Thursday, February 19, 2026

Cruz Beckham drops latest song For Your Love

Cruz Beckham has dropped his brand‑new single For Your Love, the latest step in the rising artist’s fast‑building musical journey.
Home Royal

Royal

Mike Tindall misses jump win


Britain's Mike Tindall missed out on winning 'The Jump' by just half a metre.
The rugby player - who is married to Queen Elizabeth's granddaughter Zara Phillips - made it to the final of the celebrity winter sports competition but he and heptathlete Louise Hazel lost out on the cow bell trophy to reality star Joey Essex, who leaped an impressive 17.5m in the final jump of the series.
Joey said afterwards: "I just went for it! When it comes, I put my mind to it and I just do it, man!"
And Joey admitted he was stunned to win as he never expected to "survive" in the competition.
He said: "I thought it was going to a nightmare, I didn't think it was going to survive - growing up I found it hard to learn things, but being on the jump has proved I can."
While he was thrilled with his victory, the former 'TOWIE' star was baffled by his cow bell trophy
He said: "I never thought I'd be able to ski, let alone get to the final, and never thought I'd own a medal, let alone a cow bell.
"What is a cow bell by the way? Does it mean I need to get a cow?"
Earlier in the evening, Jon-Allen Butterworth and Chloe Madeley were both eliminated from the competition after the air jump.
Louise Thompson then lost out with a jump of 15m after Joey leapt 15.5m in his first-ever jump on the show.

Queen Elizabeth’s body double had good legs


Britain's Queen Elizabeth's Olympics body double had to prove she had "good" legs before getting the job.
Julia McKenzie, 72, stood in for the monarch in certain parts of a sketch for the 2012 London Games Opening Ceremony - which featured Daniel Craig as James Bond visiting the queen at Buckingham Palace before they boarded a helicopter and parachuted into the stadium - and admitted landing the prestigious role was all dependent on her showing the director her ankles.
Julia told the Daily Telegraph newspaper: "We filmed over a few days at Buckingham Palace and I couldn't breathe a word to anyone.
"I'd worked with the director before and she thought it was something I'd be prepared to do, but she did say she had one proviso; she'd have to see my legs - because the Queen actually has very good legs and they'd be on show getting into the helicopter."
And Julia wasn't the only person selected because of her legs as stuntman Gary Connery - who was sewn into a replica of the salmon dress the queen was wearing and parachuted out of the helicopter - previously admitted he was chosen because of his limbs.
Asked why he was chosen for the jump, he has said: "Good question. I think they liked my legs. I've got Queen-style legs."

Prince Charles likes Wolf Hall


Britain's Prince Charles is a fan of 'Wolf Hall'.
The 67-year-old royal bonded with author Hilary Mantel - who wrote the novels the series is based on - as he presented her with a damehood for services to literature on Friday (06.02.15) and admitted he has been tuning into the historical drama, which stars Mark Rylance as Thomas Cromwell and Damien Lewis as Henry VIII.
Hilary said: "We talked about the television series of Wolf Hal. He is enjoying [it] very much."
The 62-year-old author laughed off reports Charles' own household is nicknamed 'Wolf Hall' due to its similarity to Henry VIII's feuding court.
She said: "I couldn't possibly comment on that!
"I think there may be an element of exaggeration there."
Hilary has previously been outspoken about the royal family, describing Charles' daughter-in-law Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, as a "shop window mannequin" whose only purpose is to breed.
However, she insisted this didn't impact on Friday's meeting and claimed her previous comments were taken out of context.
She said: "I think that anyone who has dealings with the press is familiar with how this can happen.
"The full text of my lecture has always been available and unfortunately what happened was that a couple of sentences were taken completely out of context and all things turned on its head.
"Far from being a criticism, it was a plea to remember she's a human being as well as a royal person. It was extremely unfortunate that it was interpreted as a personal criticism."

Prince Charles wants to build bridges with faiths


Britain's Prince Charles wants to "build bridges" between different religions.
The 66-year-old prince is expected to be sworn in as Defender of the Faith when he becomes king, and he believes part of the Christian role is to be a "protector of faiths" in the multicultural Great Britain.
He said: "I think the secret is that we have to work harder to build bridges and we have to remember that our Lord taught us to love our neighbour, to do to others as you would do to you and just to go on despite the setbacks and despite the discouragement to try and build bridges and to show justice and kindness to people."
Charles also admitted he is worried about the "alarming extent" of radicalisation of young people and thinks the volume of "crazy" information available on the internet is "frightening".
He told BBC Radio 2's 'The Sunday Hour': "Well, of course, this is one of the greatest worries, I think, and the extent to which this is happening is the alarming part.
"And particularly in a country like ours where you know the values we hold dear.
"You think that the people who have come here, [are] born here, go to school here, would imbibe those values and outlooks.
"The frightening part is that people can be so radicalised either through contact with somebody else or through the internet, and the extraordinary amount of crazy stuff which is on the internet."
Charles' own charity The Prince's Trust have been working to combat radicalisation by finding "constructive" things for young people to do.
He said: "What I have been trying to do all these years with the Prince's Trust is to find alternatives for adolescents and people at a young age, for constructive paths for them to channel their enthusiasm, their energy, that sense of wanting to take risks and adventure and aggression and all these things.
"But you have to channel them into constructive paths."

