Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Sexyy Red warned by Michael Jackson’s estate about unauthorised sample of Beat It

Sexyy Red has been warned she could face legal action after using an unauthorised sample of Michael Jackson's classic Beat It.

Latest Posts

Fleur East reveals the one brutal reason she begged to be released from Simon Cowell record contract

Fleur East begged to be “let go” from Simon Cowell’s Syco label. The singer, 38, shot to fame after...

The massive career move Brandon Flowers is said to be making – alongside David Beckham

Brandon Flowers is reportedly stepping back into the spotlight for Pepsi – alongside David Beckham. In an apparent campaign described...

The Backstreet Boys have added new dates to their acclaimed Las Vegas Sphere residency

The Backstreet Boys have added six new dates to their Into the Millennium residency at Las Vegas Sphere, extending the run into...

Listen: Lana Del Rey releases new song White Feather Hawk Tail Deer Hunter

Lana Del Rey has released her latest single created with the help of her nearest and dearest. The 39-year-old...

MPs slam documentary axe


MPs have blasted the BBC’s decision to shelve a documentary about Britain’s Princess Diana.

The programme, entitled ‘Reinventing the Royals’, was reportedly pulled from the publicly-funded broadcaster’s new year schedule after lawyers who represent senior royals including Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, intervened, and government officials have warned a "dangerous precedent" has been set.

Jim Sheridan, a member of the Commons culture, media and sport committee, said the BBC had "questions to answer".

He added: "We cannot now have the Royal Family deciding what can and cannot be shown on our national broadcaster. That is a dangerous ­precedent to set.

"The BBC is a publicly-funded broadcaster and if this programme is in the public interest then it must be shown."

Labour MP Paul Flynn added: "The BBC should have held firm. We are not being treated like adults when it comes to the royals.

"The BBC has no right to censor the truth about what is one of the most sophisticated PR operations in the country – and one we are paying for."

The two-part documentary, which was due to air its first part on Sunday (04.01.15) on BBC Two, was reportedly set to claim that "spin" was used to boost Charles and the royal family’s public appeal following the death of the Princess of Wales in 1997, while looking at the tactics used by his former spin doctor Mark Bolland and the prince’s advisers are said to have been concerned they had no input into the programme, sparking the legal intervention.

Though the documentary has been postponed, Mr. Flynn warned the actions could backfire on Charles.

He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "All this will do is whet the public’s appetite. This will greatly increase the amount of interest and coverage this story will get."

A spokeswoman for Clarence House didn’t comment on whether or not lawyers had been in touch with the BBC, saying: "Scheduling is a matter for the broadcaster."

Latest Posts

Fleur East reveals the one brutal reason she begged to be released from Simon Cowell record contract

Fleur East begged to be “let go” from Simon Cowell’s Syco label. The singer, 38, shot to fame after...

The massive career move Brandon Flowers is said to be making – alongside David Beckham

Brandon Flowers is reportedly stepping back into the spotlight for Pepsi – alongside David Beckham. In an apparent campaign described...

The Backstreet Boys have added new dates to their acclaimed Las Vegas Sphere residency

The Backstreet Boys have added six new dates to their Into the Millennium residency at Las Vegas Sphere, extending the run into...

Listen: Lana Del Rey releases new song White Feather Hawk Tail Deer Hunter

Lana Del Rey has released her latest single created with the help of her nearest and dearest. The 39-year-old...

Don't Miss

Noah Kahan announces Netflix documentary, Out Of Body

Noah Kahan has teamed up with Netflix on the documentary Out Of Body. After recently announcing his fourth studio...

David Bowie immersive experience You’re Not Alone set to open at London’s Lightroom

A major new immersive experience honouring David Bowie is set to open at London's Lightroom, inviting fans to step directly into the...

Jack Harlow announces new album, Monica, inspired by move to New York

Jack Harlow has announced that his fourth studio album, Monica, will arrive on March 13. The project was shaped...

Kid Rock denies lip syncing in alternative halftime show

Kid Rock has denied lip syncing for his alternative Super Bowl halftime show. The 55-year-old rap rock turned country...

Zayn Malik ‘buzzing’ fans still care for him after One Direction exit as he gears up for next album

Zayn Malik is “buzzing” people still care about him following his One Direction departure. The 33-year-old singer left bandmates...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.