Saturday, February 21, 2026

Big Sean recalls ‘heavy ups and downs’ after death of Nipsey Hussle

Big Sean had no choice but to step away from music amid "a very deep battle of depression" following the passing of...
Home Royal

Royal

Prince Charles launches foundation in Romania


Britain's Prince Charles has launched a foundation to protect rural traditions in Romania.
The 66-year-old royal - who arrived in the Eastern European country earlier this week - announced the setting up of the Prince Charles Romania Foundation yesterday (02.06.15) which aims to protect Romania's heritage and encourage sustainable development in rural areas.
Speaking at the launch close to his property in the village of Viscri, he said: "I love Romania. [The Foundation] is for training and education purposes and skills development."
The foundation is the second to be opened by the royal in Viscri after he launched the Mihai Eminescu Trust Foundation 15 years ago.
The trust's vice-chair Caroline Fernolend told Agerpres: "We are proud and very happy that Prince Charles chose Viscri and his property here as the home of his new foundation. Viscri is a community that functions very well and I believe that was the main reason for his choosing of the village as the home of this foundation. People from all over the country will come here to attend various restoration courses and to train for various jobs, but also students from abroad. The Mihai Eminescu Trust Foundation will remain independent and will have nothing to do with the new entity launched on Tuesday."
The heir apparent is a regular visitor to Romania and often keeps the nature of his trips private since visiting for the first time in 1998 when he described himself as "totally overwhelmed by its unique beauty and its extraordinarily rich heritage."
Charles - who owns a number of homes in Romania - was met by the country's President Klaus Iohannis in the capital Bucharest on Sunday (31.05.15) before making his way to his retreat in the rural village of Valea Zalanului.

Prince Charles visits Transylvania


Britain's Prince Charles has paid a visit to Transylvania.
The 66-year-old royal - who owns a number of properties in the region, which is situated in the north west of Romania - was met by the country's President Klaus Iohannis in the capital Bucharest over the weekend before making his way to his retreat in the rural village of Valea Zalanului, reports MailOnline.
The heir apparent is a regular visitor to the eastern european country and often keeps the nature of his trips private since visiting for the first time in 1998, when he described himself as "totally overwhelmed by its unique beauty and its extraordinarily rich heritage."
However, Romania's presidential press office has revealed the pair spent their time discussing the political situation in nearby Ukraine in addition to historical traditions that have continued to be observed in some rural parts of the country.
Charles previously said: "Ever since I first visited Romania in 1998, I have been doing my utmost to ensure a sustainable future for the Saxon villages of Transylvania and their people. Tourism clearly has a vital role to play in this."

Prince Carl Philip on ‘beautiful’ fiancee


Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has gushed over his "beautiful" wife to be Sofia Hellqvist.
The 36-year-old royal - who will tie the knot with Sofia, 30, on June 13 - opened up about how his life has changed since meeting the former reality TV star.
He told Swedish channel TV 4: "Above all, she's beautiful and has beautiful eyes. But she's also a fantastic person. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality. There are so many good things to say about her.
"I don't think I knew the magic of love before I met Sofia. But ever since I met her, I've seen how love can change a person."
The brunette beauty - who has been dating Carl Philip since 2009 - is equally thrilled to be tying the knot with the third-in-line to the throne and called their initial meeting "love at first sight".
She said: "The first thing I noticed about Carl Philip was that he seemed very humble. When I got to know him, I saw that he was incredibly natural, very intelligent and very humble.
"Carl Philip is definitely the right person for me. He's my best friend."
The pair are set to wed on Saturday 13 June in the palace's royal chapel in Stockholm. Following the nuptials Sofia will adopt the title HRH Princess Sofia, Duchess of Värmland.

Avicii to play at Sweden’s royal wedding


Avicii will perform at the Swedish royal wedding.
The Stockholm-born DJ has revealed he was asked by Prince Carl Philip to take to the stage after he ties the knot with brunette beauty Sofia Hellqvist on June 13.
The 'Levels' hitmaker told French radio station NRJ: "I met Carl Philip in Ibiza, where we got to hang out and talk for some time.
"He is so damn cool and a really good guy, actually. Humble."
Following their meeting on the Spanish party island, the 25-year-old star confessed he thought the 36-year-old royal had been joking about the performance until he found out Prince Carl Philip had visited his manager's office in the Swedish capital to go over details.
He added: "It will be really fun...it's an honour of course."
Swedish duo Icona Pop are also set to perform at the nuptials which will kick off on June 12 with a special dinner followed by a ceremony at Stockholm Palace's royal chapel the next day.

