Tuesday, May 19, 2026

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds working on early ideas for potential new album

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds have been playing around in the studio with "the vague idea of perhaps making a new...
Home Showbiz

Showbiz

Scott Disick’s problems stem from grief


Scott Disick's aunt thinks the deaths of his parents caused him to drink excessively.
The 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' star was recently hospitalised with alcohol poisoning, and Audrey Martone thinks the death of her brother Jeffrey just a few months after his wife Bonnie has hit her nephew hard.
She told RadarOnline.com: "Scott lost both parents in a very short period of time, and I think being without them right now is a sad reminder.
"I feel for him and I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. Everyone has their own way of grieving, and I respect that."
Scott is currently filming 'Kourtney & Khloe Take The Hamptons' with his long-term partner Kourtney Kardashian - who is pregnant with their third child - and her sister Khloe, and Audrey is worried that filming so close to his childhood home in New York may trigger some painful memories for him.
She said: "They're out in an area of Long Island where there are reminders of his parents. He might need some time to heal."
Audrey also admitted she only found out about Scott's hospitalisation in June through the media as she hasn't heard from her nephew since the beginning of the year.
She said: "I didn't know anything. Someone from work actually told me they read about it."

George Clooney is ‘marrying up’


George Clooney is "marrying up".
The 'Monuments Men' actor is expected to marry Amal Alamuddin - who he got engaged to in April - in September and he insists he is the lucky one in the relationship.
He told Variety: "I'm marrying up."
While the 53-year-old hunk is used to speculation about his personal life, he recently spoke out to slam claims Amal's mother objected to their marriage on religious grounds, and he admits it was "fun" to "slap" the false report.
He said: "It's just fun to slap those bad guys every once in a while, knock 'em around...
"I would sit with my friends and we'd just go, 'So they just sat at a computer and just went, 'OK, this is what I'm gonna say today.' I mean, literally, because you just go 'There isn't literally an element of truth in this.'
"You just laugh, and let it go. I'm used to it after all these years."
However, the 'Gravity' actor - who was previously married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993 - insisted he chooses his battles wisely and won't comment on every piece of speculation about his life.
He added: "That's why you pick your fights at a tabloid. Every day they write things that aren't true, but every once in a while they write something that is actually dangerous to your family, and it's probably not true. And that's the one you pick."

One Direction relax at Louis Tomlinson’s mum’s wedding


One Direction attended Louis Tomlinson's mother's wedding yesterday (20.07.14).
Louis was joined at the nuptials of Johannah Poulston and her long-term partner Daniel Deakin in Manchester, North West England by his bandmates Harry Styles, Liam Payne and Niall Horan, though Zayn Malik did not appear to be in attendance.
Louis - who donned a blue suit - was also joined by his girlfriend Eleanor Calder, who was one of Johannah's bridesmaids.
Harry kept up his rock star persona with an all black ensemble and left his shirt unbuttoned, exposing his chest tattoos. He completed the look with a wide brimmed black hat and a patterned black scarf and seemed to spend much of the day with the group's hairdresser, Lou Teasdale. The silver haired stylist posted several photos from the day on Instagram, including one with the caption: "It's a lovely daaaaaaay"
Liam arrived with his girlfriend Sophia Smith, who looked gorgeous in a tight fitting black dress. The 20-year-old pop star appeared to co-ordinate with his date as he also wore a black suit with matching waistcoat.
Also looking dapper was Niall, who wore a striped shirt and green tie for the happy occasion.
He was later spotted enjoying a game of croquet with Liam, as they relaxed after the ceremony.

