Friday, August 21, 2026

Sid Wilson acknowledges Slipknot exit after 28 years

Sid Wilson has acknowledged his Slipknot exit after almost three decades. The 49-year-old keyboardist and turntablist has parted ways...

Latest Posts

Ariana Grande slams Donald Trump for using her music in anti-trans TikTok post

Ariana Grande has warned US President Donald Trump not to use her music on TikTok. The world leader -...

Ticketmaster seizes Olivia Rodrigo tickets from scalpers and puts them back on sale at face value

Ticketmaster has moved to clean up the chaos around Olivia Rodrigo’s The Unraveled Tour, announcing that it has taken back tickets snapped...

Jonas Brothers unleash new single at sold‑out MSG as Burning Up era returns

Jonas Brothers kicked off their Burning Up revival in New York on Thursday night (20.08.26), debuting their next single Listen When Sad...

Empire State Building goes green as mysterious TS symbols spark Taylor Swift fan theories

Taylor Swift appeared to team-up with The Empire State Building to tease a new project on Thursday (20.08.26). The...

George Lucas wanted to direct Star Wars: The Force Awakens


George Lucas initially wanted to direct ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.

The 70-year-old creator of the sci-fi franchise had been planning to make the new movie and release it in 2015, before selling on his production company Lucasfilm.

However, Lucas said the commitment needed for a ‘Star Wars’ trilogy, allied to Disney’s interest in buying the franchise, prompted him to give up creative control.

He said: "It’s better for me to get out at the beginning of a new thing and I can just remove myself. The time is more important to me than the money."

Lucas – who is also responsible for the ‘Indiana Jones’ franchise – said he is looking forward to watching the much-anticipated new ‘Star Wars’ film as a fan.

He told USA Today: "The only thing I really regret about Star Wars is the fact I never got to see it – I never got to be blown out of my seat when the ship came over the screen. The next one, I’ll be able to enjoy it like anybody else."

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ opens in cinemas in December 2015.

Latest Posts

Ariana Grande slams Donald Trump for using her music in anti-trans TikTok post

Ariana Grande has warned US President Donald Trump not to use her music on TikTok. The world leader -...

Ticketmaster seizes Olivia Rodrigo tickets from scalpers and puts them back on sale at face value

Ticketmaster has moved to clean up the chaos around Olivia Rodrigo’s The Unraveled Tour, announcing that it has taken back tickets snapped...

Jonas Brothers unleash new single at sold‑out MSG as Burning Up era returns

Jonas Brothers kicked off their Burning Up revival in New York on Thursday night (20.08.26), debuting their next single Listen When Sad...

Empire State Building goes green as mysterious TS symbols spark Taylor Swift fan theories

Taylor Swift appeared to team-up with The Empire State Building to tease a new project on Thursday (20.08.26). The...

Don't Miss

Megan Thee Stallion signs deal with Interscope Records

Megan Thee Stallion has signed a new deal with Interscope Records. Although the 31-year-old star will remain an independent...

Phoebe Bridgers explains why Lost Weekend took ‘forever’ to make

Phoebe Bridgers' new album took "forever" to make. The 31-year-old singer has ended her years-long hiatus with the release...

Becky G’s new album ‘marries’ both sides of her personality

Becky G's new album reflects both sides of her personality. The 29-year-old singer has just released Baraja Bendita, her...

Sam Smith doesn’t compare their career to other artists

Sam Smith no longer compares themself to other artists. The 34-year-old singer has previously been linked to George Michael,...

Suki Waterhouse reveals how Robert Pattinson ‘inspired’ Weirdo

Suki Waterhouse's Weirdo was "definitely inspired" by Robert Pattinson. The 34-year-old singer has revealed that Robert, her fiance, is...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.