Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Deep Purple drop blistering new single Arrogant Boy from new album

Deep Purple have dropped the brand‑new single, Arrogant Boy, the first track to be unveiled from their upcoming studio album SPLAT!.
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Vitalii Sediuk apologises for Hollywood pranks


Hollywood prankster Vitalii Sediuk has apologised to his celebrity victims.
The 25-year-old former journalist - who scaled a barrier at the 'Maleficent' premiere to confront Brad Pitt and has previously accosted stars including Bradley Cooper, Leonardo DiCaprio and Will Smith at red carpet events - insists he has changed his ways and now plans to leave Los Angeles for good to launch a modelling career in London.
He told the Hollywood Reporter: "Basically, I'm changing my life. I would like to thank Hollywood for having me this two years and a half. It was an experience that taught me a lot in life. Most importantly, I would like to say sorry for celebrities that had to deal with my stunts and thank them for being tolerant to me all this time."
However, the Ukranian prankster insisted his controversial antics - including attempting to put his head up America Ferreira's dress - have often been misunderstood and were always meant in good fun.
He added: "The motivation behind all my pranks was always positive even when some of them went wrong and were not understood by the public.
"I came to the decision to move overseas, but there's some part of me that will stay in this city. I know you will not miss me."
After his encounter with Brad in May, Sediuk was sentenced to 20 days of community service and ordered him to stay 500 yards away from all award shows, entertainment events and red carpets.
Additionally, Brad and his fiancee Angelina Jolie also took out a restraining order against him.

Rocky musical to close


The 'Rocky' musical is to close after just five months on Broadway.
The stage show - which is based on the 1976 boxing movie which starred Sylvester Stallone - will play its final performance at New York's Winter Garden Theatre on August 17, after 28 previews and 188 regular performances.
According to reports, the musical - which has had mixed reviews - managed to break the $1 million mark just once since opening in March and in recent weeks has been drawing in just half of its $1,263,688 potential.
Stallone previously expressed his delight that 'Rocky' - which he wrote - had been turned into a musical.
He said: "This is really surreal.
"It is one thing with the movie. We got lucky with that and we got lucky six times, but 15 years later, a Broadway show.
"It was one of those things where I got lucky it just happen to hit a nerve, and the character lived well beyond me."
The action hero admitted his version of boxer Rocky in the film is different to Andy Karl's "romantic" version on stage.
He explained: "My Rocky was more guttural, Andy's is a little more aware of his surroundings. He has a romantic quality, I think."

Kim Kardashian demanded DVDs on honeymoon


Kim Kardashian and Kanye West requested a "DVD collection" and the "biggest" TV possible on their honeymoon.
The couple - who married in Florence, Italy in May - enjoyed a brief break to Cork, Limerick and Laois in Ireland, after their nuptials and though they were spotted out and about on a number of occasions, it seems as if they were planning to spend most of their time indoors.
A leaked email from Patricia L. Blanche, owner of LCF Custom Travel & Tours, to Siobhan Byrne Learat of Adams & Butler Luxury Travel has been obtained by RadarOnline.com and reads: "From what we're hearing, it would appear they're going to spend plenty of downtime at the Castle, and are looking forward to watching movies and just spending alone time together. I know you've already brought in a large TV (get the biggest one you can) and they have requested a DVD collection be brought in.
"Might want to pick up some playing cards too."
Patricia - who also advised the TV be hooked up to Netflix or another streaming site - went on to hint that her famous clients could be demanding.
She added: "I would expect that last-minute requests like this will start to roll in now; this is how they operate and it makes it a real challenge for everyone!"
A separate email detailed other requests for the couple, which included extra throws and pillows, an Irish flag be flying, a hot tub placed on standby, candles be lit before arrival and even an alternative property in case the famous couple disliked their first choice.

Kim Kardashian to make $85million from iPhone app

Kim Kardashian is set to make $85 million from a new iPhone app. The 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians' star will earn the staggering sum - which totals more than all her other ventures in the last year combined - from the new game simply because it u...

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is ‘just friends’ with Jennifer Lopez


Maksim Chmerkovskiy insists he and Jennifer Lopez are "just friends".
The 'Dancing with the Stars' professional has been linked with the 'On the Floor' hitmaker since her split from Casper Smart, but he insists there is nothing romantic about their relationship.
He said: "With the Jennifer thing, look, we're friends and ... we're friends. This is it. This is where it ends, pretty much."
The hunky dancer has previously dated Karina Smirnoff and Kate Upton and admits dating in the public eye is difficult because the scrutiny can "ruin" a relationship.
He told the New York Daily News newspaper's Confidenti@l column:
"I now understand why Hollywood is such a difficult place to have a good relationship in: because there's all these interferences. Two people have to be so strong -- and notice I didn't say 'in love.' They have to be in love, but trust me, there've been situations when two people have been really in love, and all of this gets in the way and it completely ruins it."
However, the 34-year-old Ukrainian knows he is lucky not to have bigger problems.
He said: "Look, it could be worse, right? When we get together, all my friends are like, 'Dude, I envy you -- if this is biggest problem you have in life, good for you.' "
Maksim admires the way A-list stars Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes - who are expecting their first child together - have been able to conduct their relationship in private.
He said: "Look at Eva and Ryan having a baby. I think their relationship is amazing, because it's so quiet and nobody knows anything about it. And so those two people are professional, they're amazing at what they do, and they're strong enough to be able to keep it to themselves. That's brilliant. I envy them and I look up to couples like this."




