Tuesday, August 18, 2026

BTS star V reveals hearing issues amid ARIRANG tour

BTS member V has opened up about a long‑running hearing issue, telling fans he’s been receiving medication and hospital care for more...

Latest Posts

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Fontaines D.C. announce ‘mood-altering’ album Dopamine Chamber

Fontaines D.C. have invited fans inside their Dopamine Chamber, offering "mood-altering" music as they unveil their fifth studio album.

Zara Larsson says she’ll push for cheaper ticket tiers on her next tour after Bangkok prices spark backlash

Zara Larsson has suggested she will take action to try and get cheaper ticket prices for fans on her next tour after...

Yungblud vows to press on with European festival dates after breaking his leg in motorcycle crash

Yungblud has vowed to continue his run of European festivals despite breaking his leg in a motorcycle accident. The...

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in the works

A ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ sequel is in the works.

Paramount Pictures and Sega Sammy are working on a follow up movie to the action-adventure comedy, which dropped earlier this year and starred Ben Schwartz as the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog and Jim Carrey as Doctor Robotnik.

According to Variety, Jeff Fowler – who helmed this year’s ‘Sonic’ motion picture – will direct the second movie, and Josh Miller and Pat Casey are to co-write the script once again.

It’s not yet known whether Carrey or Schwartz will reprise their roles.

The first film also starred James Marsden as Sonic’s new best friend Tom, as the speedy blue hedgehog tried to stop evil Robotnik.

The release date of the first movie was pushed back after a fan backlash to the initial design of the hedgehog.

But in February, Carrey admitted he thought the redesign made the motion picture "much better".

He said: "It turned out to be a co-op where everybody was in on the creation. I think everybody felt good about it because ultimately (director) Jeff Fowler (had) no ego involved at all.

"He just went, ‘These people grew up with it, and it’s important to them that we get it right.’ And I think it was just a much better movie because of it."

The 58-year-old actor had previously expressed concern about audiences getting involved in the design of characters.

He said: "I don’t know quite how I feel about the audience being in on the creation of it, while it’s happening.

"Sometimes you find that the collective consciousness decides it wants something and then when it gets it, it goes, ‘OK, I don’t want it’… You become a Frankenstein’s monster at some point, right?"

Latest Posts

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Fontaines D.C. announce ‘mood-altering’ album Dopamine Chamber

Fontaines D.C. have invited fans inside their Dopamine Chamber, offering "mood-altering" music as they unveil their fifth studio album.

Zara Larsson says she’ll push for cheaper ticket tiers on her next tour after Bangkok prices spark backlash

Zara Larsson has suggested she will take action to try and get cheaper ticket prices for fans on her next tour after...

Yungblud vows to press on with European festival dates after breaking his leg in motorcycle crash

Yungblud has vowed to continue his run of European festivals despite breaking his leg in a motorcycle accident. The...

Don't Miss

Otoboke Beaver apologise after leaving fan needing stitches

Punk band Otoboke Beaver have apologised after hospitalising a fan. The Japanese three-piece group threw a guitar into...

Rockers The Reytons are challenging girl group FLO for No.1 this week

The Reytons are holding off girl group FLO in the midweeks of the Official UK Album Chart in the fight for this...

Ed Sheeran admits he thought he’d be a one-hit wonder

Ed Sheeran has admitted he thought The A Team would be his "only hit". The Grammy winner brought his...

Dave Rowntree says Blur have ‘more to do’

Blur drummer Dave Rowntree has suggested the Britpop icons aren’t finished yet, revealing he expects the band will reunite for more music...

Boy George threatens to fire bandmates if they don’t perform his pro-Israel song

Boy George has threatened to sack anyone in his band who refuses to perform his controversial pro-Israel song generated by AI.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.