Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Cruz Beckham drops latest song For Your Love

Cruz Beckham has dropped his brand‑new single For Your Love, the latest step in the rising artist’s fast‑building musical journey.
Home Royal

Royal

Duchess of Cornwall’s brother’s death declared ‘accident’


The brother of Britain's Duchess of Cornwall died after damaging his "unusually thin skull".
Mark Shand passed away in New York in April 2014, and an inquest into his death has revealed he was twice the UK drink drive limit when he died, after falling and hitting his head following a night of partying.
The coroner, Mr Sheriff Payne said: "The post mortem showed there were no signs of a heart attack so sadly alcohol plays a prominent part of the outcome.
"It is also significant that he had a very thin skull in parts. What someone else with a normal skull might have survived he did not in this case."
The 62-year-old travel writer and conservationist is believed to have consumed a mix of five whiskies and a glass of champagne on the evening of his death, spending nine hours in a coma before he was pronounced dead.
The coroner in Dorset, south west England, went on to state the death of the 67-year-old's younger brother was a result of intra-cranial haemorrhage following the fall, which was entirely accidental.
He said: "I therefore record a verdict that Mark Roland Shand's death was an accident.
The tragic incident followed a Sotheby's auction in the city hosted by the Duchess' brother in aid of his charity The Elephant Trust, which raised nearly £1 million.
Alexandra Bowes-Lyon, 29, who works for the trust recalled the "sudden" incident, saying the fall happened when he exited the Rose Bar at the Gramercy Park Hotel to have a cigarette.
She said: "Mark suggested we went outside for a cigarette. We were standing outside just talking. I don't smoke but Mark was having a cigarette.
"He stumbled back and fell straight back. He took one step but then he fell straight down rather than stumbled."
"He had seemed just like normal Mark up until then - it was very sudden."
The coroner added: "It was an entirely unexpected event at the end of what was a very successful and enjoyable evening for his charity."

Duchess of Cambridge enjoys retail therapy


Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, went on a shopping trip in London on Monday (12.01.15).
The wife of Prince William - who celebrated her birthday last Friday (09.01.15) - was spotted enjoying some retail therapy in Chelsea earlier this week where she spent an hour in the department store, John Lewis.
An eyewitness said: "They shopped for at least an hour."
Despite the young royal being several months pregnant with the couple's second child, she insisted on carrying the three bags of items which she purchased and was accompanied around the store by two body guards.
The source told E! News: "She was with two security guards but Kate carried all of her own bags and they did not look light."
The Duchess - who has 17-month-old son Prince George - decided to conceal her growing baby bump in a bone-white pea coat for the trip, along with black tights and smart knee-high boots.
The 33-year-old Duchess - who is expected to give birth in the spring - also wore her brunette hair in a ponytail for the shopping outing and ensured she was protected against the plummeting winter temperatures with an evergreen scarf.

Britain’s Prince Andrew accused of foot fetish


Britain's Prince Andrew complimented his alleged sex victim on her feet, her diary claims.
A 24-page journal revealing the details of an alleged affair the Duke of York had with a 17-year-old woman has surfaced, in which she says he licked her toes and enjoyed foreplay in a bath.
In the diary - written in 2009, eight years after the alleged incident - Virginia Roberts claims to have been taken out to private members club Tramp in central London and fed alcohol by the Duke and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell, before being brought back to Ghislaine's apartment.
She wrote: "I was doing my best trying to put on a good show for him by slowly undressing and started to pour a bath.
"The room quickly filled with steam as I turned to Andrew and began to kiss his neck and undress him.
"He was caressing every part of my naked body and filling my head with endless compliments about my figure."
After getting into the bath, Virginia, now 29, claims they, "continued with back and forth foreplay, touching, kissing, and him even licking my toes," before he whispered, "I love your feet. They are so ­irresistible."
The woman - who now has three children - said she "went with it," but that his character changed after the incident.
She added: "The entire affair was short-lived, ­afterwards he was not the same attentive guy I had known for the last few hours. [He] quickly got dressed, said his goodbyes and slipped out of my bedroom."
The 54-year-old royal strongly denies the accusations, with Buckingham Palace stating they are untrue.
A spokesman said: "It is emphatically denied that HRH Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts.
"The allegations made are false and without any foundation."

