Monday, May 20, 2024

Noel Gallagher ‘bang up’ for Oasis hologram show as he hails ABBA Voyage ‘unbelievable’

Noel Gallagher would be "bang up" for an Oasis hologram show after being left mind-blown by ABBA's. With a...
Home Music News

Music News

Kacey Musgraves cried hearing her song


Kacey Musgraves cried the first time she heard herself on the radio.
The singer - who won her a Grammy award recently for her debut album 'Same Trailer, Different Park' - didn't know how she'd react when she first heard her debut track 'Merry Go 'Round' being played when she was driving around Nashville with her sister.
She said: "I heard the first few licks of the song and I didn't know how it would affect me.
"I'm not always super emotional. When I heard the first part of the song, I just started bawling my eyes out. It was a very crazy, surreal, rewarding and full-circle moment.
"It was cool that my little sister was there. She had her camera so she captured the moment on film. I was just freaking out and cussing and trying not to wreck my car."
Kacey added she always knew that particular track - about the perils of small town life - was always going to be her fist single because of the reception it got when she played it live.
She added to Radio.com: "It didn't matter if I was in Texas or if I was in Scotland or New York, people were coming up to me and just saying, 'That is my life.' I've realised it's not a small-town thing -- it's a life thing. We follow in our parents' footsteps because that's what we feel like we should do until we can figure out our own thing."

Harry Styles: One Direction aren’t in same ‘league’ as The Beatles


Harry Styles admits One Direction aren't in the same "league" as The Beatles.
While the curly-haired hearrthrob thinks the band are experiencing the same levels of fan hysteria as the Liverpudlian group did in the 60s, he understands their pop songs will never compare to The Beatles' classic hits.
The 19-year-old star told Top of the Pops magazine: "We all sat and watched the film of [The Beatles] arriving in America. And, to be honest, that really was like us. Stepping off the plane, the girls, the madness. It was exactly the same as when we got there - just 50 years earlier.
"But none of us think we're in the same league as them music-wise. We'd be total fools if we did. Fame-wise, it's probably even bigger, but we don't stand anywhere near them in terms of music."
Harry says his most lavish purchase since making it big has been his house, which he is excited about finally moving into when the renovations are completed.
He added: "I bought it at the beginning of last year, then decided to move the kitchen. That turned into a bigger thing, and last time I went it was all just floorboards. The builders told me it won't be finished until early this year, so even when I finally get home I'll still be staying at a mate's house."

Beck shocked by Flaming Lips snub


Beck spent a year thinking people hated him.
The 'Loser' singer hired The Flaming Lips to support him on tour in 2002 but frontman Wayne Coye criticised him after the gigs, describing him as a "d**k", which led Beck to believe he wasn't liked in the industry.
He said: "I really don't know [why he said that]. I was very surprised, because I have a videotape of the last night where they were saying, 'I love you, this tour has changed our lives, you're a brother', so it really messed my head up. I went around for a year thinking people hated me."
The 43-year-old singer and producer believes Wayne thought he wasn't rock 'n' roll enough, but claims he was ill during the tour and struggled to perform for his fans.
He added in an interview with MOJO Magazine: "Wayne probably sensed I'm the kind of guy who cares what people think, that I don't come off as some asshole rock-star type.
"What he didn't know was that I was really sick during the tour, I had some condition and I barely had the strength to pick up a guitar.
"So after the shows, I had to go to my bunk and sleep. One show, I got food poisoning so I delayed it half an hour, which he probably thought was theatrical. But we had a good time! I was hoping afterwards that we'd do a record together."

Chad Smith challenges Will Ferrell to drum-off


Red Hot Chili Peppers' Chad Smith has challenged actor Will Ferrell to a "drum-off".
Fans often comment on how the pair bear more than a passing resemblance to each other and now drummer Chad has called Will out to see how good his musical skills are.
Earlier this week, Will made light of the similarity between him and Chad on a Reddit AMA session.
He wrote: "It has been acknowledged many times that myself and Chad Smith, drummer for the Red Hot Chili Peppers, share a resemblance to each other.
"A lot of people think that it's me playing for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. But that would be an insult to Chad Smith. The truth of the matter is there is no Will Ferrell. Only Chad Smith."
Will added: "It was great to finally clear up the fact that I am Chad Smith."
The musician then followed it up by filming a video in which he challenges the actor to a drum-off.
He joked: "Stop impersonating me! In fact ... I need you ... Drum battle, me and you. I've seen you. I've seen your skills. You don't got 'em. Let's go."
Meanwhile, Chad is auctioning off the drum kit he played at the Super Bowl last week to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
It comes after it was revealed the band didn't plug their instruments at the NFL game.

The Struts rock at sold-out London gig


The Struts raised the roof during a sold-out show at The Barfly in north London last night (06.02.14).
The band - made up of Luke Spiller, Addo Slack, Jed Elliott and Gethin Davies - are newly signed to Virgin EMI and have become one of the most talked about rising acts of 2014.
Dripping in glamour, frontman Luke commanded the stage like a true professional and the band tore through their best tracks, including 'It Could Have Been Me' and 'Put Your Money On Me'.
The band performed a rocking rendition of David Bowie's 'Rebel Rebel' and got the crowd pumped up by telling them to crouch on the floor before jumping up and down to the music.
Luke's make-up ran down his face as he flicked his wet black hair and launched into a surprise cover of Lorde's hit 'Royals'.
It went down a storm and proved the band are certainly ones to watch in coming months as they add the finishing touches to their album.
Luke has also been in the studio with celebrated musician Mike Oldfield and his vocals feature on the singer's new album 'Man On The Rocks', which was recorded at his home in the Bahamas.
Mike gushed about the young singer in a recent note posted on the band's Facebook, saying: "I have to say that Luke Spiller is the BEST vocalist I have ever worked with. He is gifted and gives everything to his performance."

