Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Phoebe Bridgers explains why Lost Weekend took ‘forever’ to make

Phoebe Bridgers' new album took "forever" to make. The 31-year-old singer has ended her years-long hiatus with the release...

Latest Posts

Jamie T unveils new album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning) with contributions from Damon Albarn and Hugo White

Indie legend Jamie T has announced his sixth studio album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning), a deeply personal 11‑track collection arriving October...

Phoebe Bridgers cancels intimate shows after being hospitalised with appendicitis

Phoebe Bridgers has postponed her intimate UK shows this week after being struck down with appendicitis. The musician played...

The Beatles announce long-term partnership with UMG and Apple Corps

Universal Music Group (UMG) and Apple Corps have unveiled a new exclusive, long‑term global partnership that will expand how The Beatles’ brand...

Becky G says working with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco was ‘beautiful’ as she recalls stunt‑filled video shoot

Becky G has hailed her recent team‑up with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco as "beautiful". The married couple teamed...

Dane DeHaan believes MCU deal prevented Sinister Six Spider-Man film

Dane DeHaan believes there would have been a ‘Spider-Man’ movie based on the ‘Sinister Six’ had the character not become part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
The 34-year-old actor played the role of Harry Osborn/ Green Goblin in Sony Pictures 2014 blockbuster ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2’ and Dane is certain that a flick featuring some of Spider-Man’s fiercest foes, such as Doctor Octopus and Vulture, would have come to fruition before Marvel – which was bought by Disney in 2009 – struck a deal in 2015 to share the rights of the characters from the Spider-Man comics which Sony had previously purchased.
When asked about if he knew about the future plans for his character, Dane told Collider: "I think it’s pretty obvious they were all setting up for like a Sinister Six kind of situation and there was certainly talk of doing all that before the Disney, Marvel, stuff happened.
"But I can’t tell you I know specifically what it was gonna be. I just know that there would have been a Sinister Six element to it. And, you know, at least the Goblin, if not Harry Osborn would have been involved."
Dane stars in the web series ‘The Stranger’, which has been created by Veena Sud and is airing on the video platform Quibi. The ‘A Cure for Wellness’ star likened the project to working on an independent film.
When asked about the differences between shooting on ‘The Stranger’ and traditional film projects, Dane said: "Well, there’s all sorts of different theatrical films, too.
"I would liken our budget and schedule and experience to a typical indie movie. It certainly didn’t feel like I was on the set of a giant budget film, blockbuster kind of thing, or even some of the limited series I’ve done, which just seems to have giant budgets and amount of time and equipment and all that.
"But I guess generally it felt like shooting an indie movie. And then certainly, yeah, the biggest actual difference was just the vertical and horizontal frame."

Latest Posts

Jamie T unveils new album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning) with contributions from Damon Albarn and Hugo White

Indie legend Jamie T has announced his sixth studio album Ghosts (100 Days of Morning), a deeply personal 11‑track collection arriving October...

Phoebe Bridgers cancels intimate shows after being hospitalised with appendicitis

Phoebe Bridgers has postponed her intimate UK shows this week after being struck down with appendicitis. The musician played...

The Beatles announce long-term partnership with UMG and Apple Corps

Universal Music Group (UMG) and Apple Corps have unveiled a new exclusive, long‑term global partnership that will expand how The Beatles’ brand...

Becky G says working with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco was ‘beautiful’ as she recalls stunt‑filled video shoot

Becky G has hailed her recent team‑up with Selena Gomez and Benny Blanco as "beautiful". The married couple teamed...

Don't Miss

Hayley Williams’ band Power Snatch just dropped some surprise music

Hayley Williams' new band Power Snatch has dropped a new EP. The Paramore frontwoman launched her new band six...

Eurovision Song Contest changes rules for countries at war

The Eurovision Song Contest has made a groundbreaking change to their rules for countries at war. The annual...

RAYE ‘working on a soundtrack’ for one of Michael B. Jordan’s movies amid romance rumours

RAYE and Michael B. Jordan are not thought to be romantically involved after the pair sent TikTok into meltdown last week after...

Ritchie Blackmore to reunite with Deep Purple onstage for the first time in 33 years

Ritchie Blackmore is set to step onstage with Deep Purple for the first time in more than three decades.

Jenna Ortega spills all on her scenes in Sabrina Carpenter’s violent Taste music video

Jenna Ortega's scenes in Sabrina Carpenter's Taste music video were largely improvised as she only found out about the role just days...

Stay in touch

To be updated with all the latest news, offers and special announcements.