‘Holby City’ will return to screens next month.
The BBC medical drama was pulled off air last month but viewers can look forward to the show’s return after an extended break due to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to schedules released on Wednesday (20.05.20), the programme will be back on the small screen from June 2nd and it will air weekly from that date.
In March, the BBC made the decision to suspend production on the show – as well as ‘Casualty’, ‘EastEnders’ and ‘Doctors’ – because of the ongoing health crisis, while ITV and Channel 4 took similar measures.
There is currently no details on when the two hospital serial dramas will resume filming, with ‘Holby City’ set to pick up where it left off when it returns this summer, which means the fallout from Zav Duval’s (Marcus Griffiths) death will be the focus.
‘Corrie’, ‘Emmerdale’ and ‘EastEnders’ are all set to resume filming next month.
Last month, ‘Holby’ donated a number of working ventilators to the NHS during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Announcing the news at the time, BBC Studios said: "Fully operational ventilators from the Holby City set arrived at the new Nightingale Hospital.
"@BBCCasualty & @BBCHolbyCity Exec Producer Simon Harper said: ‘We are only too happy to help out and do what we can for the courageous and selfless real life medics.’ "
The two shows also gifted PPE (personal protective equipment) to the NHS.
Bob Barrett – who plays Dr. Sasha Levy on ‘Holby’ – previously explained: "As soon as the virus started, they gave as much as they could.
"They’ve given PPE and equipment, anything they can and anything that’s useful and that’s helpful. Whatever we can do to help, it’s amazing what’s happening when you see how many people are helping and what people are doing to get us through this.
"We do our little bit to do as much as we can to support the NHS."