Jessica Simpson rules out having more children


Jessica Simpson doesn't want any more children.
The singer-turned-designer has daughter Maxwell, two, and 13-month-old son Ace with husband Eric Johnson and while she loves being a mother she has insisted that two kids are enough for her.
Posting an adorable picture of herself with a friend's baby on Instagram, Jessica wrote: "I love you Jack, but I do not want another!!"
The sweet snap shows the make-up free newlywed tenderly cradling her pal's baby as she smiles for the camera.
Jessica married Eric earlier this month after having two children in quick succession forced them to put their wedding plans on hold.
The 'Dukes of Hazzard' star tied the knot with the former NFL player at California's San Ysidro Ranch on July 5 in front of family and close friends.
Following the celebration, the couple honeymooned at the Four Seasons Punta Mita Resort in Mexico.
However, the 33-year-old beauty admitted she missed their children terribly.
The 'With You' hitmaker shared a photograph of their children on Instagram on her return last week, with the caption: "There is no way these kids could be more adorable. OMG! So happy to be home snuggling!! (sic)"
Meanwhile, Jessica's close pal Donald Faison gushed the couple's wedding was "awesome."
The former 'Scrubs' star, who is married to Jessica's best friend CaCee Cobb, said: "Any time you get to witness somebody's love being celebrated, it's great. We had a wonderful time. We danced the night away!"

Mel B ready to repair family rift


Mel B is ready to reconcile with her family.
The former Spice Girls singer hasn't spoken to her mother Andrea, father Martin or sister Danielle for six years because they disapprove of her marriage to Stephen Belafonte, but now she has returned to the UK - after being based in the US and Australia for work - to judge 'The X Factor', she is ready to heal their rift.
A source said: "Mel feels it's time to let bygones be bygones.
"She's feeling very positive about her career at the moment, and so doesn't want this family rift to keep rearing its ugly head.
"Hopefully by the end of the year they will all be on good terms again."
However, Mel - who has two-year-old daughter Madison with Stephen, and daughters Phoenix, 15, and Angel, seven, from previous relationships - is said to have an ulterior motive for reconciling with her family; she doesn't want them speaking negatively about her.
The source added to the Daily Star newspaper: "It has crossed Mel's mind that there's going to be a lot more attention on her once 'The X Factor' properly kicks off.
"And the last thing she needs will be having family members airing her dirty laundry in public."
It was recently claimed Andrea had been bombarding her daughter with messages to reunite, but had had no response.
A source said: "Andrea is scarred by what has happened with Mel. They used to be so close.
"She is desperate to be part of her life again and in the last few days and weeks she has been trying to reach her on Twitter.
"So far Mel hasn't replied, but Andrea is hoping that now she is in the UK then she might relent and finally let her back in her life."

Audrey Tautou not interested in spotlight


Audrey Tautou isn't "interested" in the red carpet.
The 'Mood Indigo' actress has never felt comfortable in the spotlight, and though she accepts public appearances and promotion work are part of her job, she doesn't particularly enjoy that side of her career.
She said: "I don't feel like I've improved on the red carpet. I've tried to improve my performance, but I can't say I'm especially interested in it. So I do what I have to do, but I always hope it's going to be the minimum. It's very bad for an actress, but I can't help it!"
The 37-year-old beauty accepted the lead role in 'Mood Indigo' after being sent a special gift from director Michel Gondry - even though she didn't understand his present at first.
She explained to Vulture: "He gave me a wonderful gift when he proposed me the part: He made me a cartoon! A little animation movie, where he is in Brooklyn and flies over the ocean to Paris to see me with a letter about the part -- and I didn't understand it.
"I didn't even know he was preparing a movie! So it was a bit mysterious for me until he made it clear, and then I was very happy, because I knew it would be a special experience."

Kendall Jenner to quit KUWTK?


