Saturday, November 28, 2020

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan’s charity is ‘already an operating organisation’

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex’s non-profit organisation, Archewell, is “already underway”. The royal couple have not yet...
Home Royal

Royal

Prince William and Charles to tackle wildlife trade


Britain's Prince Charles and Prince William are planning on tackling the illegal wildlife trade.
The Prince of Wales and Duke of Cambridge will team up for a series of events which take place throughout February as part of a week-long awareness campaign in London.
A joint video message will be released on February 9 where they will discuss their concerns in a bid to help protect animals.
Following this, on February 12 the younger royal will make an appearance at the United for Wildlife Symposium at the Zoological Society before attending a reception at the National History Museum.
William and Charles will attend the London Conference on the Illegal Wildlife Trade on February 13 which will be hosted at Lancaster House in the West End.
The pair have recently been busy with other commitments.
William is currently studying a 10-week agriculture course at Cambridge University which is designed to prepare him for the day he inherits the vast Duchy of Cornwall estate.
Meanwhile, Charles visited the ravaged county of Somerset, South West England yesterday (04.02.14) where he pledged his financial support through the Prince's Countryside Fund charity, donating £50,000 to aid flood victims.

Duchess Catherine pens foreword for RAF book


Britain's Duchess Catherine has written a foreword for a book about Royal Air Force wives.
The brunette beauty has contributed to 'Living in the Sliptstream: Life as an RAF Wife' which is a collection of stories told by women who are married to servicemen, due for release in May.
The Duchess of Cambridge - known as Kate Middleton before she wed Prince William - admits she was "anxious" yet felt "proud" while husband William worked as a Search and Rescue helicopter pilot based at RAF Anglesey for three years.
She wrote: "I loved my time in Anglesey. But I can't pretend I didn't feel anxious when William was flying in challenging conditions, but he loved it and I felt incredibly proud of him."
Louise Campbell, a representative for Book Guild Publishing, thinks Catherine's contribution has "amazing credibility".
She told E! News: "The three editors of the collection are all RAF wives themselves, and I think that they just felt that obviously it would lend the book some amazing credibility to have a forward by somebody that's obviously in the public eye, but is also an RAF wife herself."
Book Guild Publishing added: "These women reveal, in their authentic voices and colorful portraits, what life as an RAF wife is really like.
"When a whole family can be required to up-sticks and move with almost no notice, when rank pulls favour even at home, and when things go comically wrong during a royal visit."

Duchess Catherine’s guard leaves files on plane


A policeman guarding Duchess Catherine while she travelled to the Caribbean left "secret" documents on a plane.
The file was found on the British Airways Boeing 777 jet which the Duchess of Cambridge and her six-month-old son Prince George boarded on their way to St Lucia before they caught a private plane to Mustique, according to The Sun newspaper.
Police have reportedly confirmed the mistake but insist the file did not contain any classified information.
This was the Duchess of Cambridge's - known as Kate Middleton before she wed Prince William - first holiday with George and she joined her family who were celebrating mother Carole Middleton's 59th birthday.
The brunette beauty was spotted leaving the plane carrying the tiny tot and although there were a number of people around them they managed to "escape their attention".
A source previously said: "Kate left the plane carrying her son like any other proud new mother. Everyone in her party had huge smiles on their faces as they walked across the tarmac to take a second, smaller plane, which took them on to Mustique.
"There were lots of other tourists surrounding them, but the Duchess and her little boy escaped their attention."
William was missing from the trip, having stayed behind in the UK to complete a 10-week-long agricultural course at Cambridge University.

Queen Elizabeth to visit France this summer


Britain's Queen Elizabeth will mark the 70th anniversary of the D-Day Landings by a visit to France this June.
The 87-year-old monarch and Prince Philip will attend events in Normandy to commemorate June 6, 1944 when the Western Allied forces initiated an operation to liberate mainland Europe from Nazi occupation during World War II.
The royal couple will be guests of President Francois Holland - who the queen has not officially met before - at the Elysee Palace in Paris.
The queen's communications secretary said in a statement issued by Buckingham Palace: "Her Majesty and His Royal Highness are visiting at the invitation of the President of France, President Hollande."
The queen served as a mechanic in the Auxiliary Transport Service during the war while the prince was lieutenant in the British navy.
Elizabeth's last state visit to France was in 2004, which is the same year she attended the 60th anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy.
The last official state visit by a French President to the UK was by Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife Carla Bruni in 2008.

