Tuesday, February 17, 2026

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...
Home Royal

Royal

Duchess of Cornwall goes Christmas shopping


Britain's Duchess of Cornwall went Christmas shopping yesterday (03.12.4).
The 67-year-old royal - who is married to Prince Charles, 66 - paid a visit to London's Fortnum & Mason store to open a special pop-up shop in support of the charity Fine Cell Work and indulged in a spot of retail therapy, the Daily Express newspaper reports.
Fine Cell Work - which is one of Duchess Camilla's favourite charities - trains prisoners in needlework and pays them up to £500 a year for the cushions, bags, tea cosies, quits and Christmas decorations they produce.
Armed with a shopping bag emblazoned with the word "swag", Camilla helped herself to a range of items from the pop-up shop before heading off in search of bargains in the rest of the posh department store.
Camilla's stepson Prince William and his wife, Duchess Catherine are among those who have received gifts made by Fine Cell Work prisoners in the past.
Charles and Camilla have been regular customers of the charity since they were gifted a needlework duck and badger on their wedding day in 2005.

Prince Harry tries his hand at stockbroking


Britain's Prince Harry has a "natural talent" for stockbroking.
The 30-year-old royal was taking part in the ICAP Charity Day, during which famous people trade on behalf of brokers with the commissions going to charity, in London yesterday (03.12.14) when a trader confessed he'd picked up the job quickly, the Daily Telegraph newspaper reports.
Speaking after Harry managed to upgrade his £25 million deal to £30 million, Alexander Blayney said: "My seller was finished selling. He [Harry] snatched the phone off me and forced him into some more for charity. He is a better broker than me, put it that way. It was class. Natural talent."
However, despite being told he could swap his career in the army for a job in the City, Harry admitted he couldn't understand any of the financial jargon being used by the traders, describing it as "gibberish".
After being instructed to tell someone on the phone, "Dec Jan barges BNP buys from BP 25kt plus 1/4 via ice block", Harry said: "Are you taking the mick? You are making up your own dictionary of words. I have never heard so much rubbish in my life."
The flame-haired royal also bumped into 'Homeland' actor Damian Lewis at the event, who joked he was more of a celebrity than the fourth in line to the throne.
Lewis joked: "What is it like being the second most famous redhead?"
A number of charities are set to benefit from the money raised during the day, including the England Rugby's All Schools Programme, for which Harry is patron.

Guy Pelly says filming outside Buckingham Palace was a ‘mistake’


Britain's Prince Harry's friend Guy Pelly says shooting a video of semi-naked dancers outside Buckingham Palace was a "mistake".
The nightclub manager has confessed shooting the promotional video for a Mexican-themed event at his Tonteria club in London's Sloane Square at the Royal Family's residence was an error.
The 32-year-old businessman claims he approved of the original concept for the video which was to go "round famous landmarks around London with the kind of performers that perform at the club", but insists he did not agree to filming outside the palace - which is illegal without permission - and says there has been "repercussions".
The video was intended to give people an idea of what to expect from Tonteria's weekly club night "Muertos Monday", inspired by Mexico's Day of the Dead festival and Alice in Wonderland, and shows dancers frolicking in fancy dress in front of the palace, the Houses of Parliament, the London Eye and Harrods.
Mr. Pelly told the London Evening Standard newspaper: "Unfortunately, last week I had to be away for something and wasn't able to check the edit. The final edit was a mistake. I would have never allowed anything to happen outside Buckingham Palace."
Insisting the footage has now been taken down, he added: "Muertos Mondays will continue but the video won't be used in any other promotion."

Prince Charles questions Eamonn Holmes


Britain's Prince Charles jokingly asked Eamonn Holmes where he'd been with his wife, Duchess Camilla, after the newsreader gave her a hug.
The 66-year-old royal was visiting the Sky News studios in London with his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, 67, when they bumped into the presenter, who broke protocol by giving the Duchess a friendly hug, the Daily Express newspaper reports.
Camilla - who has met Eamonn at several royal engagements in the past - commented that they "always meet in peculiar places" to which the 'This Morning' flirtingly replied, "That's enough of that."
Upon witnessing the flirtation, Charles jokingly butted in to say: "Where have you been with my wife?"
The comical meeting took place as Charles and Camilla hosted the official opening of a new Sky academy aimed at inspiring teenagers to become broadcasters and unveiled an electronic plaque, which appeared on a screen.
Speaking as the heir to the throne pressed a button on an iPad to launch the Sky Academy Careers Lab, a royal aide said: "His Royal Highness has unveiled many plaques in his time but it is the first time he has unveiled a digital one."
During the tour of the campus, Camilla tried her hand at controlling a robot camera in the Sky Sports News HQ studio with the help of camera operator Rachel Applin.
Rachel said of the royal's effort: "She did very well, she chose her own shot and focused it."
The royal couple also split up to watch groups of children working in new mini studios acting as cameramen, presenters, directors and producers.

