Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Chris Martin and The Muppets announced headliners for first ever World Cup halftime show

Madonna, Shakira and BTS will co-headline the first ever World Cup halftime show. Coldplay singer Chris Martin has curated...
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Scott Disick ‘doing great’ after alcohol poisoning


Scott Disick is "doing great" after suffering from alcohol poisoning last month.
The 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' star - the long-time partner of Kourtney Kardashian - is said to be on the mend following news that he was treated at Southampton Hospital in New York after a night of heavy drinking on June 22.
Scott, 31, lost both of his parents this year and it's thought his excessive night of boozing stems from the difficult period he's had.
However, pals close to the star say that after a rollercoaster time in his life, Scott is on the up.
A source told PEOPLE.com: "He's had an unimaginable year losing his parents.
"There have been highs and lows, and he's just doing his best trying to work through everything. He's really making progress."
Scott is currently preparing for the birth of his third child with Kourtney, with whom he already has daughter Penelope, two, and son Mason, four.
Kourtney has been busy shooting her latest reality show, 'Kourtney & Khloe Take The Hamptons', but will be relieved to learn that her beau is getting himself together following a turbulent 12 months.
The couple began dating prior to 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' and have had an on/off relationship over the years.
But despite Scott's recent troubles, they appear to be as strong as ever and are looking forward to the birth of their new baby.

Dean McDermott and Tori Spelling are ‘stronger than ever’


Dean McDermott is working "hard" to fix his marriage with Tori Spelling.
The couple have endured their fair share of drama recently, after it was revealed that the actor had cheated on his wife of eight years and entered into rehab to be treated for alcoholism.
Now Dean has opened up about his relationship and assured fans that they are getting "stronger".
Talking to Giuliana Rancic on E! News, he explained: "Things are great. Our relationship is stronger than it's ever been and we're working very hard on that.
"I'm working very hard on myself - my sobriety, it means everything to me, becoming the dad and the husband that I've always wanted to be and that they deserve ... I'm changing my life for the good."
Dean - who has four children with Tori - also revealed his disbelief that his wife is still with him.
He reflected: "I wake up every morning and I'm just so blessed that she's in my life still. She's such a strong lady, and when this happened I was like, 'Why don't you just leave me?' "
The 47-year-old actor is currently starring alongside Tori in reality show 'True Tori' and according to Dean, the 41-year-old actress couldn't turn off her feelings for her husband despite his infidelity.
He recalled: "She's like, 'Well, I love you, I can't just turn that off. I'm mad at you, I'm really upset, I'm really hurt - but I love you. That just doesn't go away.'
"'We're trying to show people that if that love is still there, love can conquer all and love does conquer all. It's just going to take a lot of work and a lot of tears and a lot of pain."

Louis Tomlinson’s Doncaster Rovers bid falls through


Louis Tomlinson's bid to buy Doncaster Rovers soccer club has fallen through.
The One Direction star was hoping to raise funds to purchase his hometown team but after his Crowdfunder campaign - which charged fans £250 for a selfie with the singer - fell short of its £2 million target, his bid has been axed and he claimed he "was misled".
He wrote on Twitter: "I'm absolutely gutted the Doncaster Rovers deal is not going ahead. I am desperate for the club to be given the recognition it deserves 🙁
"I was explicitly told that the deal to buy the club was not dependent on the money raised by crowd-funding. Unfortunately I was misled."
Louis - who played for Doncaster's reserve team as a 65th minute substitute in February - insisted he still wants to "be involved" and promised supporters he will do all he can to help.
He continued: "My passion for Doncaster Rovers remains as strong as ever, and I hope that I can still be involved with the club moving forward!
"And to all the Doncaster Rovers fans, I will do all in my power to help the club succeed. I really do love the club! #roverstillidie
"For the record,I insisted contractually I would never earn a penny from DRFC. I simply wanted to help club& community.Still hoping I can (sic)"

