Tuesday, August 4, 2020

A stranger online encouraged Binky Felstead to find a partner

Binky Felstead was encouraged to find a new partner by a stranger on Instagram. The 'Made in Chelsea' star...

Latest Posts

Katy Perry speaks out in support of Ellen DeGeneres

Katy Perry has publicly defended Ellen DeGeneres in the wake of allegations made about behaviour backstage on her talk show.

Natalie Lowe wants to be guest Strictly Come Dancing judge

Natalie Lowe has called for a revolving panel of ex-professionals to replace Bruno Tonioli on 'Strictly Come Dancing'. The...

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge send Meghan birthday wish

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have wished Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, a happy birthday. Prince Harry's brother Prince...

Ariana Grande in bidding war for Sweetener World Tour film

Ariana Grande is reportedly at the centre of a bidding war for the rights to the concert footage of her 'Sweetener World...

Idris Elba says a Luther movie ‘will happen’

Idris Elba is determined to make a ‘Luther’ movie.

The London-born actor – who plays DCI John Luther in the crime-drama series – has confirmed he’s working towards turning the TV show into a feature-length film.

Idris, 47, told Digital Spy: "I’ve maintained that I’d like to see it come to a film. That’s what I think we’re headed towards, a film. I’m looking forward to making that happen.

"It is happening."

Rumours of a ‘Luther’ movie have been swirling for years, and Idris previously suggested he could take the drama overseas if he gets the green light to make a movie.

He explained: "’Luther’ has all the ingredients to echo those classic films of the 90s like ‘Seven’ and ‘Along Came A Spider’.

"I think what we’d like to attempt is use that as a blueprint to create it. It will be more murder, more Volvos, more frowning ‘Luther’.

"Essentially we just want to try and take it to a much bigger remit and scale and perhaps international as well."

Last month, meanwhile, a report suggested Idris has been offered £5 million to join Apple TV+.

The acclaimed actor was reportedly tempted with the eye-watering sum of money to make TV shows and films for Apple, which is desperate to fight off competition from Netflix.

A source said at the time: "Landing a heavyweight multi-talent like Idris who is not just an actor, but a producer, director and musician is a coup for Apple.

"He’s universally liked, extremely talented, versatile, and will bring in the viewers globally. For both parties it’s a win-win situation."

Latest Posts

Katy Perry speaks out in support of Ellen DeGeneres

Katy Perry has publicly defended Ellen DeGeneres in the wake of allegations made about behaviour backstage on her talk show.

Natalie Lowe wants to be guest Strictly Come Dancing judge

Natalie Lowe has called for a revolving panel of ex-professionals to replace Bruno Tonioli on 'Strictly Come Dancing'. The...

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge send Meghan birthday wish

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have wished Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, a happy birthday. Prince Harry's brother Prince...

Ariana Grande in bidding war for Sweetener World Tour film

Ariana Grande is reportedly at the centre of a bidding war for the rights to the concert footage of her 'Sweetener World...

Don't Miss

‘They’re very much together’: Khloe Kardashian back with Tristan Thompson

Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson are "very much together". The 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' star and the NBA...

Ashley Graham: Mommy-shaming is ‘out of control’

Ashley Graham believes "mommy-shaming" on social media is "out of control". The 32-year-old model is mother to seven-month-old son...

Jonathan Cheban robbed at gunpoint

Jonathan Cheban has allegedly been robbed at gunpoint. The 46-year-old reality star - who is known for being close...

Coco Austin’s dad is back home after coronavirus battle – but must rely on oxygen machine to breathe

Coco Austin's dad is still "bound to an oxygen machine" following his battle with coronavirus. The 41-year-old actress' father,...

Portia de Rossi breaks silence following Ellen Degeneres talk show controversy

Portia de Rossi has urged people to "stand by" her wife Ellen Degeneres amid the allegations surrounding her talk show.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.