Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...
Home Royal

Royal

Prince Harry to undertake charity trek


Britain's Prince Harry is to undertake a 1,000-mile charity walk.
The 30-year-old royal has been approached by Walking With the Wounded - which raises funds to help retrain injured service personnel - to join a group of injured soldiers on a trek through dozens of British towns.
Charity spokesperson Ed Parker said: "Prince Harry has of course been invited to join the walk."
"It's still early days but we are currently finalising the route and the team. We have a number of leg amputees on the list and we are very much hoping that the medics will give them the go-ahead to do the walk."
Though a royal spokesperson said it is "too early" to confirm Harry's participation, insiders say the prince is excited about the trek, which will start in Scotland at the end of the summer and finish at Twickenham Stadium in West London on October 31 to coincide with the final of the Rugby World Cup.
The source told the Mail on Sunday newspaper: "Harry is very excited about this expedition and it being in the UK. He's planning to take part and he's used all his connections to make it happen so that the Walking With The Wounded team end the trek at Twickenham on the day of the final."
Harry has previously trekked the North and South Poles to raise money for the charity.

Prince Charles upset with Prince Andrew?


Britain's Prince Charles has reportedly "cut off" his younger brother Prince Andrew.
The 66-year-old heir-to-the-throne has always had a strained relationship with his 55-year-old sibling but relations between them are said to have reached an all-time low since Andrew was named in US court papers by Virginia Roberts, who claims she was made to have had sex with the prince by shamed billionaire Jeffrey Epstein when she was just 17.
An insider said: "The froideur is worse than ever. Charles considers the whole sex scandal degrading, damaging and very embarrassing.
"He thinks that his brother has made some very bad decisions but he has said nothing to Andrew, he simply hasn't communicated with him at all. There's been a very icy silence."
While Charles' spokesperson insists the brothers haven't fallen out, insiders insist the prince won't even have his sibling's name mentioned in his presence and no one can see an end to the feud.
One source told the Mail on Sunday newspaper: "I was told never to mention Andrew's name in the Prince of Wales's company."
Another added: "This is no brotherly spat. It is a seismic shift downhill in Charles's relationship with his errant brother which seems terminal.
"Charles considers the whole sex scandal degrading, damaging and very embarrassing
"Andrew is having to live with the harsh reality that Charles has cut him off and left him out in the cold."
While Buckingham Palace have denied the sex scandal and Queen Elizabeth, Prince Edward and his wife Countess Sophie have all recently appeared in public with Andrew, Charles has refused to get involved.
The source said: "He does not want to become involved in any way. He is very angry that his brother has put the family in this very difficult and embarrassing situation."
And the elder prince is said to disapprove of his brother's relationship with ex-wife Sarah Ferguson.
The insider said:"Then there's the fact that Andrew is still living with his ex-wife and has just bought a very expensive ski chalet with her. Charles thinks Andrew is making a fool of himself where Sarah is concerned."

Prince William meets Chinese president


Britain's Prince William is "looking forward" to learning about soccer in China.
The 32-year-old prince - who supports British team Aston Villa - has undertook an historic meeting with President Xi Jinping in Beijing and the two men bonded over their love of sport.
Chatting through interpreters, William said: "I look forward to, as you say, strengthening UK/China relations and building things for the future.
"I also gather you're quite a football fan. I'm looking forward to learning about China's football."
The two men spoke in the Great Hall of the People - home to the Chinese Congress - where the president praised William's family for their "support" in relations between their two countries.
He said: "The British royal family holds great influence not just in the UK but across the world.
"Over the years the royal family has shown great interest in, and support for, Chinese/UK relations. And members of the royal family have done a lot and contributed positively to (the) changes and co-operation between our two countries in areas ranging from trade to environment protection ... and cultural exchanges."
The Chinese leader also encouraged William - whose wife Duchess Catherine has remained in the UK with their 20-month-old son Prince George as she is pregnant - to tell his family about his trip, then extended an open invitation to his grandmother Queen Elizabeth and other royals to visit the country.
He said: "I know this is your royal highness' first visit to China. In China we have two sayings; first, hearing about something is not as good as seeing it.
"And the second saying is hearing about something 100 times is not the same as seeing it once. So I very much welcome your royal highness and other members of the royal family to make a visit to China and see more parts of China."
William had brought with him a manu regia - an official invitation from the queen to the president to make a state visit to the UK later this year - and he handed over the invite to the Chinese leader.

