Sunday, August 23, 2026

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Joaquin Phoenix was reluctant to play the Joker

Joaquin Phoenix was reluctant to play the Joker.
The ‘Gladiator’ star is being tipped for an Oscar for his portrayal of the DC Comics villain, but needed convincing to take on the role as he didn’t want the film to become a franchise.
Joaquin explained: "I remember, like eight years ago, I was told, ‘Movies are changing. They’re not making the movies that you want to make, so you’ve got to do one of these.’
"It makes sense. It probably is a good strategy. But for me, I guess the fear was that you’d get locked into doing something repeatedly that you don’t really care about, that doesn’t motivate you or excite you."
Director Todd Phillips previously suggested that Joaquin had little interest in the comic book element of the film, which follows how comedian Arthur Fleck transforms into the Gotham City villain who is the archenemy of Batman, who is orphaned billionaire Bruce Wayne.
He said: "(Joaquin) never liked saying the name Thomas Wayne. It would have been easier for him if the movie was called ‘Arthur’ and had nothing to do with any of that stuff."
However, the 45-year-old changed his view when he got used to playing Joker, suggesting that he discussed the possibility of a sequel with Todd in the "second or third week of shooting".
Joaquin said: "In the second week or third week of shooting, I was like ‘Todd, can you start working on a sequel? There’s way too much to explore.’ It was kind of in jest – but not really.
"I basically said, ‘You could take this character and put him in any movie.’ "
It has since been reported that Todd has said to have been in discussion with Warner Bros. about a sequel.
According to Variety, the 48-year-old filmmaker is reported to have met with Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich to chat about the potential for a second film.

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Don't Miss

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.