Sarah, Duchess of York, defends Prince Andrew


Sarah, Duchess of York, says Britain's Prince Andrew is a "humongously good man".
The 55-year-old ex-wife of the Duke of York has rubbished allegations made against him concerning sex with an underage woman, saying she "won't stand by" and "not support him so publicly".
She said: "The great news is that Andrew and I and the girls are the best family unit there ever is and I know him extremely, extremely well. Buckingham Palace put out a denial two weeks ago or a week ago and we stand by that denial."
The mother of Princesses Beatrice, 26, and Eugenie, 24, also revealed she was shocked such allegations had been said about the royal, and would continue to support him because she knows what it feels like to have "salacious lies" spread about you.
She continued: "Secondly, and more importantly, I won't stand by - because I know what it feels like to have salacious lies made up about you - and not support him so publicly because they are just shockingly accusatory allegations which I don't think is right, it's defamation of character.
"As a great father and a humongously good man and all the works he does for Britain, I won't stand by and let him have his character defamed to this level."
Appearing on US television station NBC, the Duchess - formerly known as Sarah Ferguson - said she would continue to defend her "best friend" until the allegations have gone away.
She added: "I'll have not one word said about him on any level."

Pub receives Prince Charles’ gas bill


Two pub owners have been left confused after receiving a gas bill addressed to Britain's Prince Charles.
Karen Rand and Terry Gaskin - who run the Prince of Wales pub in Broxted, south east England - were left perplexed when the letter arrived from British Gas addressed to "HRH The Prince of Wales" stating he had been referred to debt collection company PRA over an unpaid gas bill totalling £1,773.30.
Terry said: "It was a bit of a shock - obviously there has been some sort of mix-up."
Further mystery surrounds the incident as the drinking establishment is not even on the gas mains and does not have an account with the company.
The 57-year-old landlord explained: "I've got no account with British Gas and I haven't contacted them, so I don't know whether we'll hear from them again.
"I've no idea whether Prince Charles has been paying his gas bill or not."
A spokesperson for the company has now commented on the incident stating neither the pub or the 66-year-old prince - who is second in the line of succession - were supposed to have received the letter.
They said: "His Royal Highness can rest assured that he was not the intended recipient of this letter."
The company are now investigating how the error occurred in a bid to resolve the case.
The representative told the BBC: "We're looking into how the error occurred so that it can be resolved.
"We've also tried to contact Mr Gaskin today in order to explain the situation and put his mind at rest."

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie ‘humiliated’ by Prince Andrew scandal


Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie are feeling "hurt and humiliated" over Prince Andrew's sex scandal.
The Duke of York is alleged to have had intercourse with an under-age woman, Virginia Roberts, and his daughters are feeling embarrassed and ashamed about the accusations, despite Buckingham Palace insisting they are "categorically untrue".
A source said: "It's really the worst thing imaginable for them. They just want to hide away and not see anybody."
Eugenie, 24, is believed to be taking the allegations particularly badly, telling pals she feels like the whole situation is a nightmare.
The source continued: "Eugenie said she woke up the other day and hoped it was all a bad dream."
While the 54-year-old royal's daughters feel upset over the claims, the Duke's former wife, Sarah, Duchess of York, is thought to be standing by her ex-husband and friend, with whom she recently purchased a multi-million pound chalet in the exclusive Verbier resort in Switzerland.
The insider said: "She'll defend Andy until the day she dies."
Although she has come out in support of the Prince, the Duchess is reportedly furious he became involved with American investment banker Jeffrey Epstein in the first place, as he is who is believed to have "loaned" the woman to him.
Speaking to Woman's Day magazine, the insider added: "She's still angry with him for putting himself in these bad positions, and for the pain it's caused Bea and Eugenie."