Kendall Jenner wants to quit 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians'.
The 18-year-old beauty reportedly wants to give up on her family's reality show as she has been advised it could be damaging to her modelling career, which is so far going well and has seen her walk the runway for the likes of Chanel and Givenchy.
A source told the Daily Mail newspaper: "She has been advised by friends in the fashion industry that reality TV could damage her modeling career."
While Kendall is contractually bound to finish filming the latest series of the show, she has pulled out of appearing in any spin-off programmes.
The source added: "Kendall had the option to pull out of any other potential shows and that's exactly what she's done."
The news comes weeks after it was claimed Kendall's half-brother Rob Kardashian - who is said to not be on speaking terms with many of his relatives and even missed his sister Kim's recent wedding to Kanye West - wants to back out of the show as he feels it has "ruined" his family.
A source previously said: "Rob feels that the reality show has truly ruined his family, and that momager Kris Jenner is always on the look out for the next big deal for one of her daughters.
"His significant weight gain has only added to the stress in his life. He has been working out but has very bad eating habits. He just feels very alone.

Beyonce and Jay Z plan to split


Beyonce and Jay Z are planning to split.
The couple - who are currently on their joint 'On The Run' world tour - are said to be working out a way to break-up without divorcing following the final dates of tour in Paris this December and have already removed their wedding rings.
A source told The New York Post's Page Six: "There are no rings, if you haven't noticed.
"They are trying to figure out a way to split without divorcing . . . This is a huge concert tour and they've already gotten most of the money from the promoters up front."
The source added that the tour will be the last for Jay Z, 44, and Beyonce, 32, after marriage counsellors failed to help them get their relationship back on track.
It is believed the couple - who have a 2-year-old daughter, Blue Ivy - thought having their first child would bring them closer again but they soon started to go their separate ways.
The source explained: "For just a split moment, things got real for them and she was even talking about adding to the family.
"But, after a while, Jay was out doing Jay and Bey was out doing Bey. They made the classic mistake of thinking a child would change everything and help to rekindle the initial fire, and it didn't."
The news comes just two months after Beyonce's sister Solange Knowles was seen attacking Jay in leaked security footage from an elevator as the trio made their way out of a Met Ball after-party in New York.
A statement was later released, saying: "At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."

Scarlett Johansson sets wedding date


Scarlett Johansson is getting married next month.
The 29-year-old actress was overheard telling fellow guests at a dinner thrown by Martha Stewart at her East Hampton estate on Saturday (19.07.14) that she and French journalist Romain Dauriac - with who she is expecting her first child - will tie the knot in four weeks, the New York Post newspaper reports.
The wedding venue is being kept secret, but it is expected the 'Lucy' star will either marry in her fiance's native Paris, or in the Hamptons, where they have been spending most of the summer.
Scarlett and Romain were joined at the dinner - which marked the launch of $400-a-bottle Dom Pérignon's P2-1998 champagne - by the likes of Howard Stern and his wife Beth Ostrosky, Katie Couric, Matt Lauer, Barbara Walters, Rachel Zoe and Harvey Weinstein.
The 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' star has admitted she would probably "wing it" on her big day.
She said previously: "I don't plan anything. I'm terrible at planning. Yeah, I'm not gonna plan anything - I like to wing it!"
Scarlett - who was married to Ryan Reynolds from 2008 until 2011 - previously admitted she finds it "easier" to date someone not in the public eye.
She said: `"It is [easier to be with someone who isn't famous], but it's more than that. We do different things. He's [Romain] in the whole art-scene world. So it's nice, because we can enjoy each other's worlds, but we don't have our crazy conflicting schedules and all that other stuff to contend with."

Must Read

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes continues gig after fan hurls phone at him mid‑show

Bring Me The Horizon frontman Oli Sykes was left dismayed onstage on Monday night (11.05.25) after a fan hurled a phone at...

Football’s Coming Home (Again): Three Lions roars back for 30th anniversary as England chase World Cup glory

Baddiel, Skinner and the Lightning Seeds are reuniting with the nation’s favourite football anthem as Three Lions (Football’s Coming Home) celebrates its...

Gracie Abrams unveils third album Daughter From Hell

Gracie Abrams has unveiled details of her third studio album, Daughter From Hell. Set for release on July 17,...