Dolly Parton offers advice to divorcing couples


Dolly Parton has urged divorcing parents to be more "considerate".
The 68-year-old singer's new song 'Miss You - Miss Me' from her 'Blue Smoke' album is told from the perspective of a child whose mother and father have split up and the country music legend admits the track was inspired by a family situation.
She explained: "I actually had a niece that was going through a divorce. And my little grand-niece, who was part of that whole divorce, was feeling like she didn't quite understand why there was such problems between her mom and her dad.
"I just think that so many children get caught up in the divorce. And children are made to feel like they've done something wrong when two grown people, even when they can't get along, should be more considerate where the children are concerned."
The '9 to 5' hitmaker writes all her songs her "own way" and doesn't care if people don't "accept" her perspective.
She told the Huffington Post: "I just write my songs. I do my thing my own way. I say what I see. People either accept it or don't."
Dolly - who has been married to Carl Dean for 48 years - is an advocate for same-sex marriage because she is "loving of all people".
She added: "I've been Dolly all the way through. People know who I am. They know I'm very open, loving of all people. Accepting of all things. I'm an American girl."

Pharrell Williams learns from son


Pharrell Williams learns a lot from his son.
The 'Happy' hitmaker admits five-year-old Rocket - who he has with wife Helen Lasichanh - has completely changed his life, and he is in awe of the little boy's technological knowledge.
He told ABC News: "He's changed my world.
"My son teaches me. It's crazy, he teaches me [about video games and the latest gizmos and gadgets].
"This is one of those times in your life when you're like, 'Think about that one interview when someone asked you a serious question' and it just hit me... When you asked me about my son and my answer to you was, 'He teaches me?' Like, that was bizarre to me."
Pharrell is following in the footsteps of Jay Z and LeBron James to curate the soundtrack for forthcoming basketball video game 'NBA 2K15', though he admits his knowledge of the sport is limited, and he asked the women he works with to help him come up with the perfect tracks.
He explained: They know so much more about the sport than I do.
"I'm not screaming like touchdown, but after free throw, lay up and couple dunks ... I know what a crossover is but don't know how to do one.
"These are girls that play the game and ... their boyfriends play or their friends play, I thought it would be such an interesting twist to have the girls weight in on the song list, they listen to it just as much, I tried to pick an alternative approach ... How do you follow up LeBron and Jay? I gotta take a different route. I don't know I just thought it'd be cool."

Justin Bieber to be deposed again


Justin Bieber has been ordered to sit for another deposition.
The 'Believe' hitmaker was ordered to answer questions from lawyers in March as part of an ongoing lawsuit relating to his bodyguard allegedly beating up a photographer, but after he refused to respond to several queries, a judge has insisted he must repeat the interrogation, with the same lawyer.
Several of the questions Justin refused to answer related to his on/off girlfriend, with the lawyer - representing the photographer, Jeffrey Binion - insisting Justin and Selena's relationship is relevant to the case because she was with him at the scene of another apparent attack on a paparazzo in 2012.
However, after refusing to answer several times, the 20-year-old star eventually exploded, saying: "Don't ask me about her! Do not ask me about her!"
The 'Beauty and a Beat' singer then stormed out of the room, and was said to have been "on edge" when he returned a few minutes later and angered the lawyer with his surly responses.
When he responded to a query by saying, "Yeah", the lawyer asked, "Do you mean yes?", to which he scoffed, "What the f**k is the difference between yeah and yes?!"
The sarcastic star remained unimpressed by the cross-examination.
Justin allegedly said, "What is this, '60 Minutes?' " and later quipped, "OK Katie Couric, what's your question again?"
The star is accused of ordering his bodyguard Hugo Hesny to choke Binion and steal his camera equipment last June outside a Miami recording studio.
According to TMZ, no date has yet been set for the new deposition, but it will be videotaped again.

Jeff Goldblum gets engaged


Jeff Goldblum has got engaged.
The 'Jurassic Park' actor is set to tie the knot with Emilie Livingston - who, at 30, is 31 years his junior - after popping the question in Hawaii earlier this month.
Emilie, a former Olympic rhythmic gymnast, used social media to reveal the good news.
Clearly emotional, she wrote on Twitter: "Jul 8 he proposed @ our fave #okstore. I was taken over by tears of joy n ecstasy! We picked the ring 2gether #inlove (sic)"
She later posted several photos on Instagram, including a close-up of her engagement ring as well as a photo of the pair embracing one another.
She captioned it: "So in love!!! #jeffgoldblum #emilielivingston #love #initforlife"
Jeff, 61, has been married twice before, firstly to Patricia Gaul, who he wed in 1980 but split from six years later, a year before tying the knot with his 'Fly' co-star Geena Davis.
The second union lasted just three years.
Although he hasn't yet spoken out about his latest engagement, the 'Independence Day' star has previously described Emilie as "just spectacular and beautiful."
He added: "I'm happy as a clam with her. I feel lucky, lucky, lucky."

Must Read

Red Hot Chili Peppers flog music catalogue to Warner in mega £240m deal

Red Hot Chili Peppers have struck one of the biggest rock deals of the year after offloading their full recorded music catalogue...

Duran Duran refuse to play Glastonbury unless they get a headline slot

Duran Duran have made it clear they won’t set foot on Worthy Farm unless they’re handed one of Glastonbury’s biggest slots.

Van Morrison announces five‑night London residency at the brand-new British Airways ARC venue

Van Morrison is set to make history this autumn as he becomes the first artist to stage a residency at the brand‑new...