Monday, August 10, 2020

We don’t need nudity in movies, says Timothy Dalton

Timothy Dalton thinks sex scenes and nudity are "not necessary" in films. The former James Bond star has seen...

Latest Posts

Janelle Monae on fighting for social justice: ‘It’s time to get uncomfortable’

Janelle Monae thinks it's time for people to "get uncomfortable" and stand up to social injustice. The 34-year-old actress...

The campaign presses on: Kanye West publishes his presidential platform

Kanye West has published his presidential platform. Earlier this year, the 43-year-old rapper announced he was planning on running...

‘The most wonderful daughter’: Kylie Jenner’s family celebrate her 23rd birthday

Kris Jenner has dubbed Kylie Jenner the "most wonderful daughter" in honour of her 23rd birthday. The Kylie Cosmetics...

‘We’re all okay’: Rachael Ray insists she and her family are fine after horror fire

Rachael Ray has assured fans she's "okay" after a huge fire ripped through her home over the weekend. The...

Paul Weller: The world wasn’t ready for my house record

Paul Weller says people "weren’t ready" for his house record.

The 62-year-old rocker and his 80s pop band The Style Council originally attempted to release their 1998 album ‘Modernism: A New Decade’ in 1989, nine years before it finally saw the light of day, and Paul has now claimed the reason for the long delay was because record label Polydor wasn’t "ready" for a deep house record.

He said: "Polydor definitely weren’t ready for it, and probably our audience at the time might not have been, but it’s hard to say.

"It was a bit of an underground sound still at that time, it wasn’t mainstream in any way. Years later I can sort of see their thinking – that doesn’t mean I agree with it – but of course the influence and house music in general has just kept going, even now it’s still banging drums, man.

"But that’s what it was at the time and you have to accept it."

And although Paul had to wait nearly a decade for the record to be released, he says he has "no ill feelings" about the decision, because "the whole business is different" now.

The ‘Wild Wood’ musician – who released his latest solo album, ‘On Sunset’, through Polydor on Friday (03.07.20) – added: "It’s funny though, because I can remember when I was first at Polydor, all them years ago, everyone was always older than me.

"Now all their team is at least 20 years younger, but I like that. I really love a lot of the artists they’ve got on their roster as well [Billie Eilish, Celeste, Sam Fender] so that was good enough for me."

When it comes to the future, The Modfather – who was also the lead songwriter in The Jam – doesn’t have a clear plan, as he just wants to continue doing things that make him happy.

Speaking to BBC News, he said: "I love just making music, making records. I don’t wish for anything else to be honest with you."

Latest Posts

Janelle Monae on fighting for social justice: ‘It’s time to get uncomfortable’

Janelle Monae thinks it's time for people to "get uncomfortable" and stand up to social injustice. The 34-year-old actress...

The campaign presses on: Kanye West publishes his presidential platform

Kanye West has published his presidential platform. Earlier this year, the 43-year-old rapper announced he was planning on running...

‘The most wonderful daughter’: Kylie Jenner’s family celebrate her 23rd birthday

Kris Jenner has dubbed Kylie Jenner the "most wonderful daughter" in honour of her 23rd birthday. The Kylie Cosmetics...

‘We’re all okay’: Rachael Ray insists she and her family are fine after horror fire

Rachael Ray has assured fans she's "okay" after a huge fire ripped through her home over the weekend. The...

Don't Miss

JK Rowling visits museum of magic

JK Rowling visited a museum of magic on her holidays. The 'Harry Potter' author has been enjoying a family...

Louis Theroux takes toilet power naps

Louis Theroux takes power naps on the toilet. The 50-year-old documentary filmmaker has revealed he used to sneak off...

Jeremy Vine suffered workplace ‘burnout’

Jeremy Vine suffered "burnout" 10 years ago. The 55-year-old presenter - who has two daughters with wife Rachel Schofield...

Paul Gascoigne film in the works

A film about Paul Gascoigne is in the works. Movies bosses are looking for an actor who will play...

Kem Cetinay ‘quits Don’t Rock the Boat’

Kem Cetinay has quit 'Don't Rock The Boat'. The 24-year-old star was expected to be one of the 12...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.