Emily Atack to pilot a sketch show

Emily Atack to pilot a sketch show

Emily Atack is set to pilot a new sketch show and stand-up comedy sequence for TV.
The 30-year-old actress will return to ITV after finishing second on ‘I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!’ in 2018, to pilot a brand-new comedy show, which producers say will be "playing to the two big loves of Emily’s life – acting and making people laugh", and it will see the star "performing stand-up, mixed with sketches, all reflecting on the relatable topic of nights out".
A TV insider told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre TV column: "This will be a source of pride, not only for her but for the whole family, as her famous mum was the star of ‘The Kate Robbins Show’ in the Eighties."
Emily is currently writing and filming the pilot show, which will be recorded in front of a live audience at London’s Clapham Grand next month.
The news comes after ‘The Inbetweeners’ star landed her first-ever stand-up gig last year with her nationwide tour of ‘Talk Thirty To Me’.
However, during her debut gig, she was locked in a theatre with her audience after reports of "people with machetes" outside the venue.
After taking to the stage for her first solo comedy show at the Old Rep Theatre in Birmingham in April, the audience were told to stay inside after the performance while police were dealing with an incident.
Emily tweeted after the gig: "Birmingham.. I can’t tell you how special you made my first show. What a wonderful audience.
"I laughed (and almost cried) with you all. I’m sorry for that scare at the end, how awful?! hope you all got home safe! LOVE YOU ALL! (sic)"
A statement from West Midlands Police read: "Police received a call at 9.55pm last night (Thursday 11 April) to an unconfirmed report that people with machetes were outside the Old Rep Theatre, Station Street, Birmingham.
"Officers attended and there was no sign of any suspicious activity."