Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...
Home Royal

Royal

Prince Charles handed responsibility for Sandringham estate


Britain's Prince Charles is being handed increasing responsibility over the Sandringham estate.
The move forms part of the "gentle succession" from his mother and will see the future King assume control of livestock, fruit farms and property, as well as a country park.
A source told the Mail on Sunday newspaper: "We understand Prince Philip has handed the management over to his son.
"Charles is now taking a very close interest in the estate and its running. He has excellent ideas and we are expecting to see different things happening. Estate workers say they expect to see more of the Prince in the coming months as he implements changes, such as more organic farming."
Although officials at Buckingham Palace have declined to comment on the story, it's been suggested that Prince Charles will also assume more of the Queen's day-to-day duties as he prepares himself to assume the thrown one day.
As part of this, Charles will go on more overseas visits, with the Queen looking to reduce her travel time.
Meanwhile, it's been confirmed that the Queen's annual address to the nation on Christmas Day was the most watched show on British TV, with an audience of 7.8 million people.

Countess of Wessex reveals her admiration of the Queen


Britain's Countess of Wessex has likened the Queen to a "stick of rock".
The Countess, who turns 50 in January, has revealed her admiration for her mother-in-law, the Queen, who she's come to see as an inspiration.
She reflected: "The Queen would never let anybody down, and that means that you feel the same way. Because there's that part of her which I'm sure is like the proverbial stick of rock ... the word 'service' just runs through her."
The Countess, who married Prince Edward in 1999, revealed she's particularly impressed by the can-do attitude of the Queen, who she says works tirelessly despite being 88 years old.
She told Harper's Bazaar UK: "It doesn't matter how tired you are - carry on.
"In the early days, I used to rush around as quickly as I could, but when you observe the Queen, she does things in such a measured way, and I hope I've learnt to try not to bounce into the room, but do things in a slightly more elegant way.
"The art of talking meaningfully is one that has to be learnt.
"It's hard to make people feel that the conversation you've had with them was worthwhile, but the Queen is very good at that - she makes everybody feel very special."

Experts laugh off Prince Harry claims


Royal experts have dismissed claims made in a new play about the father of Britain's Prince Harry.
In the play, titled 'Truth, Lies, Diana', it is suggested that Harry, now 30, is the child of Princess Diana and James Hewitt, not Prince Charles.
However, the claims have been laughed off by Penny Junor, who has just published a biography of Prince Harry.
She told The Mail on Sunday newspaper: "I've spoken to people around at the time and they all say that James Hewitt wasn't in the picture before 1986. Diana didn't hide Hewitt when the relationship began. She kept him in plain sight."
Meanwhile, Margaret Holder, a respected royal author, has claimed Hewitt is simply trying to raise his profile and that's why he's given his name to the controversial play, which will soon open in London's West End.
She said: "I think this will put him back in the spotlight and it tells producers of reality TV programmes, 'Hello, I'm here'.
"It's a nonsense but it's all a game."
The play, which opens at London's Charing Cross Theatre next month, concerns a journalist trying to uncover the truth about the death of the Princess in 1997.

New play suggests James Hewitt is Prince Harry’s father


A new play claims Britain's Prince Harry was fathered by James Hewitt.
The West End production, titled 'Truth, Lies, Diana', suggests that the 30-year-old prince was fathered by the former Household Cavalry officer and not Prince Charles.
Hewitt personally admitted his relationship with Princess Diana started 18 months prior to Harry's birth, according to writer Jon Conway, who also confirmed that Hewitt is happy for the revelation to be used in the play.
In one scene, Hewitt's character says: "Diana and I started our relationship more than a year before Harry was born.
"Now that doesn't prove that I am his father. It's just the inconvenient truth."
Conway spent two years interviewing Hewitt, 56, who he says made some "remarkable" admissions during their conversations.
The writer shared: "There is a startling revelation that James Hewitt makes and he has allowed me to make it in the play.
"This is the fact that his relationship with Diana started 18 months before Prince Harry was born."
The controversial play is based on a series of books by investigative journalist John Morgan, as well as interviews with Hewitt and Diana's former butler, Paul Burrell.

Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge wanted ‘overall education’ at university


Britain's Duchess of Cambridge didn't attend university just to study.
The duchess - who met her now-husband, Prince William, while at St Andrews University in Fife, east Scotland - revealed that she wanted an "education in life".
In an archive copy of the university's newspaper, The Saint, Catherine is quoted as saying she wanted "to get an overall education in all aspects of life".
Recently, the royal couple - who married on April 29, 2011 at London's Westminster Abbey - reportedly raised £1.3 million for the educational establishment where they both attended while visiting New York City.
The duke and duchess made an appearance at the 600th anniversary fundraiser on their first night in the city.
The dinner - which was held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - was attended by 450 guests, who paid between £1,600 and £6,400 for a ticket to the exclusive event.
The money raised will help to fund improved sports facilities at the Scottish university as well as allow more scholarships to be offered so students from all walks of life have the chance to attend the university.
The following day, the duchess toured a developmental centre in Harlem while the duke met President Barack Obama in Washington DC, where an eyewitness revealed that the prince shared a joke with the President about the birth of his 17-month-old son, Prince George.
William said: "I didn't work out whether it was a boy or a girl. The excitement of the event and everything else was just chaos, so you're suddenly like, 'Actually it's a boy in the end.' "
The President then joked: "You forgot to ask?"

