Sunday, August 23, 2026

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Martin Scorsese praises Robert De Niro and Al Pacino for ‘magical’ acting in The Irishman

Martin Scorsese has praised Robert De Niro and Al Pacino for their "magical" acting in ‘The Irishman’.
The 77-year-old filmmaker teamed up with longtime collaborator De Niro and iconic actor Pacino for the American epic crime movie, which was given a limited theatrical release earlier this month, and will be heading to Netflix on November 27.
After working with De Niro, 76, for several years, Scorsese listened to his pal when he recommended Pacino for the project, and has now said he couldn’t be happier with the decision.
Speaking at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood before a screening of his new movie, the iconic director said: "It’s all about trust, that’s all it is. They have to have some talent.
"I think what you see in the film is their relationship as actors, as friends over the past 44, 45 years. There’s something magical that happens there."
Scorsese also admitted that whilst De Niro kept insisting Pacino was great work with, the director himself had always considered him "unreachable" when they met briefly in 1970, before his mind was changed after he hired him for ‘The Irishman’.
Meanwhile, the filmmaker recently defended the decision to partner with streaming service Netflix for the release of the film, because he says they were the only platform brave enough to take a risk on his project.
He said: "There’s no doubt that seeing a movie with an audience is really important. There is a problem though: we have to make the film. We’ve run out of room, in a sense, there was no room for us to make this picture, for many reasons.
"Having the backing of a company that says you will have no interference, you can make the picture as you want – the trade-off being: it streams, with theatrical distribution prior to that. I figure, that’s a chance we take, on this particular project."

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Don't Miss

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.