Monday, October 25, 2021

My Chemical Romance’s Welcome the Black Parade nearly got cut

My Chemical Romance's 'Welcome to the Black Parade' nearly didn't make 'The Black Parade'. The emo rock outfit's frontman...

Queen Elizabeth will be joined by other royals on public engagements

Queen Elizabeth will be joined on future public visits by another member of the royal family to avoid letting people down in...

BTS star V injures leg, will perform sat down at Permission to Dance gig

BTS star V will be performing sat down at their 'Permission to Dance' show after injuring his leg. The...

Tony Visconti says David Bowie’s Toy is a ‘ghost album’

Tony Visconti has described David Bowie's 'Toy' as a "ghost album". The previously unheard collection - which was recorded...

Ed Sheeran and Eminem bonded over cassette tapes

Ed Sheeran and Eminem became pen-pals after bonding over cassette tapes. The 30-year-old Grammy-winner and the 'Lose Yourself' rapper...

Latest Articles

Vicky Pattison: I’m not a ‘vile monster’


Vicky Pattison insists she's not a "vile monster" after being convicted of assault.
The 'Geordie Shore' star - who was sentenced on Monday (03.02.14) for attacking a young model with her stiletto shoes in a nightclub last July - is deeply remorseful over her actions and claims the incident, which resulted in 18-year-old model Hannah Kelso requiring four stitches, was a "mistake".
Vicky lamented to the Daily Star newspaper: "I'm so sorry. I'm not a vile monster. I'm just a normal girl who made an awful mistake."
The 26-year-old MTV star flung her stiletto in Hannah's direction, wrongly believing the teenager had thrown ice at her during a night out in Newcastle's Florita's Bar. The shoe hit both Hannah and security guard Victoria Burns, whose lip was cut in the fray.
Vicky said: "If I could go back to that night I wouldn't recognise the person who did those things. It wasn't me. I would implore them to understand that I am human just like they are. I have so much regret. I made a mistake."
The brunette beauty blames her wild behaviour on her failed engagement to fellow 'Geordie Shore' star Ricci Guarnaccio, 25.
She added: "My relationship with Ricci was draining and I wasn't in a good place. I was so frustrated, angry and utterly exhausted."
Vicky was ordered to complete 180 hours of unpaid work and pay both her victims compensation in court on Monday.
MTV hasn't made a decision on whether Vicky will return for the new series of 'Geordie Shore' following the incident.

Steven Moffat teases five-year Sherlock wait


Steven Moffat has claimed fans may have to wait "four or five years" for more 'Sherlock'.
The TV scribe, who writes the show with Mark Gatiss, teased avid viewers of the hit BBC One crime drama, suggesting they could be in for a long wait to discover how villain Moriarty - played by Andrew Scott - is still alive.
The criminal mastermind, who was believed to have killed himself at the end of series two, reappeared following the credits of last month's third series finale.
Steven said: "That was in the cutting room ... Mark just decided we would use a little bit of it. It was just a final little treat really just to wind people up.
"I was as surprised as anyone when he turned up. He was definitely dead. You can't fake shooting yourself in the face. The back of his head came off.
"I don't know what is going on. I can't wait for four or five years until we make the next episode."
Meanwhile, 'Sherlock' stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman revealed that a gay club scene was cut from Watson's stag party in the latest series.
Martin told fans during a panel at the Apple Store in London's Regent Street: "There was the gay club scene. Why didn't that get in? We got mullered in a gay club and all these topless guys were going by."
Benedict added: "[Sherlock] had no idea why we were there and what it was, and they were all walking past and then I realised."

Kylie Jenner in trampolining accident


Kylie Jenner was rushed to hospital after a trampolining accident.
The 'Keeping Up With the Kardashians' star sought medical help yesterday (04.02.14) after a bouncing competition with her half-sister Khloé Kardashian got a little too out of hand.
It is not known what injuries the 16-year-old beauty sustained during the play fighting sequence, but she was not seriously hurt as she took to her Instagram page to share details of the accident.
She posted a picture of herself clutching her nose, which was accompanied with the caption: "In the hospital thanks to @khloekardashian. (Look at her page for the reason why).
"My mom said "never thought I would take u to the doctor for a trampoline accident at this age) this means war Khloe (sic)."
However, Khloé, 29, hit back at her younger sibling, claiming she injured herself by falling over.
She posted a series of four pictures on her Instagram account, which saw the pair bouncing on the trampoline together, before Kylie tumbled and Khloe is seen holding her back.
She wrote: "Kylie this is proof you did it to yourself! Sorry not sorry! Just kidding I am sorry my little bug a boo!! Let the war continue!!!! (sic)."