Richard III’s DNA suggests royal family don’t have royal bloodline


The DNA of Britain's Richard III's body suggests the royal family may not have a royal bloodline.
The body of the former King was found in a car park in Leicester in 2012 and has since been studied by genetic scientists who have now revealed that while his maternal DNA proved his identity, the male line showed that at some point in history an affair had broken the paternal chain.
Professor of English Local History at the University of Leicester, Kevin Schurer, told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "The first thing we need to get out of the way is that we are not indicating that Her Majesty should not be on the throne.
"There are 19 links where the chain could have been broken so it is statistically more probable that it happened at a time where it didn't matter. However there are parts of the chain which if broken could hypothetically affect royalty."
However, it's said to be impossible to determine when the affair took place but, if it occurred at the time of Edward III, it could call in to question whether former kings including Henry VI, Henry VII or Henry VIII had royal blood and the right to rule.
Scientists studied the descendants of Edward III, Richard III's great great grandfather, because Richard never had children, and found that their DNA doesn't match, meaning there was an illegitimate child somewhere in the family.
Professor Schurer added: "If there is one particular link that has more significance than any other it has to be the link between Edward III and his son John of Gaunt ... However you are never going to get an answer without exhuming a dead person."

Duchess of Cambridge’s family church sold


Britain's Duchess of Cambridge's childhood church is being turned into a boarding school.
The 32-year-old royal was christened at St. Andrew's church in Bradfield, West Berkshire, in the 1980s but it has now closed its doors after an "emotional" last service as it has been sold to Bradfield College, the Daily Express newspaper reports.
Secretary for The Friends of Bradfield Village, Liz Sale said: "People are really upset because it's clearly been going on a long time between the diocese, Bradfield College and our vicar, but nothing has been said to the people that live here."
Right Reverend Andrew Proud, the Bishop of Reading, conducted the last service as the 14th Century church's bells rang out for a final time after 160 years of worship.
The decision to sell the Grade II listed building came after heating the church - which is seen by many as "too big" for the number of worshippers that use it - became too expensive to maintain, with maintenance costs reaching an estimated £1.5 million.
However, money from the sale is expected to go towards the renovation of St. Peters church in the nearby Bradfield Southend, which has seen its congregation grow.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge invite Queen to Anmer Hall


Britain's Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will reportedly welcome the Queen into their private residence over the festive season.
Prince William and his wife, Duchess Catherine - with whom he has 16-month-old son Prince George - were given the country retreat of Anmer Hall in Norfolk by Her Majesty last year and are now said to have invited her to see the results of recent renovations.
A source told MailOnline: "They have worked very hard to make Anmer Hall feel like a family home."
The couple are believed to have made a number of changes to the 18th Century property to ensure greater privacy for themselves and any guests who visit.
William and Catherine, both 32, are reported to have added a conservatory, refurbished the kitchen, re-routed the driveway, expanded the accommodation in the ten-bedroom mansion and planted more trees to shield the Georgian home from prying eyes.
Duchess Catherine is also believed to have invited her own family to spend Christmas at the Grade II listed building, which has its own swimming pool and tennis courts, after she and William celebrated George's first Christmas at her parents' house in Bucklebury, Berkshire last year.
However, in keeping with tradition, William, Catherine and George will first spend Christmas Eve with the rest of the royal family at the Queen's Sandringham House, which is just two miles away from Anmer Hall.

Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie of Monaco attend AIDS Gala

Prince Albert II and Princess Stephanie of Monaco attended the 2014 Fight AIDS Monaco Auction Gala last night (01.12.14). The 56-year-old royal and his 49-year-old sister attended the event at the Salon Atlantique at the Hotel Meridien Beach Plaza in ...

Prince Harry’s bodyguards threatened Ralf Little


Britain's Prince Harry's bodyguards once threatened to break Ralf Little's arms.
The 34-year-old actor - who is best known for his roles in 'Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps' and 'The Royle Family' - made the confession as part of the 30-year-old royal's charity Sentebale's Feel No Shame campaign for World Aids Day yesterday (01.12.14).
The incident occurred in May 2011 when the actor and Prince were both watching Barcelona play Manchester United in the Champions League final at a party in London.
Explaining how he was wrestled to the floor after drunkenly launching himself at Harry to "hug him in celebration" when soccer star Wayne Rooney scored an equaliser, Little said: "They [the bodyguards] told me that if I didn't stop moving very quickly they would break both my arms."
Prince Harry himself also confessed a personal secret as part of the campaign - which aims to get people with HIV talking about it in order to educate and raise awareness in an effort to stop the virus spreading.
Revealing he gets "incredibly nervous" before giving speeches, Harry said: "Despite the fact that I laugh and joke all the time, I get incredibly nervous, if not anxious actually, before going into rooms full of people when I'm wearing a suit.
"Now I've confessed that, I'll probably be even more worried that people are looking at me."

Must Read

Zayn Malik ‘buzzing’ fans still care for him after One Direction exit as he gears up for next album

Zayn Malik is “buzzing” people still care about him following his One Direction departure. The 33-year-old singer left bandmates...

Self Esteem talks anger, gaslighting and survival in the music industry

Self Esteem has spoken candidly about self‑worth, misogyny and the realities of surviving the music industry. Reflecting on her...

Robbie Williams joined on stage by viral superfan from Take That documentary in Wolverhampton

A Robbie Williams superfan who went viral after appearing in Netflix’s recent Take That documentary reunited with the singer on stage in...