Prince Harry’s ex-girlfriend hired by Mulberry


Prince Harry's ex-girlfriend has been hired by Mulberry.
Cressida Bonas has been recruited by the fashion firm to front their latest collection, but a representative from the firm slammed suggestions she has been taken on because of her royal connections, explaining it was her dance ability which drew them to the blonde beauty.
The spokesperson said: "Mulberry saw Cressida's final dance video from studying at Leeds University and were charmed by her and her movement which inspired the concept."
The dance graduate - who is the daughter of model Lady Mary Gaye Curzon - has filmed a 30-second advert for the company's spring and summer collection opposite 'Pride' actor Freddie Fox, which she says is themed around "having fun".
Speaking to Yahoo Style, she gushed: "I think it was just about being free and happy, and having fun. It was more about a dance that was improvised, and not all about the steps."
The 25-year-old model split with the young royal in April last year in a bid to pursue a career as an actress, and although she only has one small role lined up in 17th century romance 'Tulip Fever', producer Harvey Weinstein is sure she has a bright future ahead of her, explaining her success has nothing to do with the "media profile" she built from dating the Prince.
He said: "It will be the first of many roles for her.
"She is not taking advantage of any media profile."

Prince Andrew urged to skip event by MPs


Britain's Prince Andrew has been urged to skip official engagements by MPs.
The Duke of York has become embroiled in controversy recently after a woman claimed she was forced to have intercourse with him when she was underage, and British MPs have now called for him not to attend a UK reception at the World Economic Forum due to the allegations.
The event for British exporters is due to take place in Davos, Switzerland, next week, but critics say it should focus on the hard work of UK firms, and not that of the Duke's private life.
Three Labour members of a House of Commons business committee are reported to be concerned the prince could prove to be a distraction at the event, while Liberal Democrat MP Norman Baker called for the 54-year-old royal to "keep a low profile".
He said: "I think it would be helpful if he wasn't going because of the furore which is surrounding him at the present time, which may well be very unfair."
The allegations - which Buckingham Palace has denounced as "categorically untrue" and lacking "any foundation" - have shocked the MP, who said greater royal transparency is needed, and suggested the father of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie could provide a negative representation of Britain.
He told the BBC: "I don't know and nobody does know [if they are true]. But I certainly think when we represent our country abroad, whoever we are, we have to bear in mind how that will be received at any particular point."

Rankin: Queen Elizabeth II is ‘really funny’


Rankin thinks Britain's Queen Elizabeth II is "really funny".
The acclaimed British photographer - whose full name is John Rankin Waddell - worked on a portrait of the monarch as part of her 2002 Golden Jubilee celebrations, and has described how pleased he was when meeting her because she acted so normally.
He recalled: "I watched her walk down this long corridor at Buckingham Palace with a guy who must have been at least 6ft. She's tiny, and she was looking up at him, smiling and chatting, and I thought, 'You're exactly what I want you to be. You're a real person.'"
The 48-year-old artist also revealed how he acted like comedy spy Austin Powers in a bid to make the 88-year-old royal laugh during the shoot to create the iconic image in which she grins at the camera.
He confessed: "I started saying 'Ma'am', like 'jam'. 'Ma'am, you have to smile, please' - I was like Austin Powers. And she just laughed at me. She was really funny, making a lot of jokes - very dry. Photography is all about collaboration - and she gave it to me."
Following the unveiling of the photograph, Rankin admits she gave her approval of the image but didn't mention her own face; a move he thought was "classy".
He told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper: "She wrote back to me having seen the shot, saying, 'I love the stitching on the flag'. That's the Queen's way of not having an opinion. That's classy. It's like saying, 'I like the photograph, I'm just not commenting on myself.'"

Must Read

The Pogues drummer Andrew Ranken dead at 72

The Pogues have announced the death of their longtime drummer, Andrew Ranken. The 72-year-old musician, who played drums, percussion,...

MUNA unveil fourth album Dancing On The Wall

MUNA have confirmed details of their highly anticipated fourth album, Dancing On The Wall, set for release on May 8.

Noah Kahan announces Netflix documentary, Out Of Body

Noah Kahan has teamed up with Netflix on the documentary Out Of Body. After recently announcing his fourth studio...