Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Becky G’s collaboration with Selena Gomez felt ‘surreal’

Becky G's collaboration with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco felt "surreal". The 29-year-old singer teamed up with the pair...

Latest Posts

FKA Twigs is victorious in first stage of trademark infringement trial

FKA Twigs has won the first stage of a trademark infringement trial over her stage name. The singer,...

Ritchie Blackmore thinks Deep Purple reunion could be ‘last time’ bandmates see each other

Ritchie Blackmore thinks his recent Deep Purple reunion could be the "last time" he sees his bandmates. The 81-year-old...

ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies

ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard has died. The veteran rocker passed away on Monday (17.08.26) at the age of...

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Strictly bosses ‘fear hot studio could spread Covid-19’

‘Strictly Come Dancing’ bosses fear a hot studio could help to spread coronavirus.

The BBC Latin and ballroom dancing competition’s health and safety squad are said to be concerned for the dancers’ health if the hot weather returns during the show, as it increases the risk of the virus spreading on set.

Bosses are looking to keep everyone cool on set by aiming for the studio to be no hotter than 21 degrees, but is proving to be a challenge.

An insider told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre TV Column: "Producers and crew are jumping through all sorts of hoops to get the show on the air for viewers. The latest hurdle is keeping it cool enough that everyone isn’t a big, sweaty mess.

"The theory is that the more the dancers and celebs sweat, the greater the risk of Covid infection potentially. So they’re trying to keep it cool, which is very difficult under the red-hot studio lights."

Last month, ‘Strictly’ pro Dianne Buswell confirmed the show’s professional dancers will isolate in a hotel this year.

She said: "We’ll be all getting together in a hotel and we’ll be doing all our routines, all our pro numbers, together. It’s gonna be a lot of fun actually.

"I think we’re all very excited for it."

But not everyone appears to be too keen on the isolation plan, as Anton du Beke previously admitted he hopes he and his co-stars will not have to quarantine in a hotel.

He said: "Potentially, we will end up in a hotel for a couple of weeks or a month. That’s what has been spoken about and has been provisionally pencilled in.

"Everything else is contingencies but we’re waiting for instructions and the situation is massively fluid at the moment, so we will see what happens.

"It will be lovely to be with my ‘Strictly’ family – they are terrific and I love them all – but without Hannah and the children will be difficult, especially after having all this time together.

"I’m hoping we’re not going to have to do it but we will wait and see."

‘Strictly’ is to air a "slightly shorter run" than usual this year due to the pandemic.

Latest Posts

FKA Twigs is victorious in first stage of trademark infringement trial

FKA Twigs has won the first stage of a trademark infringement trial over her stage name. The singer,...

Ritchie Blackmore thinks Deep Purple reunion could be ‘last time’ bandmates see each other

Ritchie Blackmore thinks his recent Deep Purple reunion could be the "last time" he sees his bandmates. The 81-year-old...

ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard dies

ZZ Top drummer Frank Beard has died. The veteran rocker passed away on Monday (17.08.26) at the age of...

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Don't Miss

Jenna Ortega spills all on her scenes in Sabrina Carpenter’s violent Taste music video

Jenna Ortega's scenes in Sabrina Carpenter's Taste music video were largely improvised as she only found out about the role just days...

The Kooks’ next album is ‘darker and ‘more psychedelic’

The Kooks’ next album is "darker" and "more psychedelic". Frontman Luke Pritchard has confirmed that the follow‑up to 2025’s...

Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson wants to explore music career

Dwayne Johnson is "exploring" the idea of a music career. The WWE legend turned Hollywood megastar has revealed the...

Otoboke Beaver apologise after leaving fan needing stitches

Punk band Otoboke Beaver have apologised after hospitalising a fan. The Japanese three-piece group threw a guitar into...

Rockers The Reytons are challenging girl group FLO for No.1 this week

The Reytons are holding off girl group FLO in the midweeks of the Official UK Album Chart in the fight for this...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.