Cara Delevingne wants to interview Queen Elizabeth


Cara Delevingne wants to interview Britain's Queen Elizabeth.
The 22-year-old model, who tried her hand at being a journalist when she interviewed Kim Kardashian West for the latest issue of LOVE magazine, has revealed she would love to have a one-on-one chat with the 88-year-old monarch.
Speaking about who she'd most like to interview, Cara - who was previously rumoured to have dated the queen's grandson Prince Harry - said: "Stephen Fry. When you interview someone, you want it to be published because you want it to be out there. But in a way, I'd like to interview him and it not be [published]. Because knowing it's going to be is always in the back of your mind when you're answering questions. I just want to get as close to the truth of possible.
"Oh, and the Queen. I'd love to interview the Queen. She would be the best."
The blonde-beauty also defended the Kardashians - with whom she's grown to be close pals - insisting people's ideas of celebrities would change if they could get to know them.
She explained to the Sunday Times newspaper: "Everyone has a particular idea of them [the Kardashians], often negative. Yet they don't even know them. I wanted to crack that. I wanted to do a completely honest interview.
"With every single famous person, you have preconceived ideas. Usually, if you don't like them, it's just because you don't know them."

Prince Charles ‘enjoying’ watching Wolf Hall


Britain's Prince Charles is a fan of 'Wolf Hall'.
The 66-year-old royal expressed his interest in the BBC adaptation of Hilary Mantel's novels about the life of Henry VIII's powerful fixer Thomas Cromwell while making the author a Dame, despite a biography recently claiming his household is nicknamed after the "treacherous" world depicted in her books.
According to the Daily Telegraph newspaper, Mantel said: "We talked about the television series of 'Wolf Hall', which he is enjoying very much."
Asked if she could imagine the Prince of Wales' household being similar to that of Henry VIII's in her novel, she added: "I couldn't possibly comment on that! I think there may be an element of exaggeration there."
The comparison was made in Time magazine journalist Catherine Mayer's new biography 'Charles: The Heart of a King', which was published yesterday (05.02.15) and claimed Clarence House is so plagued by backstabbing and in-fighting that employees refer to it as Wolf Hall.
Prince Charles - who is married to Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall - carried out the inauguration as his mother the Queen quietly marked the 63rd anniversary of her ascension to throne and the anniversary of her father George VI's death at her home in Sandringham.
Meanwhile, Dame Hilary previously caused controversy in 2013 when she suggested Charles' daughter-in-law, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, was a "shop-window mannequin" whose only purpose was to breed.
However, she's now defended her comments insisting she was misunderstood.
She said: "Far from being a criticism, it was a plea to remember she's a human being as well as a royal person. It was extremely unfortunate that it was interpreted as a personal criticism."

Sweden’s Princess Madeleine criticised for waving


Sweden's Princess Madeleine has been criticised for waving.
The 32-year-old royal has come under fire from the editor of Swedish Radio's local P4 Gävleborg station, Leif Eriksson, for refusing to answer journalists' questions during her tour of the town of Gävle with her husband Christopher O'Neill.
According to Sweden's The Local, he wrote in an open letter to the Royal Court: "The Princess systematically refuses to allow time for media interviews and questions. To constantly avoid interviews is not in line with Swedish democracy nor in line with what the Royal Court claims to be: a modern monarchy.
"Waving and smiling is not enough and seeing yourself as above democracy and openness is incomprehensible."
However, the Royal Court's press officer Margareta Thorgren has hit back at the claims and insists the brunette beauty - who has an 11-month-old daughter, Leonore, and is expecting her second child this summer - had previously made it clear she would be unable to answer a lot of questions due to her busy schedule
Margareta added Princess Madeleine was surprised to have received the letter and claimed they are "very open" compared to other European royal families.
She told Swedish Radio News yesterday (05.02.15): "These kinds of visits are preceded by extensive planning and the schedule is busy. She did answer some of the journalists' questions, even though we were clear about the fact that this was not a media opportunity. We try to be as open as we can, but of course we have listened to the criticism.
"Our royal family is very open compared to other royal families in Europe. But of course there are areas in which we can improve."

Prince Charles shows of creative skills

Britain's Prince Charles has been showing off his creative skills. The 66-year-old royal tried his hand at engraving as they visited London Craft Week yesterday (05.02.15), much to his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall's delight, who giggled as she watch...

Britain’s Prince Harry set to inherit country estate


Britain's Prince Harry is reportedly in line to inherit his father, Prince Charles' country estate in Gloucestershire.
According to a new unofficial biography 'Charles: Heart of a King', by Catherine Mayer, the 66-year-old royal would 'love' his 30-year-old son to take the property in Gloucestershire off his hands.
It is said the house named Highgrove, near Tetbury, is one of Prince Charles' proudest achievements after he restored its organic garden and is keen for Harry to take over after his oldest son Prince William, set up his own home at Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
Catherine quotes an unidentified source as saying: 'William seems to have chosen to live up in Norfolk, and yet his father has spent so long building [Highgrove] that I'm sure he would love one of his sons to inherit.
"It's a father's expression of immortality. It embraces his commitment to sustainable farming and to the world of the botanical, the natural world, and then he's got his Islamic garden there so it's an expression of his interests."
Prince Harry has previously gotten into trouble at the property after he was caught smoking cannabis aged 16 in the grounds.

Must Read

The Pogues drummer Andrew Ranken dead at 72

The Pogues have announced the death of their longtime drummer, Andrew Ranken. The 72-year-old musician, who played drums, percussion,...

MUNA unveil fourth album Dancing On The Wall

MUNA have confirmed details of their highly anticipated fourth album, Dancing On The Wall, set for release on May 8.

Noah Kahan announces Netflix documentary, Out Of Body

Noah Kahan has teamed up with Netflix on the documentary Out Of Body. After recently announcing his fourth studio...