Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Alanis Morissette replaces Neil Young at State Fayre Festival

Alanis Morissette has stepped in to replace Neil Young at the UK's State Fayre Festival. The 80-year-old music legend...

Latest Posts

Fundraiser launched for permanent Gary ‘Mani’ Mounfield’ tribute in Manchester

A fundraiser has been launched for a permanent mural in tribute to Gary 'Mani' Mounfield. The Stone Roses icon,...

Matt Sorum believes Velvet Revolver ‘could have been as big as Guns N’ Roses’

Matt Sorum is convinced Velvet Revolver "could have been as big" as Guns N' Roses. The drummer formed the...

Rockers T’Pau announce first album in more than a decade, Be Wonderful

T’Pau are set to return this spring with Be Wonderful, their first album of original material in more than a decade.

Carpenter Brut eyes Bring Me The Horizon collaboration

Carpenter Brut is eyeing a collaboration with Bring Me The Horizon. The French synthwave legend - whose real name...

Princess Beatrice gives up seat on Virgin Galactic flight


Britain’s Princess Beatrice has reportedly given up her seat on the first Virgin Galactic flight.

The 26-year-old royal was said to have had a place reserved on Sir Richard Branson’s company’s first ever flight into space next year but has now backed out after a test pilot was killed last week.

A source told the Daily Mail newspaper: "Beatrice was excited by the idea of space tourism, but there is no way she will be going on one of the flights, if they are ever allowed to take place."

The flame-haired beauty attended the 2011 launch of the spaceship VSS Enterprise – which was due to take the first tourists into space – with her boyfriend Dave Clarke, who is head of astronaut relations at Virgin Galactic.

However, the future of the project is now uncertain following the explosion of the test rocket over California’s Mojave Desert, which caused the death of pilot Michael Alsbury and the serious injuries sustained by co-pilot Peter Siebold.

Branson himself had also planned to be aboard the inaugural flight next year, along with his son Sam and three guests and 460 VIPS, who each paid £156,000 for the privilege.

Latest Posts

Fundraiser launched for permanent Gary ‘Mani’ Mounfield’ tribute in Manchester

A fundraiser has been launched for a permanent mural in tribute to Gary 'Mani' Mounfield. The Stone Roses icon,...

Matt Sorum believes Velvet Revolver ‘could have been as big as Guns N’ Roses’

Matt Sorum is convinced Velvet Revolver "could have been as big" as Guns N' Roses. The drummer formed the...

Rockers T’Pau announce first album in more than a decade, Be Wonderful

T’Pau are set to return this spring with Be Wonderful, their first album of original material in more than a decade.

Carpenter Brut eyes Bring Me The Horizon collaboration

Carpenter Brut is eyeing a collaboration with Bring Me The Horizon. The French synthwave legend - whose real name...

Don't Miss

Paul Thomas Anderson and Jonny Greenwood demand removal of Phantom Thread score from Melania Trump doc

Paul Thomas Anderson and Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood have formally requested that music from their acclaimed film Phantom Thread be removed from the...

Kid Rock claims he ‘didn’t understand any’ of Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl halftime show

Kid Rock has claimed he "didn't understand any" of Bad Bunny's Super Bowl halftime show. The 55-year-old country and...

Noel Gallagher to ‘have it out’ on BRITs red carpet amid songwriter prize criticism

Noel Gallagher has vowed to "have it out on the red carpet" with anyone who disagrees with him receiving the Songwriter of...

Robbie Williams has ‘apologised a million times’ to Gary Barlow for his behaviour

Robbie Williams has admitted he still feels guilty about the way he treated Gary Barlow during their most turbulent years, telling fans...

Matty Healy confirms The 1975 are back in the studio

The 1975 are hard at work in the studio. Frontman Matty Healy has admitted he's not getting much shut-eye at...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.