Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Offspring working on new album for a decade

The Offspring have been working on 'Let The Bad Times Roll' for almost a decade. This will be the...

Latest Posts

Prince Philip honoured by BAFTA

Prince Philip was honoured as the EE BAFTA Film Awards opened on Sunday (11.04.21). The Duke of Edinburgh passed...

Prince Philip honoured by BAFTA

Prince Philip was honoured as the EE BAFTA Film Awards opened on Sunday (11.04.21). The Duke of Edinburgh passed...

London Grammar star Hannah Reid nearly quit music two years ago

London Grammar’s Hannah Reid was ready to quit music two years ago. The 31-year-old singer felt she “wasn’t cut...

Joel Corry slid into RAYE’s DMs

Joel Corry slid into RAYE's DMs. The 31-year-old DJ approached RAYE, 23, via social media to ask her...

Olly Alexander: Years and Years was destined to be a solo project for ‘a long time’

Olly Alexander says Years & Years was destined to be his solo project for a while.

The pop trio – which originally formed as a five-piece in 2010 – revealed last month that the 30-year-old singer will continue to front the band on his own without Mikey Goldsworthy and Emre Turkmen.

And the ‘It’s A Sin’ star has admitted they knew for a “long time” that this is where they were heading because the way they make music was no longer compatible, though Olly insisted there is no bad blood between him and his ex-bandmates.

He told Zoe Ball on BBC Radio 2: “We’ve had the most incredible time but we changed so much in that time. As human beings our lives had changed and the way we made music changed.

“When we announced that it was just going to be me moving forward that was kind of a long time coming for us and nothing bad had happened, there was no drama or anything, but as people we just decided to do our things, really, and that was it.”

Olly has just dropped his debut solo single under the Years & Years moniker, ‘Starstruck’, and has teased he’s finishing up a new LP.

The group – whose debut album ‘Communion’ was released in 2015 – said of their future in their statement in March: “Dear Y&Y fans… There’s been some changes that we want to fill you in on.

“This upcoming new album has been an Olly endeavour and we’ve decided that Years & Years will continue as an Olly solo project.

“The three of us are still good friends. Mikey will be part of the Y&Y family and play with us live and Emre will focus on being a writer/producer.

“These past 12 months have been crazy for us all and we want to thank you for the love and support you’ve given us over the years (& years).

“New Y&Y music will be coming this spring.”

Originally, the band – whose second record ‘Palo Santo’ dropped three years ago – also featured Noel Leeman and Olivier Subria, who both left in 2013.

Latest Posts

Prince Philip honoured by BAFTA

Prince Philip was honoured as the EE BAFTA Film Awards opened on Sunday (11.04.21). The Duke of Edinburgh passed...

Prince Philip honoured by BAFTA

Prince Philip was honoured as the EE BAFTA Film Awards opened on Sunday (11.04.21). The Duke of Edinburgh passed...

London Grammar star Hannah Reid nearly quit music two years ago

London Grammar’s Hannah Reid was ready to quit music two years ago. The 31-year-old singer felt she “wasn’t cut...

Joel Corry slid into RAYE’s DMs

Joel Corry slid into RAYE's DMs. The 31-year-old DJ approached RAYE, 23, via social media to ask her...

Don't Miss

President Joe Biden pays tribute to Prince Philip: ‘He dedicated himself to the people of the UK’

President Joe Biden has praised Prince Philip for his “decades of devoted public service” after he passed away peacefully on Friday morning...

President Joe Biden pays tribute to Prince Philip: ‘He dedicated himself to the people of the UK’

President Joe Biden has praised Prince Philip for his “decades of devoted public service” after he passed away peacefully on Friday morning...

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan pay tribute to Prince Philip: ‘You will be greatly missed’

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have paid tribute to Prince Philip following his death. The 99-year-old royal...

Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan pay tribute to Prince Philip: ‘You will be greatly missed’

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have paid tribute to Prince Philip following his death. The 99-year-old royal...

Duke of Edinburgh set to have ceremonial funeral at Windsor

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh is set to have a royal ceremonial funeral in a socially-distanced ceremony in Windsor.

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.