‘Casualty’ is returning next week.
The BBC have confirmed the medical drama will hit our screens again on Saturday July 11th, much to the delight of the show’s loyal fan base.
A tweet on the show’s Twitter read: "When you hear #Casualty is back next week! (sic)"
‘Casualty’ hasn’t been on since May 30th, and there will be a new face around as ‘Coronation Street’ actress Stirling Gallacher joins as police officer Ffion Morgan, the partner of Di Botcher’s paramedic alter ego Jan Jennings.
Stirling recently said in a statement: "I am entirely delighted to be joining the longest-running emergency medical drama television series in the world… what’s not to be thrilled about!
"The added bonus is of course the folk that work on this fantastic show, I could not have felt more personally welcomed or professionally supported in what is often a bit of a nerve wracking build up to your first days filming.
"I look forward to many happy hours on Ffion Morgan’s pretend beat."
News of Casualty’s return comes after ‘Holby City’ legend Hugh Quarshie revealed the sister show is hoping to return to filming at the end of July.
When asked last month if he knows when ‘Holby’ might be "up and running again", he said: "It’s not definite. We had hoped by the end of this month, but now we’re looking at the end of July.
"Everything depends on whether there is another spike, or whether we can film safely with social distancing and so forth."
Hugh’s comments come after ‘Holby’ returned to our screens in June, after going off air in April.
During the coronavirus lockdown, ‘Holby’ donated ventilators to the NHS to help combat the coronavirus pandemic.
Announcing the news in a tweet, BBC Studios said: "Fully operational ventilators from the Holby City set arrived at .
"@BBCCasualty & @BBCHolbyCity Exec Producer Simon Harper said: "We are only too happy to help out and do what we can for the courageous and selfless real life medics. (sic)"