Coral has decided to close the market on the 88-year-old monarch confirming she intends to step down from her position during her speech to the nation on Christmas Day.
Nicola McGeady of Coral said: "Throughout the year there has been major speculation about the Queen's future but today's gamble has really caught us by surprise.
"As far as we are concerned there's no smoke without fire when bets like this come through all in succession, so we have decided to be safe rather than sorry and pull the plug on the market."
Although the Queen has scaled down her long-haul travel in recent times, sources close to the monarch have always maintained that she would never abdicate her position.
On her 21st birthday, she said: "I declare before you all that my whole life whether it be long or short shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong."
The last British monarch to abdicate the thrown was Edward VIII, who did so in order to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
The contentious decision meant that his younger brother Albert became King George VI in 1936.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attend friend’s wedding

Britain's Duke and Duchess of Cambridge attended a friend's wedding after returning home from New York. The royal couple enjoyed a tour of the Big Apple earlier this month, which saw them take in an NBA basketball game and meet Jay Z and Beyonce. And...

Prince Albert hands out presents at nursery


Monaco's Prince Albert displayed his parenting skills during a trip to a day nursery on Tuesday (16.12.14).
The prince's wife, Princess Charlene, gave birth to twins on December 10 via caesarean section, and although his wife and newborn babies - a boy and a girl - have still to return home from hospital, Prince Albert has found time to fulfil his royal duties.
The 56-year-old royal handed out presents to the young children, including a car racing toy set to one little boy.
Later, Prince Albert handed out food parcels at the Monaco Red Cross.
Meanwhile, Princess Charlene has said that she hopes to return home from hospital with her new babies, Jacques Honoré Rainier and Gabriella Thérèse Marie, in time for Christmas.
New York plastic surgeon Dr. Jon Turk revealed recently that Albert had been working hard to childproof the royal couple's home ahead of their birth.
He explained: "The princess told me that he's been walking around their residence and their summer house, starting to childproof the houses.
"He's worried about the corners of tables. And she's saying they're not even born yet! He's also going to put air in all the balls for soccer and basketball. He's already getting ready and it's still years away before they can play with a ball."

Princess Charlene set to leave hospital


Monaco's Princess Charlene is expected to be discharged from hospital shortly.
The 36-year-old royal gave birth to twins on December 10 via caesarean section and has since been recovering at Princess Grace Hospital, which is named after her husband Prince Albert's late mother.
However, it is expected that the princess and her two children - daughter Gabriella Thérèse Marie and son Jacques Honoré Rainier - will soon return home, meaning the family will spend their first Christmas together.
Since the children were born, Prince Albert has rarely left the hospital.
He did, however, find time to attend an official ceremony to mark the signing of the birth certificates.
The ceremony was attended by around 20 guests, including his sister Princess Stephanie and her daughters Pauline and Camille.
Prince Albert also attended an AS Monaco football match over the weekend, where he was cheered by the crowd, while he handed out Christmas gifts to children at a day nursery earlier this week.
It's been confirmed by the palace that the couple will show off their babies from the balcony of the royal residence on January 7, as Albert's own parents Princess Grace and Prince Rainier did 56 years ago.

Princess Charlene thinks motherhood is ‘magical’


Monaco's Princess Charlene finds spending time with her twins to be "magical".
The babies arrived on December 10, two weeks ahead of schedule via caesarean section, and although the princess admits to feeling worn out at the moment, she is also thoroughly enjoying the experience of being a mother.
She shared: "I'm a little tired but we're all very well thank you ...They are growing every day, gaining weight."
The 36-year-old princess and her husband Prince Albert of Monaco welcomed a boy and a girl into their family, who they subsequently named Jacques Honoré Rainie and Gabriella Thérèse Marie.
And Charlene has admitted she was overjoyed the first time she heard the babies cry.
She told Paris Match magazine: "At first, I was happy to hear their first cries. I was obviously a bit overwhelmed with emotion. Every second with them is magical. I look forward to spending more time in their presence.
"Watching them grow is wonderful. It changes lives forever."
Charlene and her twins are all still in hospital following the birth and she is eager to spend their first Christmas together at home.
But, she joked: "It depends on the kids ... You see, they are the 'boss' now."

Duchess of Cambridge supports Scout Association

Britain's Duchess of Cambridge is supporting a campaign to encourage more adults to volunteer across the country. The 32-year-old royal, who is currently pregnant with her second child, is set to travel to Popular in east London today (16.12.14), wher...

Duchess of Cambridge takes son to Winter Wonderland


Britain's Duchess of Cambridge and her 16-month-old son Prince George visited Winter Wonderland in London on Friday (12.12.14).
The royals kept a low profile on their day out at the festive-themed park, which features a wide range of attractions and is among London's most popular destinations at this time of year.
An onlooker said that Prince George particularly enjoyed his time on the teacup ride, telling People magazine: "George was smiling and laughing as they went 'round and 'round together.
"He was really enjoying the ride with his mum. You could see it in his little face - he looked so happy."
The Duchess - who was known as Kate Middleton prior to her marriage to Prince William in 2011 - is said to have conducted herself very politely throughout the day.
A source observed: "Kate was so polite and normal looking. I don't think anyone even noticed that they were there."
Meanwhile, it's been suggested that the Duchess, who is currently carrying her second child, is avoiding some of Prince William's party-loving friends.
The 32-year-old royal has been absent from her husband's side on eight major occasions over the last 12 months, including four weddings and two holidays.

Prince William backs fight against homelessness


Britain's Prince William has voiced his support for a campaign that combats homelessness among ex-servicemen and women.
The 32-year-old royal, who served with the RAF for seven years, has backed the Christmas appeal for Homeless Veterans, admitting he is worried that the "courage, skills and talent" of many ex-servicemen and women are not being put to good use.
He said: "The men and women of the armed forces serve all of us with their lives when called upon by their country. They would give their life to protect us, and they expect little in return.
"The armed forces life is tough, it's unique, and it is also difficult sometimes to make the transition into civilian life afterwards. It troubles me deeply that our servicemen and women possess extraordinary courage, skills and talent, yet many find it difficult to gain meaningful employment in the civilian world and can fall on hard times.
"We can all do something small but meaningful to give these anonymous heroes a helping hand, give them hope and put them on the right road to recovery."
Meanwhile, Dr Hugh Milroy, the chief executive of Veterans Aid, thanked Prince William for his support.
He said: "We are blessed to have a Royal Family whose members have served with and supported our armed forces."

Must Read

Zayn Malik ‘buzzing’ fans still care for him after One Direction exit as he gears up for next album

Zayn Malik is “buzzing” people still care about him following his One Direction departure. The 33-year-old singer left bandmates...

Self Esteem talks anger, gaslighting and survival in the music industry

Self Esteem has spoken candidly about self‑worth, misogyny and the realities of surviving the music industry. Reflecting on her...

Robbie Williams joined on stage by viral superfan from Take That documentary in Wolverhampton

A Robbie Williams superfan who went viral after appearing in Netflix’s recent Take That documentary reunited with the singer on stage in...