Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...
Home Royal

Royal

Britain’s Prince Harry pays tribute to late soldier


Britain's Prince Harry paid tribute to a late soldier with a "beautiful" letter.
Cheryl Routlege lost her son Corporal Liam Riley in 2010 when he was hit by a roadside bomb while serving in Afghanistan with the 3rd Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment in 2010.
The family and the Prince had yet to meet in person after he penned the letter - where he called the Corporal a "legend" - but they finally got the chance after they both attended a reception at the Guildhall, London.
During their exchange, he asked the family: "How did you find me down here?"
Before adding: "It is very good to meet you at last. When I said Liam was a legend, I meant it."
Prince Harry and the late Liam had gotten to know each other whilst training together for three months in Canada in 2007 and whilst nothing could bring back her son, Cheryl felt the Prince's words were a "huge comfort" to all the family.
She said: "I just wanted to be able to thank him for what he said about Liam. His words were a huge comfort to us all at a very difficult time.
"Harry said that, although they had no known each other for long, some three months or so, he knew instantly that Liam was 'a legend' and what a great bloke he was...
"He talked to me about the pain he felt after his own mother died and how he came to terms with his grief.
"It was a beautiful letter, written from the heart, and something that touched me and brought me enormous comfort at the time. It is something I will always treasure."

Prince Edward meets students in Surrey

Britain's Prince Edward met students in Surrey, South West England, during a tour to see various youth activities. The 51-year-old royal met pupils from schools in Ewell, Epsom and Leatherhead after being invited by Surrey County Council chairman Davi...

Pippa Middleton not offered Today deal


Pippa Middleton hasn't been offered a contract to be a correspondent for 'Today' after auditioning for the US TV show.
The 31-year-old socialite - the sister of Duchess Catherine, the wife of Britain's Prince William - had filmed a test segment for the programme last November, reporting from a hoedown dance in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and if it went well she was set to become a reporter.
Although NBC bosses were unimpressed with her report from the hoedown, they are still keen to have her as part of the show or even another project but are now trying to come up with a new role for her.
Suggested roles include using Pippa for sports or lifestyle segments, utilising her background in party planning.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: "NBC executives very much like Pippa, but they want to find the role most appropriate for her. The last thing NBC News needs right now is another Chelsea Clinton, a correspondent with a large salary, high profile and no particular purpose ... Talks are still ongoing with Pippa's team, but they have recently slowed down."
Pippa was first considered for a correspondent position on 'Today' after she gave an interview with Matt Lauer last June which proved very popular with viewers.
Due to her connections to the British royal family through her sister Catherine - previously known as Kate Middleton - Pippa is not allowed to comment on them and in particular her sibling and William's life together.

Princess Mary and Prince Frederik film to have sex scenes


A TV movie which focuses on the romance between Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary is set to contain sex scenes depicting the couple.
The film is being developed for Australian network Channel 10 by Freemantle and as well as showing the relationship between Mary and Frederik it will also focus on her seven-year romance with ex-boyfriend Brent Annells - who she met in college, split from in 1998 and ran the company Kingcash with.
Although neither Mary or Brent have ever publicly discussed their life together, the film will shed light onto their relationship and will not hold back when it comes to bedroom scenes in either of the princess' relationship. Danish magazine Her & Nu reported: "We've learned the manuscript contains sex and love scenes."
A spokesperson for Network Ten told Daily Mail Australia: "We've not started casting or shooting at all for Princess Mary, or even seen any scripts."
A spokesman for Freemantle added: "It will get people talking."
'Mary: The Making of a Princess' which tell Tasmanian-born Mary's life story up until her marriage to Frederick in 2004.
The pair first met in a Sydney bar during the 2000 Olympics and embarked on a long-distance relationship. They have four children, Prince Christian, nine, Princess Isabella, seven, and four-year-old twins Princess Josephine and Prince Vincent, together.

Prince William and Duchess Catherine hiring housekeeper


The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are hiring a new housekeeper.
The royal couple are adding to their team of staff at their Anmer Hall home in Norfolk, East England, and have placed an advert in The Lady magazine, renowned for being the publication to place adverts for domestic service and child care needs.
Prince William and Catherine - previously known as Kate Middleton - require an individual whose "discretion and loyalty is paramount" and who has a "current valid UK driving licence".
The advertisement reads: "Housekeeper sought for a large family home in Norfolk. We are looking for someone with previous housekeeping experience, ideally within a large private house, and preferably within a family environment with dogs.
"Main duties will include: cleaning all areas of the house to a high standard; caring for and maintaining the home owners' clothing; cleaning silverware and glassware; purchasing groceries and general provisions for the house; and dealing with deliveries."
The successful applicant will also occasionally be responsible for caring for William and pregnant Kate's 19-month-old son Prince George and their pet dog Lupo.
The advert continues: "On occasions, the role will also involve the preparation of meals, assisting with childcare and caring for dogs."
The couple are also offering "self-contained" accommodation with the position which is suitable for a couple. There is no mention of salary.
William, 32, and Kate, 32, have made Anmer Hall their main home, choosing to base themselves at the property rather than Kensington Palace in London. The reason for their decision is that second-in-line to the British throne William will begin work as an air ambulance pilot with East Anglia Air Service in the summer and their two helicopters fly from Cambridge and Norwich airports which are both located within 50 miles of Anmer Hall.

