Thursday, February 19, 2026

Dee Snider insists he’s ‘not dying’ after quitting Twisted Sister

Dee Snider has insisted he's "not dying" after resigning from Twisted Sister due to health issues. The 70-year-old singer...

Latest Posts

Dashboard Confessional member quits after eight-year run

Dashboard Confessional drummer Chris Kamrada has announced he’s leaving the band after almost a decade. In a heartfelt Instagram...

Red Hot Chili Peppers actively working on first album in four years

Red Hot Chili Peppers are quietly gearing up for their next chapter. With his own solo debut Honora arriving...

Yungblud’s Idols II is landing tomorrow – with six new tracks

Yungblud has officially confirmed the long‑anticipated second chapter of his ambitious concept project, Idols. The new instalment will arrive digitally on Friday...

Unheard Van Halen material is in progress as Alex Van Halen reveals search for singer

Alex Van Halen has confirmed work is underway to bring unreleased Van Halen material to life. The 72-year-old drummer...

John Hardy fabricated story about Prince William


Former Sandhurst Sergeant John Hardy has admitted he fabricated a story about a picture of Britain’s Prince William wearing a bikini in return for money.

The former military academy instructor – who is currently on trial for allegedly selling information about William and his brother Prince Harry to a newspaper – has confessed he made up the story and that the image for which he was paid £4,000 never existed.

Speaking at his trial at the Old Bailey, Hardy said: "I have not seen the picture, the police haven’t seen the picture, The Sun haven’t seen it … There is no picture.

"I’ve never seen a photo of Prince William in a bikini. I never gave a photo of Prince William to anyone."

Hardy is on trial for misconduct in public office for allegedly receiving more than £23,000 in payments in return for leaking information about the princes and others between 2006 and 2008.

Hardy claimed in court that while he was in Australia he received a phone call from the publication’s royal editor Duncan Larcombe after hearing the Duke of Cambridge had attended a James Bond fancy dress party dressed in a bikini and a Hawaiian shirt.

The former sergeant told jurors he "fabricated a story" to make it appear as though he could get a photo of the prince in the costume.

According to the Guardian newspaper he explained: "I said I’d heard about it. At the time I didn’t know [if there was a photo] and asked him to call back in an hour."

Having never provided the newspaper with the image, Hardy insists all he ever passed on was information that was already in the public domain and not confidential.

Hardy has denied committing misconduct in public office while his wife Claire – who collected a cash payment for the story after her husband allegedly told her he’d won a bet – and Larcombe, who have been charged with aiding and abetting him, have also pleaded not guilty.

Latest Posts

Dashboard Confessional member quits after eight-year run

Dashboard Confessional drummer Chris Kamrada has announced he’s leaving the band after almost a decade. In a heartfelt Instagram...

Red Hot Chili Peppers actively working on first album in four years

Red Hot Chili Peppers are quietly gearing up for their next chapter. With his own solo debut Honora arriving...

Yungblud’s Idols II is landing tomorrow – with six new tracks

Yungblud has officially confirmed the long‑anticipated second chapter of his ambitious concept project, Idols. The new instalment will arrive digitally on Friday...

Unheard Van Halen material is in progress as Alex Van Halen reveals search for singer

Alex Van Halen has confirmed work is underway to bring unreleased Van Halen material to life. The 72-year-old drummer...

Don't Miss

Rhys Ifans sings on previously unheard Super Furry Animals track

Super Furry Animals have released a previously unheard track featuring Rhys Ifans. The House of the Dragon star had...

Gene Simmons slams idea of hip hop in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Gene Simmons has insisted "hip-hop does not belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". The KISS icon...

Niall Horan is in the studio putting finishing touches on fourth album

Niall Horan is hoping to release music from his fourth album "some time this year". The former One Direction...

‘I’m just scared of them!’ Lewis Capaldi reveals unusual phobia

Lewis Capaldi has a phobia of sea life. The 29-year-old has been battling his unusual and irrational fear of...

Jimmy Eat World have tried to ‘disassociate’ from their emo pioneer legacy

Jimmy Eat World "completely disassociate" from their legacy as emo pioneers. The Middle hitmakers are set to embark on...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.