Saturday, August 22, 2026

Zara Larsson says she’ll push for cheaper ticket tiers on her next tour after Bangkok prices spark backlash

Zara Larsson has suggested she will take action to try and get cheaper ticket prices for fans on her next tour after...

Latest Posts

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Ariana Grande slams Donald Trump for using her music in anti-trans TikTok post

Ariana Grande has warned US President Donald Trump not to use her music on TikTok. The world leader -...

Ticketmaster seizes Olivia Rodrigo tickets from scalpers and puts them back on sale at face value

Ticketmaster has moved to clean up the chaos around Olivia Rodrigo’s The Unraveled Tour, announcing that it has taken back tickets snapped...

J.J. Abrams went with his ‘gut’ on Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker script

J.J. Abrams went with his "gut" when it came to the script for ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’.
The 53-year-old filmmaker is at the helm of the final instalment of the ‘Star Wars’ franchise’s main series, and has said he and his co-writer Chris Terrio made decisions about the script that followed what they believed to be the "inevitable conclusion" to the saga.
Speaking at the European premiere of the movie in London on Wednesday (18.12.19), he said: "Chris Terrio and I, we began just asking ourselves what we wanted to see, what we thought was the inevitable conclusion of this nine chapter story. Asking about characters and themes and ideas, and knowing that going into it, whatever we did, we had to go with our gut. Because you have to just feel it through, and ask a million questions but go with your gut."
J.J. returned to direct the movie after previously working on seventh movie ‘The Force Awakens’ when original director Colin Trevorrow stepped down.
And whilst the ending to the franchise is "bittersweet" for the filmmaker, he’s happy he got to be a part of the series once more.
He added: "One of the things that was most exciting for me coming back was getting to work with these amazing actors and getting to have them all on the adventure together. It was one of the things I wanted to see as a movie goer.
"It definitely is bittersweet. I mean, selfishly, to not get to see these people again in this way, it is sad. But I was not supposed to be back at all so this is all gravy for me."
The director jumped at the chance to come back to the saga, and says the offer was "too good to pass up".
He said: "When Kathy Kennedy called and asked if I would come back, the feeling of opportunity – not just to help the story come to a close, but to work with all these people again – it was just too good to pass up."

Latest Posts

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Ariana Grande slams Donald Trump for using her music in anti-trans TikTok post

Ariana Grande has warned US President Donald Trump not to use her music on TikTok. The world leader -...

Ticketmaster seizes Olivia Rodrigo tickets from scalpers and puts them back on sale at face value

Ticketmaster has moved to clean up the chaos around Olivia Rodrigo’s The Unraveled Tour, announcing that it has taken back tickets snapped...

Don't Miss

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Phoebe Bridgers explains why Lost Weekend took ‘forever’ to make

Phoebe Bridgers' new album took "forever" to make. The 31-year-old singer has ended her years-long hiatus with the release...

Becky G’s new album ‘marries’ both sides of her personality

Becky G's new album reflects both sides of her personality. The 29-year-old singer has just released Baraja Bendita, her...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.