Monday, August 17, 2026

Rockers The Reytons are challenging girl group FLO for No.1 this week

The Reytons are holding off girl group FLO in the midweeks of the Official UK Album Chart in the fight for this...

Latest Posts

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Mara Wilson rules out Mrs Doubtfire sequel


Mara Wilson has no "interest" in reprising her role for the ‘Mrs. Doubtfire’ sequel.

The former child star, who played daughter Natalie Hillard in the 1993 hit film, has ruled out her chances of joining Robin Williams and Chris Columbus, who directed the original comedy, in creating a follow-up movie.

Taking to Twitter yesterday (17.04.14), Wilson, who left her acting career behind almost a decade ago, wrote: "They haven’t asked me to be in it, and I think it would be weird if they did! I don’t act much and am not a cute little kid anymore.

"The only reason I’ve said I don’t want to do it is because of the literal hundreds of people asking me about it.

"I loved being in ‘Doubtfire’, and I’m grateful every day I had that experience. I met my sister-for-life Lisa [Jakub] there. I had a great time.

"But I don’t think a sequel makes sense plotwise, and I don’t think there’d be a part for me even if I did still act and was interested."

Meanwhile, although the idea of a sequel has been discussed since 2001, when Bonnie Hunt was enlisted to pen a script, Columbus and Williams never felt any of the drafts by Hunt or other writers were strong enough.

However, the project is said to have become active again earlier this year when ‘Elf’ writer David Berenbaum became involved.

Latest Posts

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Don't Miss

The Weeknd ditches retirement plans: ‘I’ll be here forever with you’

The Weeknd is no longer planning to retire after he "tested" it out. The 36-year-old singer-songwriter - whose...

Oasis ‘invite Andy Burnham’ to Don’t Look Back in Anger documentary premiere

Oasis are said to have invited UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham to the premiere of the Don't Look Back in Anger documentary...

Morrissey cancels Las Vegas residency because of ‘unforeseen logistical circumstances’

Morrissey has cancelled his Las Vegas residency due to "unforeseen logistical circumstances". The former Smiths frontman was due to...

Junior Andre to release new music

Junior Andre is preparing to release new music, three years after his last single. The 21-year-old son of Peter...

Ariana Grande to film London shows for concert special

Ariana Grande will film her London shows for an upcoming concert special. The 33-year-old singer will kick off a...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.