Perrie Edwards ready to wed


Perrie Edwards doesn't think she's too young to get married.
The 20-year-old Little Mix singer is engaged to One Direction hunk Zayn Malik, 21, and she says they "know" they are ready to settle down and commit themselves to one another.
Perrie told 'Access Hollywood': "We're young, but I think when you know, you know.
"We've been together for a while now, so it is nice."
Perrie - who got engaged to Zayn last August after almost two years of dating - says she and the 'Little Things' hitmaker get nothing but support from their respective fans.
She added: "The fans have been amazing, they are so supportive of us."
While the couple haven't yet set a wedding date, Zayn's mother, Trisha Malik, recently said she expects them to tie the knot later this year.
Speaking in December she said: ''Perrie is a lovely girl and I get on really well with her.
"They're thinking of the end of next year, although no date has yet been set yet.
"If they have children I wouldn't like to be so far away from them. I would really like to still be part of their lives."

Justin Bieber given trial date

Justin Bieber is to appear in court next month. The 19-year-old singer has been given a trial date of March 3 by a Miami-Dade County judge over charges of driving under the influence (DUI), resisting arrest and driving with an invalid license. The tr...

Bill Murray: Matt Damon prank was good


Bill Murray loved seeing Matt Damon "victimised" by George Clooney.
The 'Monuments Men' actor-and-director pranked his co-star by secretly having the wardrobe department take in his clothes every week and Bill admits the entire set were in on the joke.
He said: "The only one who got victimised was Matt Damon. He got Damon pretty good with his uniform. Taking his pants in a quarter-in every week...
"The rest of us just got to enjoy that because we all knew and we'd see him in just firing those abs, really firing them to try and keep those trousers up.
"You'd go 'That's great, do you want to do another set?' and you could see him go like, 'Oh my muscles are fatigued, I'm good', that was good."
Despite falling victim to the prank, Matt insists he had a great time working on the film - which follows an Allied group who try and save pieces of art and other items of cultural importance before their destruction by Adolf Hitler - because everyone was so professional.
He told 'Entertainment Tonight': "It's not that we were like yucking it up or toasting marshmallows on the set or anything, it was really because we've all made a lot of movies and everybody independently appreciated being on a movie where the script was so good, the director knew what he was doing and was in control and where we had fellow cast members who were experienced enough to know that's as good as it gets and it was a best experience for all of us in that way."
And another star of the film, John Goodman says it was one of the best movie-making experiences he has ever had.
He said: "It was probably the most fun I've ever had working on a film. There was a lot of good down time. Swapping lives, telling stories. George was so professional, he had his work done ahead of time."

Matthew McConaughey cast in Sea Of Trees


Matthew McConaughey will star in 'Sea Of Trees'.
The 44-year-old actor has been cast as a suicidal American who becomes friends with a Japanese man, played by Ken Watanabe, who is lost near Mount Fuji, which is the highest mountain in Japan located on Honshu Island, according Variety.com.
Gus Van Sant will direct while Chris Sparling is penning the script and Life Of Pi's Gil Netter is producing.
McConaughey, who has been nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of a real-life AIDS victim in 'Dallas Buyers Club', previously revealed he's made a conscious decision not to take a part in another romantic comedy, after appearing in 'How To Lose a Guy In 10 Days' and 'Failure to Launch'.
He said: "I'm not going to carry on doing the same thing over and over. I was reading romantic comedies. And I liked them. But I wanted to do something that scares me a little bit.
"The first move was saying 'no' to scripts. That was six months of 'no' and then a year of nothing. And something happened. I gained anonymity and suddenly it became a good idea for William Friedkin [director] to call about 'Killer Joe' or Steven Soderbergh about 'Magic Mike'."
McConaughey who currently stars in 'Dallas Buyers Club' and 'The Wolf Of Wall Street' will next be in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi film 'Interstellar'.

Prince performs secret London gig


Prince performed a secret gig in Camden, London last night (04.02.14).
The star appeared on stage shortly after 12.30am backed by his new 3rdeyegirl band featuring guitarist Donna Grantis, bassist Ida Nielsen and drummer Hannah Ford Welton.
He opened the show with 'I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man' and although he was showcasing new material from his forthcoming 'Plectrum Electrum' record he included a cover of 'Play That Funky Music' and the classic 'I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man'.
Prince and his backing band played to a crowd of 300 people and as news broke queues began to form outside Electric Ballroom.
He ended the gig saying: "You sound like ten thousands. We love each and every one of you."
Before adding: "We'll be back tomorrow."
Earlier in the day the musician hosted a press conference at in the living room of singer Lianne La Havas who he met last year during her tour of America.
Following the event Prince's manager Kiran Sharma wrote on Twitter: "Just finished w the most amazing press conference I've ever been to! 2 songs by @3RDEYEGIRL. THANK U @liannelahavas 4 being a generous host! (sic)"
The 24-year-old singer met Prince last year during her tour of America and afterwards they jammed together at his Paisley Park Studios in Minneapolis.
Dates and ticket details are yet to be announced for his eagerly-anticipated gigs.