Lindsay Lohan wins comeback award


Lindsay Lohan has won an award for the biggest comeback.
The 'Liz & Dick' actress collected the prize at the Ischia Global Film & Music Festival in Italy earlier this week and she was on hand to accept the trophy.
However, the 28-year-old star - whose most recent major acting role was 'The Canyons' in 2013 - suffered an embarrassing moment when she stumbled at the annual gala.
The award is a step in the right direction for Lindsay, who is preparing to make her West End theatre debut in 'Speed-the-Plow' and wants to bring her focus back to her acting career.
The 'Mean Girls' actress recently claimed she wanted her "talents" to be recognised again, instead of being known for her controversial and well-documented personal issues.
She said: "I want to be known for my talents and my work that I create, rather than a tabloid sensation.
"However long it does take, I'm willing to do it. I'm willing to work for it."
Lindsay has insisted her wild days are behind her now, despite friends reportedly worrying about her move to London after she "cut ties" with her "sobriety circle".
An insider previously claimed: "Everyone thinks Lindsay moved to London because she knows that she can get away with things there that she cannot get away with here.
"She's cut ties with everyone back in the States ... You can only give someone so many chances. She's not answering phone calls from her sober friends. It's frustrating."

Alec Baldwin pays tribute to late co-star Elaine Stritch


Alec Baldwin has paid tribute to late co-star Elaine Stritch.
The 56-year-old actor has hailed the Broadway legend - who played his mother on hit sitcom '30 Rock' - as "one in a million" in an emotional homage following her death at her home in Michigan at the age of 89 yesterday (17.07.14).
In a series of tweets, Alec wrote: "A woman that I loved and admired, and a true one in a million, has gone to her rest.
"I'm sure that even God is a bit nervous right now. I love you, Elaine."
He later shared a photo of himself and Elaine accompanied by the caption: "Thanks to all who took time to remember the one and only Elaine Stritch..."
Alec was not the only celebrity to pay tribute to the great actress.
'Girls' star Lena Dunham also posted a suitably funny message dedicated to Elaine on Twitter, writing: "Here's to the lady who lunched: Elaine Stritch, we love you. May your heaven be a booze-soaked, no-pants solo show at the Carlyle. Thank you."
Lena went on to post a photo of Elaine laughing as she enjoyed an ice cream to her Instagram account.
Mia Farrow also used social media to reflect on Elaine's passing as she tweeted: "I suspect Elaine Stritch won't know how to rest-in-peace! Iconic entertainer, force of nature, my wonderful movie-mom."

Eddie Cibrian rules out Brandi reunion


Eddie Cibrian says there's more chance of a zombie apocalypse than a reunion between him and Brandi Glanville.
The 41-year-old actor and his singer spouse LeAnn Rimes opened up about their ongoing feud with his ex-wife - whom he infamously cheated on and then left for LeAnn - on the first episode of their new VH1 reality show 'LeAnn & Eddie', in which Eddie made the apocalyptic dig.
He said: "The likelihood of Brandi and I getting back together, I would say, would be slightly above the existence of Bigfoot and just below an actual zombie apocalypse."
LeAnn, 31, meanwhile, labelled the 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star a "third party" in their marriage and claimed Brandi won't let the highly-publicised feud die.
Dispelling tabloid rumours of marital issues, she said: "Well, it's unfortunate that we have a third party in this situation that's just a mouthpiece. It doesn't matter if we say anything because she'll keep blabbing about it."
The couple also joked about the public's perception of them, with Eddie - who has two sons, Mason, 10, and seven-year-old Jake, with Brandi - admitting they are aware people "think [LeAnn] is a homewrecker and a stalker".
LeAnn quipped: "You're forgetting alcoholic, pill popper and children stealer!"
The 'Can't Fight the Moonlight' singer then turned the tables on Eddie, humorously addressing rumours about him.
She added: "And you're also a moocher, you have no job, and you married me for my money."