Prince Harry to watch Lady Gaga perform at charity gig


Prince Harry will watch Lady Gaga perform at a charity concert next week.
The 30-year-old royal is set to attend the gig at London's Royal Albert Hall on Monday (08.06.15) where the 'Pokerface' hitmaker will take to the stage with legendary singer Tony Bennet to perform songs from their Grammy Award-winning duet album 'Cheek to Cheek'.
The event is being held in aid of WellChild - a UK based charity of which Harry is a patron - which aims to provide support for ill children and their families.
The fourth-in-line to the throne will greet Gaga, 29 and Tony, 88, before they hit the stage as well as families of those who have received help from WellChild and the organisation's nurses.
WellChild's chief executive Colin Dyer is thrilled at the amount of support the charity have received from the stars.
He said in a statement: "WellChild is thrilled that Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett are supporting WellChild through this concert. The proceeds will be a massive boost to our work to support seriously ill children and their families across the UK."

Queen Elizabeth faces pay cut


Britain's Queen Elizabeth II could be facing a pay cut.
The 89-year-old monarch may see her income reduced after funding of the royal family increased by a third from £31 million in 2012-2013 to £40million this financial year.
The royal household's income is currently 15% of the profits of the Crown Estate, made up of property investments including Ascot racecourse and Regent Street in London.
These profits - which totalled £267 million last year - are then handed over to The Treasury, who return 15% to the Queen for her expenses and royal duties.
However, due to a clause in the Soveriegn Grant dictating that the amount given to Queen Elizabeth cannot fall below the previous year and the rapidly increasingly figures, trustees of the fund - which include Prime Minister David Cameron and Chancellor George Osbourne - have been prompted to call for a review.
A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said: "A review will take place after April 2016 to ensure that the grant provides the resources needed to support the Queen's official duties."

Princess William gifted a pair of pink wellies


Prince William has been gifted a tiny pair of pink wellies for Princess Charlotte.
The 32-year-old royal - who welcomed his daughter with his wife, the Duchess of Catherine on May 2 - looked thrilled to receive the gift as he took part in the second day of the Audi Polo Challenge at London's Coworth Park yesterday (31.05.15).
The Prince chuckled to himself as he opened the box containing the designer Hunter wellies before joking to the crowd about the gift.
He said: "My daughter will prefer those".
Despite being just under a month old, the baby Princess has already received a host of luxurious gifts from around the globe including embroidered clothing and a sizeable donation to a possum sanctuary in her name.
Isreali president Reuven Rivlin sent the princess a pretty pink dress embroidered with the words 'From Israel with love' along with a beaded brooch adorned with a heart-shaped charm.
Australia's Prime Minister gifted the newest member of the royal family a Tasmanian merino wool blanket, which was made in Tasmania's oldest weaving mill.
He also donated £5,200 to the Healesville Sanctuary, in Victoria, which works towards protecting the Mountain Pygmy-possum of which there are only 2,000 left in the wild.
He said: "I hope one day the princess can visit Australia and hold a Mountain Pygmy-possum herself."

Britain’s Prince William resumes air ambulance training

Britain's Prince William has resumed working as an air ambulance pilot. The 32-year-old royal - who welcomed his second child, Princess Charlotte, with his wife the Duchess of Cambridge on May 2 - has returned to his post with the East Anglian Air Amb...

Britain’s Prince Harry injured during charity polo match

Britain's Prince Harry was injured during a charity polo match. The 30-year-old royal was taking part in the second day of the glamorous Audi Polo Challenge in aid of Centre Point, Child Bereavement UK and WellChild at Coworth Park in London. The fo...

Must Read

Oasis planning new songs for next tour

Oasis are set to debut new music on a 2027 tour. The band reunited for a string of sell-out...

Foo Fighters release new music

Foo Fighters have released new music on their website. However, out of 10 new pieces of music, only one...

Este Haim’s music score wish

Este Haim wants to compose music for Paul Thomas Anderson’s movies. The pair are close after the filmmaker directed...