Pharrell Williams wants to reunite Gallagher brothers


Pharrell Williams wants to reunite the Gallagher brothers for a collaboration.
The 'Happy' chart-topper says his dream duet would be with warring Oasis bandmates Liam and Noel Gallagher, who haven't spoken since a backstage punch-up at a French festival in 2009.
The fight put an end to the Brit pop band, with Noel founding rock group Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds and Liam fronting Beady Eye, but Pharrell is still hoping for a reconciliation.
Pharrell told BBC Newsbeat: "Who wouldn't want to work with the Gallaghers? Yeah, both of them."
The hip-hop star also revealed he would love to work with musical greats Sir Elton John and Stevie Wonder, who have been long-time inspirations for him.
Pharrell named his five-year-old son Rocket, with wife Helen Lasichanh , after Elton's 1972 track 'Rocket Man' and recently performed with Stevie, Daft Punk and Nile Rodgers at the Grammys.
The 40-year-old singer said: "I really respect Elton John's music and I'd love to do something with him. I would love to do a whole album with Stevie Wonder. That would be amazing. He doesn't need me, but it'd be amazing."

Missy Elliot is planning a comeback


Missy Elliot is set to make a comeback.
The American rapper and producer is planning her return to music nine years after releasing her last album 'The Cookbook' and has hinted she could follow in Beyoncé's footsteps and surprise fans.
In a chat with Yahoo's 'The Yo Show', Missy said: "When I create something, it's gotta be special, and it can't just be to throw something out there because I feel like I'm Missy.
"I gotta feel like what I'm giving the fans is 100 per cent and that it's game-changing. I don't just throw out microwave records."
Missy confirmed her comeback album is imminent but when quizzed about the release date, she replied: "I just ain't telling nobody when."
After stepping out of the spotlight in 2005, she began producing and lending her vocals to singles by Monica, Keyshia Cole, Jazmine Sullivan and Jennifer Hudson.
Since 2007 Missy has teased her seventh album, 'Block Party', with a handful of singles including 'Best, Best', 'Ching-a-Ling' and 'Shake Your Pom Pom' but the full record has never been released.
In 2012 she also dropped the singles '9th Inning' and 'Triple Threat', reuniting her with collaborator Timbaland.
More recently the 42-year-old star has worked with girl band Little Mix on their single 'How Ya Doin'?' last year.

Beck wrote album using a toy guitar


Beck wrote his album using a toy guitar.
The 43-year-old rock singer says he was forced to use a plastic instrument when writing his 2008 album ' Modern Guilt' after suffering a serious spinal injury, which not only jeopardised his singing ability but made holding the instrument excruciatingly painful.
Speaking to The Sun newspaper, Beck explained: "When I made 'Modern Guilt' it was really tough. I made that whole record on a toy guitar. I couldn't even sing from here [he says pointing to his waist.] And I could only sing from the neck. It wasn't the greatest time for me."
The 'Loser' hitmaker claims he was disappointed that he couldn't get back into the studio earlier after major surgery forced him to take a six year hiatus from recording music to fully recover from his injury.
Beck recalled: "I wanted to make another record and I kept thinking it was going to get better, but it took a real long time to heal. I had a lot of physical therapy and healing. I had about 20 different things done."
Meanwhile, Beck expressed his excitement ahead of the release of his new album 'Morning Phase', his first in six years, which is out on February 25.
He gushed: "I've put a lot into it and it's a record I've wanted to make for a long time. It's gratifying feeling that I finally got here."

Queen to play with Adam Lambert in US


Queen are expected to play gigs in America this summer with Adam Lambert.
Brian May has revealed the band - which also features Roger Taylor - are still working together and planning to perform with Adam Lambert replacing the late Freddie Mercury as frontman.
Brian told BBC Radio 2: "We are ongoing, we can't help it, I think we all protested too much in the sense when Freddie went and we didn't want to talk about it and didn't want to be Queen for a while.
"But after a while you realise that people wanna hear the songs and see us do things. So, no matter what you call it, Roger and I do do stuff and I think we'll be doing some more stuff this summer in fact, probably in the States."
When quizzed about who will stand in as a frontman for the band, the 66-year-old musician said: "We've been talking to Adam Lambert, you know we've already done some gigs with Adam, who is amazing."
Brian and Roger have joined forces with 32-year-old Adam, who was the runner-up on American Idol in 2009, for a number of concerts in the past.
The band are also still "good friends" with Paul Rodgers, who they formed a supergroup with in 2005, but Brian said it was unlikely they would work together anytime soon.
He added: "Paul has a career of his own and he can't do the Queen thing indefinitely."

Must Read

Grammy Award-winning saxophonist David Sanborn dies aged 78 after six-year battle with cancer

David Sanborn has died at the age of 78. The Grammy Award-winning saxophonist had spent his career playing with...

Songer explains why he has never tried to ‘chase hits’ and would rather perform album tracks

Songer has never tried to "chase hits" in his career. The 23-year-old rapper is known for his hits like...

Joel Corry reveals Kylie Minogue collaboration for new summer tracks: ‘The Queen!’

Joel Corry has been working in the studio with Kylie Minogue. The 34-year-old DJ revealed that he has collaborated...