Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

L’Wren Scott’s social media pages removed


L'Wren Scott's social media profiles have been taken down.
The late 49-year-old fashion designer's accounts on twitter, Facebook and Instagram have been removed following outrage when the pages continued to update after she was found hanged in an apparent suicide at her New York apartment yesterday (17.03.14).
Scheduled messages, including a picture of a tree, posted to her accounts an hour after L'Wren's assistant found body, prompting her social media team to be branded "insensitive" and "disrespectful" for not blocking the updates.
It has been claimed that L'Wren - the long-term partner of Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger - was almost $6 million in debt when she died.
According to accounts for her business, LS Fashion LTD, which were filed in the UK in October 2013, the company was in trouble, with a deficit of $5,899,000 and the designer owing creditors $7,641,000.
Friends had also been worried about the former model - who reportedly refused offers of financial help from Mick - in recent weeks, as she had been "acting strangely" and not answering phone calls.
One source said: "They've known that something was going on, and it's been going on for at least a week."

Melissa George’s ‘great’ three day labour


Melissa George was in labour for three days with son Raphaël.
The 'Good Wife' actress and her boyfriend Jean-David Blanc welcomed their son into the world on February 6, and although she was having contractions "every five to eight minutes" for 72 hours, she insists she had a "great time" waiting for the new arrival.
She told HELLO! magazine: "I was in labour for three days, around the clock, with contractions every five to eight minutes.
"I had a great time walking up and down the halls and going from the bath to the shower, to the balloon balls. I had the bar by the head to hold on to so I could squat and let gravity do its work."
Although Melissa was in hospital for eight days, she enjoyed the experience since she shared it with a friend who was going through the same thing.
She added: "We had a great time because a very good friend went into labour two days after me. She was next door to me so all our friends in Paris could visit both of us."

Mel C gets feather tattoo


Mel C has got a new feather tattoo.
The former Spice Girls star has had the design etched onto her right arm and it is joined to her famous barbed wire inking, which wraps around her entire upper arm.
Mel - full name Melanie Chisholm - proudly showed off her latest tattoo in a photo she posted on her Instagram account on Tuesday morning (18.03.14).
The pop star sported a make-up free face and scraped her hair up into a high ponytail as she posed with her arm above her head to reveal the design along with the caption, "New Ink."
Mel's decision to get the tattoo comes after the 'Wannabe' singer's admission she had toyed with the idea of getting her barbed wire tattoo removed, because the design - which was popular in the 90s - had become outdated.
Mel told BANG Showbiz: "Sometimes I think, 'I hate that one, I wish I could get rid of it.' The first one I ever got was the band around my arm, it's just so very 90s, it just looks really dated."
The 40-year-old star even considered undergoing painful laser tattoo removal surgery to get rid of the design, but couldn't go through with the procedure because she has become so attached to it.
She explained: "When I saw myself photographed and they were airbrushed out, it just looked so odd, they're very much a part of me so I've grown to love them again.
"I'm a bit indecisive. The laser treatment is painful and expensive; you may as well just leave it."

Kate Winslet receives Walk of Fame star


Kate Winslet received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday (17.03.14).
The 38-year-old actress was honoured with the accolade hours after an earthquake shook the Los Angeles area, and admitted it had "frightened her quite a lot".
She added: "I had no idea that this was going to be such a well attended event."
Kate - whose husband Ned Rocknroll or three children Bear, three months, Mia, 13, and Joe, 10, were not in attendance for the ceremony - said being given a star was a "wonderful" moment she would always remember.
She told the assembled crowd - which included her 'Divergent' co-star Shailene Woodley and fellow 'Titanic' actress Kathy Bates - at the Hollywood Boulevard: "Here I am this morning at the infamous corner of Hollywood and vine.
"I believe that so many great young aspiring actors first stepped off the bus with the hope of embarking on a film career from this very spot we all stand in today.
"I feel very honoured 20 years into my own career to be standing in such a poignant place and being celebrated in such a spectacular fashion.
"It's really, really wonderful to be here and to be given this award, this accolade, this wonderful moment in my life that I know I will never forget."
Meanwhile, Kathy, 65, made a joke about the 'Reader' actress' star getting "dirty with poo".
She said:"You deserve to have stars strewn at your feet.
"Even though stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame sometimes get a little dirty with a little poo or whatever, what will last is your wonderful beautiful films, characters that you've played that have stolen our hearts.
"Nobody can ever poo on those."

Aaron Paul ‘doesn’t deserve’ wife


Aaron Paul doesn't "deserve' his wife.
The 'Breaking Bad' actor insists he is a "good guy" who would never do anything to hurt spouse Lauren Parsekian - who he married last May - and is completely devoted to her.
Speaking at the Cinema Society's 'Need for Speed' screening in New York last week, asked if he is "breaking bad" in real life, he told the New York Post newspaper: "You mean, cheating and living a loose life? No. I'm a good guy. I wish more people knew me.
"I'm in love. Happily married. My wonderful lady's Lauren Parsekian. I don't deserve her. We were friends before. We've been together five years. I'll be faithful. I'm happy to be here and with her."
The 34-year-old actor loved working on 'Need For Speed' and was happy to get stuck into all the action scenes, as he found doing his own stunts exciting, rather than scary.
He said: "This film's big with car racing. I did 3 ¹/₂ months training. Sunrise to sunset. In racetracks north of LA. I tore up tires. Drank car oil. I wasn't scared. I was excited. Did it all myself. No doubles. Nothing added post-filming. No fake stuff or green screen filled in with computer graphics. Me in the car with nerves jangling at triple-digit speeds.
"Just for one big upturn action jumping over traffic, they put in a stuntman."