Queen Elizabeth will meet Pope Francis in Italy


Britain's Queen Elizabeth will meet with Pope Francis at the Vatican during her official visit to Italy.
The 87-year-old monarch - who is the head of the Church of England - and Prince Philip are set to visit Rome this April where they will enjoy a private lunch with Italian president Giorgio Napolitano before meeting the leader of the Catholic Church.
A statement issued by Buckingham Palace says: "The Queen, accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, will visit Rome on Thursday 3 April.
"Her Majesty and His Royal Highness are visiting at the invitation of the president of Italy, President Napolitano.
"The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh will visit the presidential palace where they will attend a private lunch hosted by the president.
"Following the private lunch Her Majesty and His Royal Highness will have an audience with His Holiness Pope Francis at the Vatican."
Although the queen hasn't met Francis since he was elected in March 2013 she's made three previous visits to the Vatican in 1961, 1980 and 2000, where she's greeted Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II.
The trip was originally planned for last year but Elizabeth fell ill and was forced to drop out.

Prince William reunited with baby George


Duchess Catherine and Prince George have returned home from their holiday in Mustique.
Duchess of Cambridge - known as Kate Middleton before she wed Prince William - and her sixth-month-old son joined her family on the Caribbean island to celebrate her mother Carole Middleton's 59th birthday which falls on January 31 last week.
Since then Catherine and George have been reunited with William who stayed in the UK where he is currently doing a 10-week agriculture course at Cambridge University.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "They enjoyed their break immensely but of course they missed having William with them.
"He will be very glad to have them home, a week away from your baby is a long time and of course he will have missed little George."
The Middletons, who also include Catherine's father Michael, brother James and sister Pippa, will no doubt have been spoiling the newest member of the family on the luxury trip.
Catherine was previously spotted disembarking from a Boeing 777 plane on her way to the luxury island while she carried a wriggling baby George in her arms, and appeared to have escaped her fellow passengers' attention.
A source said: "Kate left the plane carrying her son like any other proud new mother. Everyone in her party had huge smiles on their faces as they walked across the tarmac to take a second, smaller plane, which took them on to Mustique.
"There were lots of other tourists surrounding them, but the Duchess and her little boy escaped their attention."

Prince Charles visits Somerset


Britain's Prince Charles will visit Somerset today (04.02.14).
The 65-year-old royal will meet residents in the village of Muchelney and Langport in Somerset Levels, South West England who have been dealing with the devastating consequences of floods which have affected their homes and businesses.
Charles' is conducting the visit as patron of the Prince's Countryside Fund - an organisation which supports rural projects and offers funds during a crisis - and it is hoped his stay will give the locals the chance "to make their views very, very clear".
Sky News's royal correspondent Paul Harrison said: "They [the flood victims] feel as though their voices aren't being heard. With Charles here today, that will give them a chance to make their views very, very clear.
"We'll see him by hook or by crook with the help of a 4x4 and a boat seeing people who've been cut off.
"These will be very public moments with people because they will be on camera but what we do know is that Prince Charles will also be doing private visits."
The Prince of Wales' trip comes after head of the Environment Agency (EA) admitted they hadn't done as much as they "should have" to deal with the flooding.
Lord Smith told Sky News: "We probably haven't done as much as we should have done up to now and I regret that - but we've had very difficult choices to make."

Prince Charles donates £50,000 to Somerset


Britain's Prince Charles has donated £50,000 to aid flood victims in Somerset.
The Prince of Wales visited the ravaged county in south west England today (04.02.14) and pledged his financial support through the Prince's Countryside Fund charity.
Victoria Elms of the Prince's Countryside Fund said: "Rural communities in the south west are facing a second consecutive year of flooding.
"The Prince's Countryside Fund exists to support the people who live and work in the countryside and we hope this financial aid will go some way to supporting the farmers, businesses and families who are facing severe hardships as a result of the flooding.
"Rural businesses are key to thriving communities and we want to help get hard-hit villages back on their feet and open for business."
In an adventurous trip, the 65-year-old royal reached the village of Mucheleney by police boat and later travelled by tractor along the flooded roads to witness the devastation caused by the flooding.
Speaking at a reception, Prince Charles declared that it was a "tragedy" that more hadn't been done to aid victims of the flooding in Somerset.
He said: "There's nothing like a jolly good disaster to get people to start doing something. The tragedy is that nothing happened for so long."

Must Read

Duke and Duchess of Sussex enjoying ‘quality time’ with son

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are making the most of "quality time" with their son. The couple are...

Duke and Duchess of Sussex enjoying ‘quality time’ with son

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are making the most of "quality time" with their son. The couple are...

Princess Eugenie named royal patron of Scoliosis Association UK.

Princess Eugenie is now the Royal Patron of the Scoliosis Association UK. The 30-year-old royal was announced as the...