Elizabeth Hurley inspired by Princess Diana


Elizabeth Hurley based her 'Royals' character on the late Princess Diana.
The 49-year-old actress knew there was no point in looking to Queen Elizabeth, 88, for inspiration for her portrayal of Queen Helena because the age difference is too big, so turned to the monarch's former daughter-in-law - who died in a Paris car crash in 1997 - and popular fictional villains for ideas.
She said: "I wanted her to look like a modern queen, though, because you know, we don't have a modern queen. Our queen's fantastic, but she's in her 80s, so we couldn't pull from that for inspiration, so I thought, 'What if Princess Diana had lived? What would she have looked like now because she's only a few years older than me?'
"So, we kind of took a bit of inspiration from her looks wise and then personality wise, I just pulled on every villain I'd ever seen, including Joan Collins in 'Dynasty,' who comes in as my mother, Cruella De Vil, you know, Maleficent, all those fabulous big villains, I pull them."
Elizabeth insists the show isn't based on the UK royal family, but thinks they would enjoy the programme if they tuned in.
She told 'Access Hollywood': "Nobody could confuse this with real life. I think if we should be so lucky that the real Royal family [tunes] in, and I think they will, they'll know it's fiction and so I think they'll just take it as it comes.
"I'm hoping they'll love it. I think they'll see it for what it is. It's a fun romp with some gravitas as well. There is suspense. There [are] important things going on as well as the fun."

Prince Charles jokes with Simon Cowell


Britain's Prince Charles joked with Simon Cowell at The Prince's Trust Celebrate Success awards on Thursday (12.03.15).
His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales attended the annual ceremony - sponsored by Samsung - to celebrate the work of his charity, and joked with celebrity ambassador guest, 'X Factor' judge Simon Cowell.
Addressing the audience at the end of the star-studded ceremony - which was held at Leicester Square's Odeon cinema in London - the 66-year-old royal joked the set they were using for the event had been borrowed from the music mogul's annual singing competition.
He said: "I wanted to thank him [Simon] for providing what I think is the 'X Factor' set, which is the nearest I'm going to get to it I suspect. But it really is incredibly generous of him."
During the event, seven young people were presented with awards celebrating the barriers they have overcome to turn their lives around; however, the prince used the occasion to remind guests about the people who still need to be helped by the charity.
He said: "My Trust, I hope some of you know, support 58,000 disadvantaged young people very year to overcome unimaginable odds, and personally I couldn't be more proud that since 1976 we've supported 828,000 on the last count, vulnerable young people, to turn their lives around.
"However, on a day like this it's important not to forget the hundreds of thousands of young people out there who urgently need our help."
Other celebrity ambassador guests in attendance included 'Maggie May' singer Rod Stewart and 'House of Cards' actor Kevin Spacey, while the audience was treated to performances from Ella Henderson and James Bay.

Prince Charles backed Samsung’s #StandTall campaign on Thursday (12.03.15)


Britain's Prince Charles backed Samsung's #StandTall campaign on Thursday (12.03.15).
The campaign was created to support the Prince's Trust Celebrate Success Awards and aimed to help empower young people who have been supported by the charity, which the 66-year-old royal founded in 1976.
Russell Taylor, CMO, Samsung Electronics UK and Ireland said: "As part of Samsung's ongoing commitment to supporting young people, we are extremely proud of our partnership with The Prince's Trust. With the #StandTall campaign we are celebrating the achievements of so many inspirational young people and raising awareness of the fantastic work The Prince's Trust does day in, day out."
As part of the drive, the ceremony's hosts Ant and Dec organised a mass selfie, encouraging guests including young people, celebrity ambassadors and supporters of the charity to stand tall in solidarity.
As well as sharing the image online, the company used its Piccadilly Circus screen in London to display images of young people in the Young Achiever of the Year category to help the inspirational finalists to #StandTall across the capital.
The annual ceremony - which was sponsored by Samsung - highlights the remarkable achievements of disadvantaged young people who have overcome challenges with the help of the charity to turn their lives around.

Prince William promised tree disguise

Britain's Prince William promised to return to China dressed as a tree. The 32-year-old royal - who undertook a solo visit to the Far East earlier this month - spoke to photographer Xi Zhinong during his trip and asked him how he manages to capture su...

Must Read

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...