Sunday, August 16, 2026

Rockers The Reytons are challenging girl group FLO for No.1 this week

The Reytons are holding off girl group FLO in the midweeks of the Official UK Album Chart in the fight for this...

Latest Posts

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Prue Leith: I worried I wouldn’t be on Bake Off amid pandemic

Prue Leith worried ‘The Great British Bake Off’ bosses wouldn’t be able to afford her health insurance amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The 80-year-old judge feared she wouldn’t be able to take part in this year’s baking competition as she is vulnerable to the virus due to her age, but Channel 4 bosses assured Prue she would be on the new series.

She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I began to feel guilty about being so old and then the ‘Bake Off’ publicist said, ‘Nonsense!’ So I didn’t worry about it, but I would have understood.

"I mean, if they’d said, ‘Look, insurance is going to cost a fortune because you’re too old…’ I would have understood it. But I have to say, it turned out not to be true."

The show returned last week after production was postponed due to the pandemic, but bosses were able to relocate the ‘Bake Off’ tent from Berkshire to Essex.

All 12 contestants, judges Prue and Paul Hollywood, and presenters Noel Fielding and Matt Lucas isolated together in a biosecure bubble for seven weeks in Down Hall Hotel.

And Prue loved spending time with 130 cast and crew members in the Essex bubble, which they were not allowed to leave until filming had finished.

She recalled: "It was a little bit like being on a Butlin’s holiday camp or something. We all socialised – more than I have ever done in my life. And it was extraordinary.

"You wouldn’t think you could do that in a sort of socially-distanced Covid time. But it was partly because we were in this complete bubble. I mean, I never felt safer."

Luckily the tent’s new home was placed on 115 acres of land which had enough room for her to walk off all the tasty treats she had sampled.

She explained: "And that was great for Bake Off too, because they had space to put the tent and that was exactly as it always is and then we had Paul and Matt and Noel and I had little shepherd huts for green rooms. And then there were the makeup tents and the wardrobe, which were actually in big winnebagos and then there were another whole set of kitchens – 12 kitchens for the bakers to practice in.

"I didn’t put on any weight, but that may have been partly the dog walking. But also I never ate lunch. I would have yoghurt for breakfast."

Latest Posts

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Don't Miss

The Weeknd ditches retirement plans: ‘I’ll be here forever with you’

The Weeknd is no longer planning to retire after he "tested" it out. The 36-year-old singer-songwriter - whose...

Oasis ‘invite Andy Burnham’ to Don’t Look Back in Anger documentary premiere

Oasis are said to have invited UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham to the premiere of the Don't Look Back in Anger documentary...

Morrissey cancels Las Vegas residency because of ‘unforeseen logistical circumstances’

Morrissey has cancelled his Las Vegas residency due to "unforeseen logistical circumstances". The former Smiths frontman was due to...

Junior Andre to release new music

Junior Andre is preparing to release new music, three years after his last single. The 21-year-old son of Peter...

Ariana Grande to film London shows for concert special

Ariana Grande will film her London shows for an upcoming concert special. The 33-year-old singer will kick off a...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.