Sunday, August 23, 2026

Kanye West to perform in Russia

Kanye West is set to stage two concerts in Russia, becoming one of the biggest stars to do so since the country's...

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

‘It’s honestly been so disheartening’: Charli XCX addresses backlash over collaborating with Sam Smith

Charli XCX has praised Sam Smith for being able to “withstand” the hateful comments they have faced online since the pair announced their collaboration.

The ‘Speed Drive’ hitmaker and the ‘Unholy’ star recently announced they are releasing the song ‘In The City’ this week, and days before the track’s release, Charli has addressed the backlash she has faced for teaming up with the star after her Instagram comments section was left with calls for her to release a solo version of the song.

Addressing the negative comments Sam has received online, Charli shared in a TikTok on Tuesday (17.10.23): “I’m about to release a song with Sam Smith, and the experience so far has been really interesting, because never in my life, have I seen somebody receive so many hateful comments online.

“It’s honestly been really disheartening, but at the same time, I’m so proud of Sam’s ability to withstand that, because I know that I certainly couldn’t withstand it.

“So I just want to say, Sam, I love you and I love our song together, and I am in awe of your strength.”

Sam is often trolled for their fashion choices and body shape and their ‘Unholy’ collaborator Kim Petras also previously praised the way they handle the nastiness.

The pop stars hit the headlines after their Grammys and BRIT Awards performances earlier this year when the pair caused a stir with their hell-themed rendition of the hit.

It led to Sam being mocked for their appearance, but Kim said the ‘I’m Not Here To Make Friends’ singer takes it all on the chin and has shown her how to deal with negativity.

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Kim said: “It was an incredible journey truly, I had so much fun with Sam and I think we together felt very strong on stage and gave each other lots of confidence.

“I feel like I’ve learned a lot from Sam regarding how to handle media and people commenting on your appearance, looks, your body. People were really harsh to Sam but I was very impressed to see how Sam handled all of that and didn’t let it get close.

“It’s so tough sometimes, you go through comments or press stuff and you’re like, oh my God everyone hates me. But give it a few hours, touch grass and breathe and let it go by.”

Latest Posts

Sir Anthony Hopkins: Music has always been a part of my life

Sir Anthony Hopkins dreamed of becoming a musician during his younger years. The 88-year-old movie star has enjoyed enormous...

Olivia Rodrigo releases 500 CD copies of Serena Joy

Olivia Rodrigo has released 500 CD copies of Serena Joy. The 23-year-old pop star decided to release the CDs...

BLACKPINK’s Jennie’s new solo EP

BLACKPINK’s Jennie is releasing a new solo EP. The 30-year-old star has announced that she will drop her digital...

Bonnaroo music festival axed for 2027

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival will be taking a “much-needed” year off in 2027. The annual festival, which...

Don't Miss

Sam Smith working on ‘more electro and intense’ new record

Sam Smith is already working on another album. The 34-year-old singer will release Hazel Eyes, the follow-up to 2023's...

*NSYNC have ‘lost’ album of unheard tracks

*NSYNC have an entire album's worth of "lost" tracks that have never been heard. The Bye Bye Bye hitmakers...

Slipknot ‘will no longer be associated’ with Sid Wilson

Slipknot have confirmed they will "no longer be associated" with Sid Wilson. It was reported three weeks ago that...

Grammys to remove Best Asian Pop award?

The Recording Academy is considering removing its Best Asian Pop Award. After BTS decided not to submit to the...

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.