Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...
Home Royal

Royal

Prince William gives woman kiss after Irish Guards’ parade


Prince William gave a kiss to a woman who had previously received a peck from his father Prince Charles during his royal engagement with the Irish Guards on Tuesday (17.03.15).
The Duke of Cambridge and his wife Duchess Catherine went to the regiment's barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire, South East England, to attend the troops' annual St. Patrick's Day Parade.
After the couple watched the two hundred soldiers from the First Battalion Irish Guards marching on the Parade Square and Catherine upheld the 144-year-old royal tradition of presenting shamrocks to the officers and guardsmen, they then met with the soldiers, other guests and families.
Army wife Susan Crittenden - who lives at a nearby barracks - got to meet the prince and showed him a photo of her with his dad Charles when she was introduced to him during a visit to Caterham barracks 13 years ago.
In the picture, Susan, 49, is shown holding her then-two-year-old son Reece - who is now 15 - and revealed the heir-to-the-throne had given her a kiss on the cheek and when she asked William if he would do the same, the royal heartthrob was more than happy to oblige.
According to reports, she said: "I told him I had a kiss from Prince Charles and he said, 'My goodness.' And when I asked him for a kiss I got one. He was very charming."
Catherine - who is eight months pregnant with the couple's second child, a sibling for Prince George - met with several young cadets and told them she was delighted to see so many girls and women involved.
During the meet-and-greet, William, 32, enjoyed a pint of Guinness to mark the celebration of the patron saint of Ireland, while his wife opted for just a glass of water.

Queen Elizabeth meets David Gandy at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home


Queen Elizabeth met with model David Gandy when she opened a new set of kennels at Battersea Dogs and Cats Home on Tuesday (17.03.15).
The British monarch was the guest of honour at the unveiling of the Mary Tealby Kennels - named after the women who founded the London animal shelter in 1860 - and was introduced to various celebrities in attendance including Amanda Holden, Paul O'Grady and fashion hunk Gandy.
The queen grinned broadly as Gandy bowed to shake her hand the 35-year-old star admitted afterwards it was a total "honour" to be introduced to the ruling royal.
In a posting on his Instagram account, he wrote: "An honour to be part of the opening of the new Mary Tealby Kennels at @batterseadogsandcatshome. Even greater honour to meet Her Majesty the Queen (sic)"
Before meeting with the other guests, the queen was introduced to Beama the corgi - the breed of dog she is famous for owning.
The adorable 12-year-old pooch - a recent return to the shelter - was dressed in a Union Flag for the big occasion and presented by Battersea ambassador O'Grady to the queen. His handler Ali Taylor told the monarch he was keen to join the other corgis at her homes.
Taylor said: "He would quite like Windsor Castle. Or Buckingham Palace. He's not really that fussy."
Fellow Battersea ambassador Holden then cheekily asked: "Are you are not tempted to take a corgi home?"
To which the queen replied: "Maybe. Not at the moment."
'Britain's Got Talent' judge Holden asked her husband Prince Philip the same question, prompting the answer: "What Corgi?"
Philip then turned to Gandy, another Battersea supporter, and said: "Have you got a Corgi?"
And the model answered: "No, sir, but I am tempted."
Elizabeth, now 88, owns less dogs now than she used to. Her pack of pooches are now made up of corgis Willow and Holly and two dorgis Candy and Vulcan - who are a corgi/dachshund cross breed.
Before leaving the royal couple were presented with gift bags for their pets filled with toys and treats for their mutts.
As we was handed the gifts, Philip quipped: "Gives new meaning to the phrase doggy bag!"

Prince Charles arrives in Washington for visit


Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall have arrived in Washington as they start their three-day US visit.
The couple have touched down in the American capital ahead of their meeting with President Barack Obama at the White House.
The political leader is due to hold informal talks with Charles and Camilla in the oval office.
The 66-year-old heir-to-the-throne will begin his trip with a visit to the National Archives on Wednesday (18.03.15) where he will view the United States' 'Charters of Freedom' and the 1297 version of the Magna Carta - a treaty that is part of the American Bill of Rights and the Constitution and that marks its 800th anniversary this week.
The eco-friendly prince will also deliver a speech to staff of several major companies, government officials and leading environmental organisations about the long-term damage being done to the world's oceans and seas by plastic waste.
Camilla, 67, will also be carrying out some solo duties, one of the highlights being a tour of Washington's Shakespeare Theatre Company.
They are also scheduled to spend a day visiting Kentucky to mark 150th anniversary of the end of the American Civil War and the death of President Abraham Lincoln.
The trip is the couple's third official visit to the US together and British ambassador Sir Peter Westmacott has stated the trip will "showcase the best of the transatlantic relationship" between America and the UK.

