Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Prince Harry’s solo UK trip?

Duchess Meghan is not expected to accompany Prince Harry to the UK this summer. The couple quit as senior...

Latest Posts

Prince Philip not expected to leave hospital for ‘several days’

Prince Philip is not expected to leave hospital for "several days". It has been confirmed the Duke of Edinburgh,...

Queen decides who will take on Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s patronages

Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly already decided who will take over the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's patronages. The...

Prince William: Prince Philip is doing ‘OK’ in hospital

Prince William has revealed that Prince Philip is doing "OK" in hospital. The Duke of Cambridge said that doctors...

Duke and Duchess of Sussex help out storm-damaged shelter

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have offered support to a women's shelter which suffered storm damage. Prince Harry...

Nicole Young can’t have 1.5 million to pay security from ex Dr Dre

A court has rejected Dr Dre’s estranged wife’s request that the producer pay her $1.5 million to cover the cost of personal security.

Nicole Young had launched a bid to have the music mogul pay her the sum for various expenses, including security, because she claimed she had been receiving death threats from fans commenting on news about her high-profile divorce.

However, according to TMZ, the judge rejected her claim, in part because she got rid of the security team which Dre had hired for her.

Nicole insisted she had done that because she wanted to find her own staff as Dre was too controlling and had threatened to fire the guards if they didn’t follow his orders.

The 55-year-old rapper’s lawyer, Laura Wasser, told the court that her client is still willing to pay all of his estranged wife’s costs, including for security, before their divorce.

The judge ruled that the former attorney can select a private company for her personal protection, but they mustn’t cost more than Dre was already paying.

Nicole’s legal team also asked the judge to move up a hearing on their attorney’s fees, which was due to take place in January and sees Dre asked to pay $5 million in legal bills and costs. Their request to have the matter heard this month was rejected.

When rejecting Nicole’s arguments, the judge reportedly noted he has serious domestic violence and child custody cases to deal with, and this matter wasn’t in the same league.

However, he also advised Nicole could file for a restraining order if she felt Dre was exercising control over her.

Nicole filed paperwork to end her marriage to the rapper – whose real name is Andre Romelle Young – in June after 24 years, citing irreconcilable differences and later requested almost $2 million in temporary spousal support.

Nicole alleged in August that her estranged husband – who is worth an estimated $800 million – previously "demanded" she sign a prenuptial agreement prior to their wedding in 1996, and she was "left with no option" but to "unwillingly" sign.

She said: "I was extremely reluctant, resistant and afraid to sign the agreement and felt backed into a corner."

Nicole has also claimed Dre "tore up multiple copies of the agreement in front of me" around two to three years into their marriage.

The pair do not need to come to any child support or custody arrangements, as their kids – son Truice Young, 23, and daughter Truly Young, 19 – are both adults.

Nicole and Dre married in 1996 after meeting in the mid-1990s while she was still married to then-husband Sedale Threatt. They split in 1996 when Dre reportedly penned a romantic letter to Nicole which convinced her to leave the basketball star and pursue a romance with him instead.

Latest Posts

Prince Philip not expected to leave hospital for ‘several days’

Prince Philip is not expected to leave hospital for "several days". It has been confirmed the Duke of Edinburgh,...

Queen decides who will take on Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s patronages

Queen Elizabeth II has reportedly already decided who will take over the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's patronages. The...

Prince William: Prince Philip is doing ‘OK’ in hospital

Prince William has revealed that Prince Philip is doing "OK" in hospital. The Duke of Cambridge said that doctors...

Duke and Duchess of Sussex help out storm-damaged shelter

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have offered support to a women's shelter which suffered storm damage. Prince Harry...

Don't Miss

Prince William congratulates frontline workers on making mass Covid-19 vaccine rollout possible

Prince William has paid tribute to frontline workers and volunteers in the UK. The Duke of Cambridge jumped on...

Prince Harry ‘heartbroken’ by royal rift

Prince Harry's friend says he is "heartbroken" about his rift with the royal family. Last year, Harry, 36, and...

Rob Lowe: Don’t trust me on Prince Harry’s new hairstyle!

Rob Lowe has admitted his “credibility in news gossip is tenuous” after he claimed Prince Harry has grown a ponytail.

Duchess Camilla launches Reading Room initiative

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, thinks reading is a "great adventure". The 73-year-old royal released lockdown book lists during last...

Sarah Ferguson writes romance novel

Sarah Ferguson has written a romance novel. The Duchess of York - who was previously married to Prince Andrew...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.