Clean Bandit want Craig David collaboration


Clean Bandit want Craig David to come out of retirement for a collaboration.
The 'Rather Be' hitmakers are enjoying their second week at the top of the UK Official Singles Chart and have admitted they'd love to work with the 'Re-Rewind' singer whose last album 'Signed Sealed Delivered' was released nearly four years ago.
Lead singer Grace Chatto said: "Craig David is the singer we'd love to work with most. It's controversial, maybe, but he's got a great voice. We're big into that old UK garage sound and Craig was the best."
Although they haven't managed to coax him out of retirement in time for their debut album 'New Eyes' - which is set to be released on May 12 - they have been working with another garage legend, 'Greater Love' singer Elizabeth Troy.
Grace told the Daily Star newspaper: "Elizabeth is now with us all the time and we just made a track called 'Heart On Fire' with her that's a garage tribute."
The electronic quartet - which also features Jack Patterson, Luke Patterson and Milan Neil Amin-Smith - have also collaborated with other artists who help the album feature a mixture of different genres.
Grace added: "There's a song we've written with a US rapper called Lizzo ... one with Stylo G that's got a dance hall element to it.
"It's a big hotchpotch of different styles but a constant sound runs right through it."

Taylor Swift joined by Danny O’Donoghue at O2 Arena


Taylor Swift was joined on stage by The Script's Danny O'Donoghue at London's O2 Arena last night (04.02.14).
The 23-year-old singer surprised fans at her third 'Red' tour gig in the city by bringing out the former 'The Voice' mentor as her surprise guest.
Taylor told the crowd: "One of my favourite things about coming to the UK is that I've discovered bands that have become some of my favourites. There's a band I first heard when I came over here ... They have a really great lead singer - it's Danny O'Donaghue from The Script!"
The pair performed a duet of the Irish band's hit song 'Breakeven' to rapturous applause, with Taylor thanking the crowd for being the "craziest yet".
The country starlet - who was supported by new boy band The Vamps - kicked off the show with her 'Red' album opener, 'State of Grace', before launching into popular title track 'Red'.
Amid costume changes and gravity-defying stage antics, Taylor powered through her best songs from her latest album, including 'I Knew You Were Trouble' and grand finale 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together', as well as a handful of old favourites like 'Mean' and 'Love Story'.
The singer also explained her fascination with the colour red, which featured prominently in the elaborate theatre-themed staging and her various sparkly get-ups.
She said: "I bet a lot of you are wondering why there's a fixation on this one colour. When I was writing my last album I came up with the idea of comparing feelings to colours and there was this one that represents all the emotions; love, hate, jealousy, passion ... If you had to pick one colour that's intense, fleeting, beautiful and sad all at once when we fall in and out of love it would be red."
Taylor's 'Red' tour continues on Monday, February 10 and Tuesday, February 11.
To coincide with her residency at The O2 Arena, the British Music Experience - which is situated inside the O2 - are showcasing select items from Taylor's wardrobe alongside photographs by Christie Goodwin in a pop-up exhibition.
Admission to 'Taylor Swift: A Photo Experience' is included within the price of a museum ticket, and costs just £4 to ticket holders for her O2 shows during the duration of her residency.
The exhibition runs until 23 March.

Chili Peppers defend unplugged Super Bowl set


Red Hot Chili Peppers have defended their decision not to plug in their instruments at the Super Bowl.
The band - who were joined Bruno Mars for a rendition of 'Give It Away' during the American football game on Sunday (02.02.14) - sang live but pre-recorded the rest of their set.
In a statement, bassist Flea said: "When we were asked by the NFL and Bruno to play our song 'Give It Away' at the Super Bowl, it was made clear to us that the vocals would be live, but the bass, drums and guitar would be pre-recorded.
"I understand the NFL's stance on this, given they only have a few minutes to set up the stage, there a zillion things that could go wrong and ruin the sound for the folks watching in the stadium and the TV viewers. There was not any room for argument on this, the NFL does not want to risk their show being botched by bad sound, period. (sic)"
Flea and guitarist Josh Klinghoffer were seen strumming on their electric instruments but neither were plugged in.
They joined singer Anthony Keidis and drummer Chad Smith on stage, while eagle-eyed musicians took to Twitter to tell fans they were not playing live.
Blues artist Joe Bonamassa tweeted: 'Flea ... I mean we all know, but for god's sake at least try to humor the children.'
Meanwhile, Living Colour guitarist Vernon Reid posted: "That guitar is plugged into NOTHING."

Duchess Catherine’s guard leaves files on plane


A policeman guarding Duchess Catherine while she travelled to the Caribbean left "secret" documents on a plane.
The file was found on the British Airways Boeing 777 jet which the Duchess of Cambridge and her six-month-old son Prince George boarded on their way to St Lucia before they caught a private plane to Mustique, according to The Sun newspaper.
Police have reportedly confirmed the mistake but insist the file did not contain any classified information.
This was the Duchess of Cambridge's - known as Kate Middleton before she wed Prince William - first holiday with George and she joined her family who were celebrating mother Carole Middleton's 59th birthday.
The brunette beauty was spotted leaving the plane carrying the tiny tot and although there were a number of people around them they managed to "escape their attention".
A source previously said: "Kate left the plane carrying her son like any other proud new mother. Everyone in her party had huge smiles on their faces as they walked across the tarmac to take a second, smaller plane, which took them on to Mustique.
"There were lots of other tourists surrounding them, but the Duchess and her little boy escaped their attention."
William was missing from the trip, having stayed behind in the UK to complete a 10-week-long agricultural course at Cambridge University.