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit Irish Guards


The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge watched the Irish Guards perform their St. Patrick's Day Parade on Tuesday (17.03.15) - but the duchess had some trouble with a dog that was part of the event.
The British royal couple went to the regiment's barracks in Aldershot, Hampshire, South East England, to witness the annual tradition and during the event Duchess Catherine upheld the 144-year-old royal tradition of presenting shamrocks to the officers and guardsmen.
However, when Catherine - who is eight months pregnant with the couple's second child - had to tie a shamrock onto the collar of regimental mascot Domhnall, a three-year-old Irish wolfhound, she couldn't do it.
After Catherine made several failed attempts to attach it, Quartermaster, Major Paul Fagin took over and tied the sprig onto Domhnall's collar but as the mutt walked away with his handler the shamrock fell off.
Afterwards Catherine, 33, said with a laugh: "It didn't stay on very long."
Domhnall had prepared for his meeting with the royal - formerly known as Kate Middleton - with a breakfast of tea and toast and the pooch had been promised a pint of Guinness later in the day which celebrates Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland.
Prince William presented a Little Hero medal - an honour created for the children of service personnel who served in Afghanistan - to six-year-old Alex Rowland, whose father Staff Sergeant Craig Rowland served there last year with the Irish Guards.
In return the second-in-line to the British throne was presented with a bib for his unborn baby and some crayons for his 19-month-old son Prince George by young Alex.
William, 32, is Colonel of the Irish Guards Regiment and wore an Irish Guards frock coat and ceremonial sword for the day.
Catherine was dressed in a brown Catherine Walker coat and Lock & Co hat and a gold shamrock brooch given to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother by the Irish Guards.
Two hundred soldiers from the First Battalion Irish Guards marched onto the Parade Square their Mons Barracks base to mark the special day.
After the ceremony was over, William and Kate met with families and the soldiers in an erected marquee and the prince enjoyed a pint of Guinness, while Kate refreshed herself with a glass of water.

Buckingham Palace visitors to get state treatment

Visitors to Buckingham Palace will be given dignitary treatment as part of the new Royal Welcome attraction. The visitor experience will allow tourists going to the residence - the official home of Britain's Queen Elizabeth - to enter the state rooms ...

Prince Harry praised by General Sir Nicholas Carter


Prince Harry has been praised for being an outstanding soldier by General Sir Nicholas Carter following his announcement he is leaving the army this summer.
Sir Nicholas, Chief of the General Staff, has paid tribute to the British royal describing him as a skilled and ultra professional officer who never wanted to be treated differently from his colleagues, despite being the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II.
In a statement, the officer said: "Captain Harry Wales, as he is known affectionately in the army, has achieved much in his 10 years as a soldier. He has been at the forefront throughout his service. He has insisted on being treated the same as his peers. His first deployment with his regiment, The Household Cavalry, to Helmand in 2008 was as a Forward Air Controller. This was a job that demanded skill, judgement and professionalism. Qualities he showed still further when he decided to transfer to the Army Air Corps. This led to his second tour in Helmand as an Apache helicopter pilot, where once again he was at the forefront of the operation, selflessly supporting those on the ground."
Sir Nicholas reserved his biggest praise for Harry's work with wounded service personnel and the active role he played in creating the Invictus Games, the sporting event for injured military men and women.
He added: "It is probably (Harry's) work during the past two years, which has brought him the most pleasure and fulfilment - the highlight being the extraordinary Invictus Games last year ... He has raised their profile through the care he has shown them and they admire him hugely ... We wish him the very best for the future, we thank him for his service, and we look forward to his continuing involvement with his regiments and with our wounded."
Harry's final assignment for the army will see him join the Australian Defence Force for four weeks in April in May. He will spend time in Darwin, Perth and Sydney to "gain an appreciation of the Australian Army's domestic operating environment and capabilities".

