Sunday, August 23, 2026

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

‘We had nothing to do with it creatively’ Red Hot Chili Peppers distance themselves from Netflix doc

Red Hot Chili Peppers have distanced themselves from an upcoming documentary about their former co-founding member Hillel Slovak.

The Under the Bridge hitmakers were interviewed for the Netflix show, The Rise of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, about the late guitarist – who died over a heroin overdose in 1988, aged 26 – but the Chili Peppers have insisted they had “nothing to do with [the documentary] creatively”.

The band said in a statement: “Dear people of the universe, about a year ago, we were asked to be interviewed for a documentary about Hillel Slovak. He was a founding member of the group, a great guitarist, and friend.

“We agreed to be interviewed out of love and respect for Hillel and his memory.

“However, this documentary is now being advertised as a Red Hot Chili Peppers documentary, which it is not.

“We had nothing to do with it creatively. We have yet to make a Red Hot Chili Peppers documentary.”

Red Hot Chili Peppers – who are made up of Anthony Kiedis, Flea Chad Smith, and John Frusciante – hope the forthcoming film will “spark interest” in the late guitarist.

They added: “The central subject of this current Netflix special is Hillel Slovak and we hope it sparks interest in him and his work.”

Kiedis and Flea are among the stars who have been interviewed for the upcoming documentary, which is directed by Ben Feldman.

According to Variety, the film was secretly screened at the Cannes Film Festival last year, where it was marketed to potential buyers, before further screenings in New York and Los Angeles.

Feldman said in a statement: “It’s a true honour to partner with Netflix to bring The Rise of the Red Hot Chili Peppers to a global audience.

“At its heart, this is a deeply relatable story – about the friendships that shape our identities and the lasting power of the bonds forged in adolescence.

“What’s less relatable, of course, is that here those friends went on to create one of the greatest rock bands in history. I’m profoundly grateful to the band and to Hillel’s family for their trust and generosity, and to Netflix for helping bring this story to the world stage.”

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Don't Miss

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.