Monday, August 17, 2026

The Kooks’ next album is ‘darker and ‘more psychedelic’

The Kooks’ next album is "darker" and "more psychedelic". Frontman Luke Pritchard has confirmed that the follow‑up to 2025’s...

Latest Posts

KATSEYE member Megan Skiendiel opens up on mental health struggles

KATSEYE star Megan Skiendiel has opened up on her struggles with mental health as two members of the girl group take time...

Ariana Grande duets with Wicked co-star at London show

Ariana Grande brought out her Wicked co-star Cynthia Erivo to sing a song from the film during her show in London on...

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Mat Baynton: Ghosts axed plague extras ahead of pandemic

Mat Baynton has revealed ‘Ghosts’ extras were dropped from playing plague victims during the coronavirus pandemic.

The 39-year-old actor – who plays ghost Thomas Thorne – explained how the BBC sitcom finished wrapping the latest series before the country went into lockdown, but the team had to axe the extras as the coronavirus had limited the number of people on set.

He told Metro.co.uk: "The irony was we were filming a storyline about how the plague came to the village when there was a village on the side of the house.

"And so on that last couple of days, we had to stand down our cast of supporting artists, about 15, 20 people who were meant to come and play pandemic victims.

"We had to call and say, ‘Don’t come and play a pandemic victim because there’s a pandemic.’ "

Co-star Simon Farnaby – who plays Julian – joked how ‘Ghosts’ will become the last "multi-character comedy" made as other shows have resumed production with a limited number of cast members on set at a time.

He said: "We’re gonna be the last multi-character comedy ever made. The Christmas special has a lot of people. We have a cast of about 20 or 30. It was almost as if we knew it was coming."

Mat added: "It was also as if it had hit headlines months before there was any official reaction."

The first series of the show – which aired last year – starred Charlotte Ritchie (Alison) and Kiell Smith-Bynoe (Mike) as a couple who inherit a crumbling mansion called Button Hall.

After being thrown out of a window from the property by a ghost that haunts the house, Alison returns to find that her bump on the head means she can see and speak to all the spirits that inhabit the home.

Latest Posts

KATSEYE member Megan Skiendiel opens up on mental health struggles

KATSEYE star Megan Skiendiel has opened up on her struggles with mental health as two members of the girl group take time...

Ariana Grande duets with Wicked co-star at London show

Ariana Grande brought out her Wicked co-star Cynthia Erivo to sing a song from the film during her show in London on...

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Don't Miss

Role Model admits he was unsure about putting girlfriend Dakota Johnson on his new album

Role Model was cautious about putting girlfriend Dakota Johnson on his new record because he likes to keep his private life out...

Blink-182 are starting work on a new album this year

Travis Barker has confirmed a new Blink-182 album is in the making. The pop punk legends' last studio album...

Nikki Sixx explain why he’ll never make another ‘full-length’ album again

Nikki Sixx doesn't "believe in making full-length records any more". The Motley Crue rocker has confessed he will never...

The Weeknd ditches retirement plans: ‘I’ll be here forever with you’

The Weeknd is no longer planning to retire after he "tested" it out. The 36-year-old singer-songwriter - whose...

Oasis ‘invite Andy Burnham’ to Don’t Look Back in Anger documentary premiere

Oasis are said to have invited UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham to the premiere of the Don't Look Back in Anger documentary...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.