Simon Cowell buys rare car


Simon Cowell has splashed out £650,000 on "the most beautiful car in the world.
The music mogul ordered the super-rare Eagle Speedster Jaguar after seeing it on UK TV show 'Top Gear' and is looking forward to having it shipped to the US so he can get behind the wheel.
Tweeting a picture of his new black vehicle, Simon wrote: "I think this may be the most beautiful car in the world. It's made by Eagle. Thank you Henry, Paul and the team."
The car - which is one of just three in the world - was a 1965 Jaguar E-Type but restoration company Eagle brought in expert engineers to improve the brakes, suspension and interior, as well as rebuilding the engine and giving it an aluminium body.
Paul Brace, technical director at Eagle, said: "Simon got in touch after seeing it on 'Top Gear'.
"It is one of three, is hand built and we're delighted Simon has the car.
"He was over the moon when he saw it and we're looking forward to delivering it to him in the US where he can enjoy it in the sunshine."
Simon - who became a father for the first time last month when girlfriend Lauren Silverman gave birth to their son Eric - is an avid car enthusiast, and recently splashed out on a Caterham sportscar.
However, to make way for the vehicle, he told his Bugatti Veyron, which he admitted to driving just a handful of times in the three years he owned it.

Katie Price ‘weed in a lunch box’


Katie Price 'weed in a lunch box' and threw it out of a car window, a friend has claimed.
The former glamour model - who has children Harvey, 11, Junior, eight, and Princess, six, from previous relationships, and son Jett, seven months, with current spouse Kieran Hayler - has been described as "vile" by pal Jemma Henley, who claims the 35-year-old star used to relieve herself in her car and often "squatted" on the ground in public.
Speaking in the new issue of Heat magazine, Jemma said: "Katie's got no boundaries - I've seen her squat and wee on the ground. It's all just for attention - she's vile.
"Even when she's sober, she'll wee in a lunch box in the car and just chuck it out of the window."
Jemma, who lived with the star at her West Sussex home for four months in 2011 after losing her London flat, also described her as "insecure" and revealed Katie loves the "chase" when it comes to men.
The brunette beauty has previously spoken out about her adventurous sex life with second husband Alex Reid - who she wed in February 2011 and split from less than a year later - and Jemma claims she even showed friends films of their bedroom antics.
She said: "Katie said all this disgusting stuff about what happened in the bedroom with Alex, and you'd think it wasn't true. But she's got videos - and whenever she's drunk, she'll show them to everyone. It's gross."
Katie married third spouse Kieran in January last year - just two months after they met - and Jemma said they used to have sex "everywhere" but thinks the relationship won't last.
She added: "I doubt it will last - she gets bored. He'll get fed up, but I think he'll put up with a lot first.
"I think her getting bored could be an insecurity thing - if you get bored with the way you look, you just change it.
"It's an addiction and adrenaline. It's the same with guys, as well, I guess."

Georgia May Jagger cancels catwalk show


Georgia May Jagger has pulled out of an appearance at Melbourne Fashion Week following the death of L'Wren Scott.
The 22-year-old model - the daughter of the designer's partner Sir Mick Jagger and his ex-wife Jerry Hall - was set to appear on the runway for Camilla Franks this week, but after being informed of yesterday's (17.03.14) tragedy when she landed in Sydney to take a connecting flight to Melbourne, she axed the catwalk show and has now flown out of Australia back to New York to be with her family.
Camilla's spokesman said in a statement: "In light of the recent sad news, Georgia May Jagger will not be participating in Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival for the Camilla Grand Showcase. We ask that you respect Ms. Jagger and her family's privacy at this very difficult time.
"On behalf of the Festival and the Camilla team we offer our sincere condolences to Ms. Jagger and her family."
Georgia was close to L'Wren - who was found hanged at her New York apartment - and the two women were regularly seen out and about together, including in September, when she joined her rocker father at L'Wren's London Fashion Week show.
The model's decision comes after Mick's band the Rolling Stones cancelled the first date of their Australian tour following the tragedy.
The band were due to perform in Perth (19.03.14) tomorrow, but the show will no longer go ahead, while the future of the other five gigs in the country is also uncertain.

L’Wren Scott’s friends had worries about her


L'Wren Scott's friends were concerned about her behaviour in the weeks leading up to her death.
The fashion designer - who was found hanged in her New York apartment yesterday (17.03.14) - had reportedly been "acting strangely" and was "ducking phone calls", sparking concern from her pals.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: "They've known that something was going on, and it's been going on for at least a week."
It had also been claimed the 49-year-old Scot - the long-term girlfriend of Rolling Stones singer Sir Mick Jagger - had been involved in a self-harm "incident" recently and had been suffering from depression.
A source is quoted by the MailOnline website as saying: "L'Wren was really quite troubled and there were some issues over Mick and her standing in the family. It seems she suffered from depression."
The insider went on to claim that L'Wren was unhappy Mick wouldn't marry her even though they had been together for 13 years, and she was said to be upset that his former spouse Jerry Hall didn't invite her to the baby shower she threw for the rocker's 42-year-old daughter Jade Jagger - his child with first wife Bianca Jagger - and her 21-year-old daughter Assisi, who are both pregnant.
The former model would regularly join Mick, 70, on the road with The Rolling Stones, but decided to remain in New York during his current run of shows.
The source said: "She just wasn't well enough to go on tour with them."
The Rolling Stones have cancelled their first gig on their Australian tour, which was due to take place in Perth tomorrow (19.03.14), in the wake of L'Wren's tragic passing.

Must Read

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...