Cameron Diaz has good butt-to-crack ratio


Cameron Diaz thinks she's got a good "ratio" between her butt and butt crack.
The 41-year-old starlet admits she's not shy about showing off her booty on the big screen and was pleasantly surprised by her proportionate bottom when she watched her raunchy new movie 'Sex Tape'.
Appearing on 'Chelsea Lately' last night (17.07.14), Cameron said: "I don't consider it nudity - it's just my butt. You've seen my butt, I wear really small bikinis and small pants, so at some point, if you've seen pictures of me, you have either seen the top of my butt or the bottom of my butt.
"Now you get to see it together, so you get to see the middle of my butt - the middle crack ... you get to see how it connects.
"You get to see the actual butt crack-to-butt ratio. I've never actually seen it from that perspective because I'm in front of it so I got to see it for the first time and I was like, 'Oh, not a bad ratio!' "
The blonde beauty stars opposite 'How I Met Your Mother' star Jason Segel in the new comedy about a couple looking to spice up their love life by making a homemade blue movie and Cameron says the steamy scenes weren't meant to be sexy.
She explained: "It wasn't a vanity project ... most of the stuff we are doing is really embarrassing and unattractive, that's why [our characters] wanted it to be a tape that we didn't want people to see.
"It's not like it's really hot camera angles and these two people are like, 'Go ahead, take a look.'
"It's like, 'Please, nobody ever see what we just did together.' "

David Beckham covered in gold gunk


David Beckham and his sons were showered in gold slime at the first ever Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Sport Awards last night (17.07.14).
The retired soccer star was honoured with the Legend Award at the ceremony, which took place in Los Angeles, but following a heartfelt speech onstage David - joined by sons Romeo, 11, and nine-year-old Cruz - couldn't escape a signature gunking at the hands of the youth-oriented TV channel.
A torrent of golden slime rained down on the trio and while Nickelodeon is known for sliming celebrity guests with green ooze at its awards shows, it seems the special gold-coloured gunge was an ode to David's 'Golden Balls' nickname.
The 39-year-old hunk took the good-natured ribbing in his stride, wiping away the slime from his face and smiling as he left the stage.
In his speech, David said: "When I was young my dream was to be a professional soccer player."
The awards bash was the perfect mix of sports and celebrity as stars including Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Will Arnett and Nick Cannon helped celebrate America's top sporting heroes.
The awards ceremony was hosted by retired NFL football player-turned-TV talk show host Michael Strahan.
'Happy' hitmaker Pharrell Williams gave a cheerful musical performance, as did Florida Georgia Line.

Cory Monteith’s mum couldn’t look at his photos


Cory Monteith's mother couldn't look her late son's photos until three days ago.
A year has passed since the 'Glee' actor was found dead in a hotel room, but his mum Ann McGregor has admitted she has been unable to bring herself to look at pictures of him until recently.
Cory's mother tried to remain positive as she referred to the breakthrough as "progress".
Talking on 'Good Morning America' yesterday (17.07.14), she said: "The loss is horrendous. Until three days ago I couldn't look at a picture of Cory. So there's been progress."
Ann also revealed that she hasn't been able to watch 'Glee' since her son's passing and has yet to see the episode which is dedicated to Cory.
The late actor's girlfriend and fellow 'Glee' star Lea Michele has remained in contact with Ann, who revealed she too is still coming to terms to with Cory's sudden death.
Ann said: "[Lea] texts me and emails me. She's hurting. I know her pain."
The matriarch also shared several home videos with the TV show, allowing them access to recordings of a young Cory playing with his dog and even acting in a school play.
An emotional Ann reflected: "He had that mischievous side to him all the time. Always looking for something ... looking for stimulation."
She added: "He was a star. I'm still in awe, I always will be."

Must Read

Eric Clapton cuts concert short after being hit by flying object at Madrid concert

Eric Clapton cut his recent Madrid concert short after being hit by a flying object. Shortly after the 81-year-old...

The Wiggles make awkward Oasis confession

The Wiggles are "so out of touch" and don't really know who Oasis actually are. The Australian band had...

Shania Twain looking back on childhood with new music

Shania Twain wants to give people a look at her upbringing with her new album. The Still the One...