Prince Harry heading to Africa after the army


Prince Harry will carry out voluntary work in Africa for his first post-army role.
The 30-year-old British royal announced today (17.03.15) he will leave the army in June following a decade of service, which saw him complete two tours of Afghanistan.
Kensington Palace has now revealed he will fly to sub-Sahara Africa in the summer and spend several weeks working with charity projects.
A spokesman said: "Prince Harry will spend a period of summer carrying out a programme of voluntary work alongside field-based conservation experts in Africa. He will focus his time learning how local communities in sub-Saharan Africa are working to protect and conserve their natural resources and wildlife."
In September, Harry will return to the UK where he continue his work with the Personal Recovery Unit in London to help rehabilitate injured service men and women.
The Kensington Palace spokesman added: "In Autumn, Prince Harry will return to work in a voluntary capacity with the Ministry of Defence's Recovery Capability Programme, while actively considering other longer term employment opportunities.
"Prince Harry will continue to support Case Officers at London District's Personal Recovery Unit, working with both those who are administering and receiving physical and mental care within the London District area. This will enable him to continue developing his knowledge of the entire recovery process, placing him in an informed position to further support wounded, injured or sick servicemen and women into the future."
Harry has been widely praised in all quarters for the major role he played in creating the Invictus Games, a sporting event which wounded military personnel can compete in.
Kensington Palace also confirmed that Harry will continue to support the work of Queen Elizabeth and the royal family and will be carrying out numerous duties in the future.

Big bets placed on March baby for Duchess Catherine


A flurry of bets have been placed on Duchess Catherine having her baby in March.
The British royal - formerly known as Kate Middleton - is believed to be due to give birth to her and husband Prince William's second child in March, but following the betting pattern bookmake Paddy Power have decided to cut the odds.
The odds for a March baby were 6/1 but have now been changed to 9/2.
A Paddy Power spokesperson said: "If our punters are anything to go by then Kate could be dropping the most talked about No 2 in history in just a matter of weeks."
It seems there are a lot of royal mad punters out there as wagers have been placed on a variety of bets, with the majority going on what the sex of William and Kate's next child will be.
Most gamblers believe the couple - who are already parents to 19-month-old Prince George - are having a girl with 80 percent of gender bets being placed on a pink baby.
Paddy Power are also taking bets on baby names with the odds on Elizabeth - after William's grandmother Queen Eliizabeth - at 6/2 followed by Charlotte at 9/2.
Philip - the same name as William's grandfather Prince Philip - is the favourite for a boy's name at 12/1 while at 100/1 you can go for monikers like Nigel, Boris and Camilla.
The bookmaker are also accepting wagers on what the baby will weigh. Prince George entered the world at 8lb 6oz when he was born in July 2013, and Paddy Power are offering odds of 11/8 that his sibling will weigh-in between 7lbs and 8lbs 15oz or 8/1 that the baby will weigh in at 10lbs or more.
And as anticipation builds about the newest addition to the royal family, bets are now being taken on the colour of Kate's post baby attire with blue and pink both topping the market at 4/1, while a more sombre black look is at 10/1 and brown the unlikely outfit choice at 20/1.

Prince Harry to leave the British Army


Prince Harry has announced he is leaving the army after 10 years of service.
The British royal - Queen Elizabeth's grandson and currently fourth-in-line to the throne - will cease being a military man in June after completing a four-week assignment with the Australian Defence Force.
In a statement released today (17.03.15), Harry said: "After a decade of service, moving on from the army has been a really tough decision. I consider myself incredibly lucky to have had the chance to do some very challenging jobs and have met many fantastic people in the process.
"From learning the hard way to stay onside with my Colour Sergeant at Sandhurst, to the incredible people I served with during two tours in Afghanistan - the experiences I have had over the last 10 years will stay with me for the rest of my life. For that I will always be hugely grateful.
"Inevitably most good things come to an end and I am at a crossroads in my military career. Luckily for me, I will continue to wear the uniform and mix with fellow servicemen and women for the rest of my life."
After completing his officer training at Sandhurst military college, the prince - known as Captain Harry Wales in the army - undertook his first tour of Afghanistan in late 2007 before qualifying as an Apache attack helicopter pilot. Harry then completed a second tour of Afghanistan as a helicopter pilot between September 2012 and January 2013.
He then stepped away from front line service to take on an office job last year.
Once he has left the army, Harry is expected to take on more charity work and royal duties and is also believed to be considering utilising his helicopter pilot skills for one of the emergency services just like his brother Prince William, 32.
William - who is second-in-line to the throne after his father Prince Charles - served as an officer in the army and as an RAF search and rescue helicopter pilot and he will begin work as an air ambulance pilot with East Anglia Air Service in the summer.
Harry will also continue his work with injured military service personnel and will be heavily involved with the Invictus Games, the sporting event he created last year for wounded servicemen and women. It is expected to take place again in 2016.
Speaking about his future, Harry said: "I am considering the options for the future and I am really excited about the possibilities ... so while I am finishing one part of my life, I am getting straight into a new chapter. I am really looking forward to it."

Must Read

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...