Intruder stopped at Windsor Castle


A tourist was stopped by security close to Britain's Queen Elizabeth's private apartments in Windsor Castle.
Security has been stepped up at the royal residence after the Japanese intruder set off a major alert by entering an unlocked room in a restricted area and taking photographers.
Officers found the man in an area used by servants and staff beneath the State Apartments, close to the Grand Staircase leading to St George's Hall - where State banquets take place - and through to the private apartments where the monarch spends most weekends.
The tourist was detained and questioned by police after being stopped on February 12 - when the queen was not in residence - but was released when officers established he did not pose a security threat.
A Royal spokesman said: "While completing the public visitor route within Windsor Castle, a visitor was able to gain inadvertent access to an administrative area which is not routinely open to the public.
"He was subsequently identified by on-duty Royal Collection Trust wardens and police officers and detained.
"He was released after checks indicated that he posed no security risk. Her Majesty the Queen and other members of the Royal Family were not in residence."
A source told the Mail on Sunday the incident has led to higher scrutiny of castle visitors, with extra checks and measures now in place.
Royal residences are protected under the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005, and trespass is a criminal offence.
Visitors must remain within the public area and risk prosecution for straying into private areas.

Prince William wanted to be an astronaut when he was younger


Britain's Prince William wanted to be an astronaut when he was younger.
The 32-year-old royal has confessed that rather than dreaming of the day he's crowned king of England, he used to think about becoming an astronaut or a police officer when he was a little boy.
He shared: "When I was younger, I dreamt of being an astronaut.
"I've always wanted to say I'd be something like a fire breather but that's far too alternative. So sadly, just a policeman for me."
The Duke of Cambridge - who is currently on an eight-day tour of Japan and China without his wife, Duchess Catherine, and their 19-month-old son Prince George - went on to admit that while he has a huge respect for astronauts and takes "his hat off for those who do go up there", he doesn't think he'd be confident enough to embark on a trip to space.
He joked: "I don't think my Eurocopter will make it that far up. It seems like an awfully long way from the ground."
Meanwhile, it was revealed yesterday that William has passed his exams and will start work as an air ambulance pilot in the summer.

Dynamo wants Prince Charles to support him on tour


Dynamo wants Britain's Prince Charles to be his support act on tour.
The 32-year-old magician will embark on a string of UK tour dates later this year and is hoping to enlist the talents of the royal - who is married to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall - to warm up the crowd before he takes to the stage.
When asked if he would be open to the prince performing an opening act, he told BANG Showbiz: "Yeah, I'd want to vet what he was going to do first to make sure it's of the right calibre, but if he wants to be my support act we can talk."
The 66-year-old future monarch has displayed an interest in illusionism in the past and was inducted into The Magic Circle in 1975 after passing an audition, but Dynamo - whose real name is Steven Frayne - revealed the prince, whose charity funded the beginning of his magic career, always finds it funny when he makes a joke about his magic tricks.
He explained: "I've done magic on the royal family quite a bit and my business was started by the Prince's Trust. Prince Charles left me a couple of grand and then, boom.
"Whenever I see him, he always says to me, 'Hey Dynamo, how's tricks?' like it's the first time he's ever said it."

China bans ivory imports ahead of Prince William’s visit


China has banned ivory imports ahead of Britain's Prince William's visit.
The country has announced a one-year ban on the import of African ivory carvings ahead of the visit from the 32-year-old royal - who is a strong critic of the trade - next week.
China is to halt approval for imports until late February next year, the news agency Xinhua has revealed, citing the State Forestry Administration, who regulate the trade.
The Duke of Cambridge has been critical of China's consumption of ivory in the past while animal rights groups say the country's appetite for the material has caused a surge in poaching in Africa.
Xinhua said: "The move is to protect African elephants, and the one-year timeframe is designed to assess the effects."
Last year China crushed over six tonnes of confiscated ivory in its first public destruction of it stockpile, however, the country is still at the top of rankings of the world's biggest buyer of poached ivory, according to the World Wildlife Fund.
A Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) monitoring programme found that over 20,000 African elephants were killed for ivory in 2013, leaving behind an estimated population of 500,000.

Duke of Cambridge pays respect to British prisoners of war


Britain's Duke of Cambridge paid his respects to British prisoners of war killed in Japan at a Commonwealth War Graves cemetery outside of Tokyo.
Prince William laid a wreath at the burial site - which holds the graves of over 1,500 British and Commonwealth soldiers, sailors and airmen who died during the Second World War and the Allied occupation of Japan - during the first day of his tour of Japan.
The floral tribute placed on a stone cross at the Yokohoma War Cemetery featured a hand-written message, which reads: "May we never forget all those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. William."
Many of the men buried on the site were killed during Allied bombing raid on Tokyo towards the end of World War II while others were worked to their deaths in horrendous conditions in mines, factories and dockyards, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reports.
A brief ceremony preceded the laying of the wreath, during which the British Defence Attache Captain Charles Ashcroft said: "To understand the present we must acknowledge the past.
"If, as Churchill warned us, we open a quarrel between the past and the present, we will indeed find that we have lost the future."
The 32-year-old royal - who is currently on an eight day tour of Japan and China without his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, and their son Prince George - walked through the grounds looking at the graves before signing a visitors book which had been placed next to a framed picture of his late mother, Diana, Princess of Wales.

Prince William welcomed to Japan

Britain's Prince William was welcomed to Japan with a ceremonial shower of water. The 32-year-old royal touched down in the capital city of Tokyo yesterday (26.02.15) and was presented with a display put on by five boats who sprayed water in the colou...

Must Read

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...