Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...

Latest Posts

Dashboard Confessional member quits after eight-year run

Dashboard Confessional drummer Chris Kamrada has announced he’s leaving the band after almost a decade. In a heartfelt Instagram...

Red Hot Chili Peppers actively working on first album in four years

Red Hot Chili Peppers are quietly gearing up for their next chapter. With his own solo debut Honora arriving...

Yungblud’s Idols II is landing tomorrow – with six new tracks

Yungblud has officially confirmed the long‑anticipated second chapter of his ambitious concept project, Idols. The new instalment will arrive digitally on Friday...

Unheard Van Halen material is in progress as Alex Van Halen reveals search for singer

Alex Van Halen has confirmed work is underway to bring unreleased Van Halen material to life. The 72-year-old drummer...

Prince Charles’ letters to be published


The letters Britain’s Prince Charles wrote to the government are to be published.

The Supreme Court were asked by the Guardian newspaper to determine whether the Attorney General’s office acted unlawfully when it prevented their publication in 2012, and it’s ultimately been decided they should be released.

Clarence House said it was "disappointed the principle of privacy had not been upheld".

Meanwhile, David Cameron – the prime minister – said the decision was "disappointing", but he would now try to work out how best to release the document.

He reflected: "This is about the principle that senior members of the royal family are able to express their views to government confidentially. I think most people would agree this is fair enough."

Now, the government has 30 days to prepare the publication of the 27 letters – written to seven government departments between 2004 and 2005 – which have been cleared for publication by the Supreme Court.

Alan Rusbridger, editor-in-chief of Guardian News and Media, said: "The government wasted hundreds of thousands of pounds trying to cover up these letters, admitting their publication would ‘seriously damage’ perceptions of the prince’s political neutrality.

"Now they must publish them so that the public can make their own judgement.

"This is a good day for transparency in government and shows how essential it is to have a fully independent judiciary and free press."

Latest Posts

Dashboard Confessional member quits after eight-year run

Dashboard Confessional drummer Chris Kamrada has announced he’s leaving the band after almost a decade. In a heartfelt Instagram...

Red Hot Chili Peppers actively working on first album in four years

Red Hot Chili Peppers are quietly gearing up for their next chapter. With his own solo debut Honora arriving...

Yungblud’s Idols II is landing tomorrow – with six new tracks

Yungblud has officially confirmed the long‑anticipated second chapter of his ambitious concept project, Idols. The new instalment will arrive digitally on Friday...

Unheard Van Halen material is in progress as Alex Van Halen reveals search for singer

Alex Van Halen has confirmed work is underway to bring unreleased Van Halen material to life. The 72-year-old drummer...

Don't Miss

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...

‘I’m just scared of them!’ Lewis Capaldi reveals unusual phobia

Lewis Capaldi has a phobia of sea life. The 29-year-old has been battling his unusual and irrational fear of...

Jimmy Eat World have tried to ‘disassociate’ from their emo pioneer legacy

Jimmy Eat World "completely disassociate" from their legacy as emo pioneers. The Middle hitmakers are set to embark on...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.