Britain’s Princess Beatrice honoured by York theatre


Britain's Princess Beatrice has been honoured by a York theatre.
The Princess of York has had an auditorium seat named after her at the Theatre Royal in north-east England and is helping to raise awareness of the venue's Name A Seat campaign.
Seats at the theatre can be named for £300 each, with the money going towards the £4.1m refurbishment of the theatre.
Liz Wilson, the theatre's chief executive, told The Yorkshire Press: "We were delighted to have the opportunity to present Princess Beatrice with her own seat during her visit, and hope this will raise further awareness of our fundraising campaign.
"As part of the theatre's transformation, we are offering our audiences and friends the chance to personalise a part of the theatre by naming a seat in the newly decorated auditorium, and hope Princess Beatrice's involvement will inspire others to become part of the theatre's history."
The Princess' father - Prince Andrew, the Duke of York - and mother - the Duchess of York, née Sarah Ferguson - enjoyed a "royal shindig" with their 26-year-old daughter last weekend.
The family attended the Fox and Hounds pub in Englefield Green, Surrey, where they enjoyed a performance from a live band.
A source shared: "No one was expecting royalty to drop in but it was just an incredible night.
"Andrew and Fergie were singing along to the entertainment and they were dancing to the music. It was a real royal shindig."

Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II to honour James Corden


Britain's Queen Elizabeth II will award James Corden an OBE.
The 88-year-old royal was reportedly "delighted" to give the title of Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire to the 36-year-old comedian and television presenter in her New Year Honours list for his services to the entertainment and charity industries.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "James Corden is a huge young talent on many different fronts.
"His charitable work is also very impressive, making him a fantastic ambassador for the nation."
British actress, Joan Collins, 81 - who already has an OBE - is also expected to be made a dame.
The full list will be published on December 31.
Meanwhile, the Queen's festive celebrations are continuing after she recently attended a church service in Sandringham.
The monarch was seen arriving at St Mary Magdalene Church, near the royal family's Sandringham estate, by Range Rover.
Her husband, Prince Philip, 93, made the short journey from the property to the church on foot.
The chilly British weather meant neither the Queen - who dressed in a purple coat and hat - nor Prince Phillip stopped to greet the onlookers.

Princess Masako of Japan celebrates Emperor Akihito’s birthday


Princess Masako of Japan helped celebrated the Emperor's 81st birthday.
The Princess - who recently attended her first state banquet in over a decade - was on hand to honour her father-in-law, Emperor Akihito, on Tuesday (23.12.14) at the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.
Speaking at a news conference before the big day, the Emperor said: "I ardently hope that Japan will be able to go forward in the world as a stable, peaceful and sound nation, in mutual support not only with neighbouring countries but with as many of the world's countries as possible."
He also remembered the 3.1 million Japanese citizens who died in World War II, asking the public to keep those lost in mind.
The 81-year-old royal said: "To ensure that those people did not die in vain, I believe it is our duty as survivors, as well as our responsibility to future generations, to always continue to strive toward a better Japan."
The Emperor also expressed his concern for the elderly, especially in the winter season.
According to the Japan Times, he told reporters: "I feel that, with advancing age, I am more prone to tripping and falling myself, so I am always worried about elderly people removing snow from their roofs."

Queen Elizabeth II sends condolences to Glasgow


Britain's Queen Elizabeth II has sent her condolences to the people of Glasgow.
The 88-year-old monarch has sent a heartfelt message to the citizens of the Scottish city after six people were killed by an out-of-control bin lorry on Monday (22.12.14).
In the note - which was sent to Lord Provost Sadie Docherty - she said: "Prince Philip and I were saddened by the news of the tragic accident in Glasgow yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers go to the families of those who have lost loved ones and to those who have been injured."
The devastating incident took place at 14:30 when the council truck careered off Queen Street and crashed in George Square, injuring ten people including the vehicles driver, as well as causing the casualties.
The victims have now been named as Jack Sweeney, 68, his wife Lorraine, 69, and their 18-year-old granddaughter Erin McQuade, all from Dumbarton, along with Gillian Ewing, 52, from Edinburgh, Stephenie Tait, 29, and Jacqueline Morton, 51, both of Glasgow.
The royal and her husband, Prince Philip - who are spending the festive period at the Sandringham estate - also expressed their sadness about the disaster taking place so close to Christmas.
She added: "This sad event is made even more difficult as it comes at Christmas time. I send my condolences to all the people of Glasgow. Elizabeth R."

Must Read

Kid Rock denies lip syncing in alternative halftime show

Kid Rock has denied lip syncing for his alternative Super Bowl halftime show. The 55-year-old rap rock turned country...

Zayn Malik ‘buzzing’ fans still care for him after One Direction exit as he gears up for next album

Zayn Malik is “buzzing” people still care about him following his One Direction departure. The 33-year-old singer left bandmates...

Self Esteem talks anger, gaslighting and survival in the music industry

Self Esteem has spoken candidly about self‑worth, misogyny and the realities of surviving the music industry. Reflecting on her...